It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Not having been contacted as of yet, antar sits waiting watching as the cascading icy waterfall in her living quarters lights up with the magenta and purple lights, something it does as it resonates with her morning meditation.

Captain Cadbury will be telepathically sending the message about her next mission. Captain Cadbury, it will be an honor to serve once again under his command. His portentous taste for adventure meant this was certain to be something for the most experienced crew members only.

Vaguely able to 'see' who else would be joining the crew antar could only hope that both Skyfloating and whisper would be by her side.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sorry i'm running late captain, my ermm... assignment in Canada took a little longer than expected... pesky Canadians.

I can be of use to you either for my special ops expertise, or my scientific background. Do with me what you will sir.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Role Players take note: Please read the following links as they are important. It is necessary that there are certain constants in how both the Earthlings and the Rigellians understand the underpinnings of the structure of the universe.

A New Thread will be posted at 9PM EST which will start the Space Opera.

The crews need to respond to the roster so that the seperate journeys may begin.

Both ships are FLT and are knowledgeable on how to utilize wormholes for distances on a cosmological scale. Your capabilities enable you to span the furthest reaches of the universe and the edges of Light Matter sent out from the 'Big Bang' (if that term is adaquate).

The Universe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aab33b8db1b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Tutorial - All Crew members

Dark Energy

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Dark Matter

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The Big Rip

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Update:
Two merging black holes have been detected

Gamma burst hazard
Gravity waves incoming

Starship Penelope:

Release delayed to 2100hrs March 17

Starship Yddryl:

Release delayed until 2100hrs March 17

Captains roll call - Crew Member Status Report

Crew Lists

Starship Penelope

• Captain - mf_luder
  • Pilot(?) - fooks
  • Chief Medical Officer - DJMEsssiah
  • Chief Security Officer - nenothtu
  • Weapons Control Officer - WCO Seeker
  • Navigator - whiterabbit85

Starship Yddryl

• Captain - Cadbury
  • Pilot(/) - scurvy
  • Navigation Officer - Skyfloating
  • Empath - antar
  • Special Ops - Whisper67

[edit on 17/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

whiterabbit85

We need a navigator, a science officer, a fighter commander or a marine commander.

Please U2U me or post on here w/ your pick.

Priority 1 as of now is a Navigator.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Alright! Looks like we have ourselves a Navigation officer now. Welcome aboard whiterabbit85!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Role Playing

The following crew members have the right idea:

Skyfloating
www.abovetopsecret.com...

antar

Trav

nenothtu

mf_luder

Seeker

Whisper

Build a personality based entirely on this mission. The rules are basic:

• The Captain is the authority on the ship and his orders to his entire crew are in BB Code for orange (ie: [color=orange]Now hear this )

• Crew members are expected to create personalities which reflect their status on board- ie Pilot, Security Officer, etc.

• conversations between crew members are to be done using the 'Reply-To' button on the top right hand corner of each post or using the 'Quote' button (please trim to portion of the quote you are replying to. If you have questions on how to do that, please U2U me)

Some writers do not have enough posts to enable U2U's. If a private message is to be communicated and you can't do so, I will pass the U2U on to the intended recipient.

• posting pictures in the thread: pictures must be uploaded to the ATS Media site.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

-Once logged in, find 'My account' at the top right hand corner

-Find 'My pictures' on the drop down list and click on that

-load picture you want by browsing your file

-click on the downloaded picture and copy paste proper link

• Ship-to-Ship communications between the Penelope and the Yddryl will not occur until they meet at some point after departure from their respective outposts.

• Never post any out-of-role comments or questions in the story thread but only here

• We only write from our characters perspective and never do any storytelling "for" someone else...in other words: If lets say, some impact hits the ship and the captain experiences lots of pain, we cannot "re-write" that section but can only describe the same event from our personal perspective.

Penelope leaves port at Lagrange One at 2100 hrs tonight.

Yddryl has not been heard from yet.

• NATURE (me) will stay out of the Space Opera with the exception of an opportunity which comes out of the creation of a 'Super Wormhole' as an effect of two massive black holes merging in the vicinity of both vessels.

I'm in here only to kill crew members with meteorites, gamma radiation, etc. I will NOT kill anyone without first contacting the affected crew member and coming to an agreement on their demise.

Relevant ATS Topics?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Just a question - my apologies but I'm in Korea at the moment. Can you tell me what time zone you're in so I'll know when to start?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Opening Post will appear at 2100 hrs EST.

It doesn't matter about time zones for posting. Once the dedicated and 'stickied' thread is started, members involved can carry on at their convenience and don't have to post at any specific time in relation to EST.

It is now 11:36 AM

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Note:

Crew member Trav has been re-assigned to another mission and is dropped from the Penelope roster.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Two suggestions/questions:

* Lets never post any out-of-role comments or questions in the story thread but only here

* Suggestion (let me know if you disagree, thats OK): We only write from our characters perspective and never do any storytelling "for" someone else...in other words: If lets say, some impact hits the ship and the captain experiences lots of pain, we cannot "re-write" that section but can only describe the same event from our personal perspective (if we want to).

Im wanting to make sure we dont make up 10 different stories but are all writing within the same basic context...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Command of the fighter squadrons is well within my training as well, so I can handle those unruly hotheads as well as gunnery if needs be. Just say the word Capt. Luder.

And that sounds like a decent way to keep things under control Skyfloating. No arguments here.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
is it too late? i volunteer for whatever is open?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If you are still looking for crew members on the Yddryl I would be greatly interested in serving under Captain Cadbury. In my... work... his reputation precedes him. With a history in space "scavenging" I have some skill sets that could be useful on board a fully operational starship. If you require a pilot I have the required credentials to fly. My specialty is the appraisal and restoration of weaponry systems, a skill I would be willing to exercise on board the ship as well. Being a scavenger I possess working knowledge in most areas of operating and maintaining small craft and am an able officer of a small crew. Hope you'll have me on board.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Two suggestions/questions:

* Lets never post any out-of-role comments or questions in the story thread but only here

* Suggestion (let me know if you disagree, thats OK): We only write from our characters perspective and never do any storytelling "for" someone else...in other words: If lets say, some impact hits the ship and the captain experiences lots of pain, we cannot "re-write" that section but can only describe the same event from our personal perspective (if we want to).

Im wanting to make sure we dont make up 10 different stories but are all writing within the same basic context...

[edit on 17-3-2009 by Skyfloating]

Good points

Let it be so written into the rules.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You're never too late, fooks, no matter what time zone you're in.

You'll see.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Scurvy

WOOT

Welcome aboard, scurvy.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
ok!

who do you need me to be? i have no preference.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
ok!

who do you need me to be? i have no preference.

Check and see which positions are still available and define your character

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wish Captain Cadbury would call in. No doubt he's off on a personal junket to Betelgeuse, which figures, considering the pleasures to be had in that disreputable sector of Orion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join