It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sounds good to me, welcome aboard.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

U2U sent, Cap.

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

The captain of the Penelope has been given his mission and a ship will be available for First Inspection at Lagrange One where it is currently docked.

I would suggest to the captain that the ship will meet all of his expectations in both innovation and tecnical advances. The ship will have unheard of power, speed and durability, and, best of all, successfully wormhole tested.

Crew lists to be finalized and members boarded by 1100hrs EST March 17.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Note: Intergalactic communication incoming.

Location Rigellian Outpost, Orion Nebula.

www.space.com...

Originator: Captain Cadbury, Rigellian Starship Yddryl. Mission Statement.

Announcement to follow.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Seeker here, reporting for duty as Weapons Control Officer aboard the good ship Penelope. You see, I like things that go boom and put holes in the other guy, in this case some slimy alien jugheads from Orion's crotch...

Can't wait to hear what kind of goodies are at my disposal on this epic journey. WCO Seeker reporting for duty Captain! o7

"By the way, thanks for letting me in on this Masqua. I love to write and I couldn't pass it up."

-Seeker

[edit on 16-3-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Welcome aboard! Mind the fumes in engineering, They made me pass out at first, but it was a GOOD, woozy sort of passing out. And that shiny tree-rat back there is a fine... ummmm... "critter", at least it hasn't bitten me yet. Any critter that don't bite me on first inspection is alright in my book.

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Welcome to the Penelope, Seeker, look forward to working with you!

Er, someone mentioned something about a rat in engineering???

Do we have a pest control officer? lol

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Nice to meet you as well CSO Nenothtu. I'll try to make your job as easy as possible by shooting down those filthy alien scumbags before they get a chance to board. I might let a few get through just so you don't get bored. I wouldn't do that to a fellow crewman.

About that rat in engineering... Lured it into the airlock. We left the rat-cicle in our quantum wake days ago.

Other than that, I'm ready to boot up and interface with the combat systems at your call, Sir. Firing solutions made to order.

Sending U2U as we speak, Captain. o7

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Lucille's no rat, she's just missing hair. Ain't her fault. And she's a necessary part of this crew, I tell ya. Who do you think keeps all my little nuts and screws in order? Tiny hands... amazing things.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
About that rat in engineering... Lured it into the airlock. We left the rat-cicle in our quantum wake days ago.

Mutineer!

Oh... wasn't her. Must have been one of the real rats. Don't mind them. They've got a purpose too.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sssst Gawh Betelgeuse Ttht rrrrs!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'll leave them be, Traveler. I mistook them for the common pest variety. Just tell them to leave my weapons systems to those with opposable thumbs.

Holy Terra, I daresay I hear some Alien gibberish coming from the communications station!

Nice to meet ya Antar. o7

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Since we don't have a communications OR science officer, someone want to take a shot at deciphering whatever that was?! The only thing I could make out was "Betelguese." Wonder if they meant the star?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Sssst Gawh Betelgeuse Ttht rrrrs!!

She sits alone in her quarters, all nicely furnished from the Rigellian Force having been grateful for her spying and mercenary capabilities. Enapat knows she has certainly sacrificed enough. The elaborate furnishings fit for a Grand Architect means gwark to her. The room is icy cold as her kind like.

Whisper looks forward to an opportunity for anarchy; activity and a need for her rank has been all too quiet since Betelgeuse. “Betelgeuse” she repeats to herself. If only her orders had been followed, the gwarking Chancellor would have never known; so close we were, so close.

No mistaking it this time. For without a doubt, that was her dear friend Antar [as much as Rigellians can have friends]. How long had it been? No mistaking her ‘voice.’ A wicked but loving smile spreads slowly across her mouth revealing silvery, sharp, pointy small teeth. That’s a funny thing about Rigellians’, a lot of species vary in color, we vary in size and shape of teeth. Each race evolving on multiple planets had various food sources. Our razor sharp teeth evolved to benefit each location.

Again! Even louder Whisper almost spills her thick, chalky brown beverage! Again with the teeth and she takes a moment to set her drink down, adjust her tentacles, close all of her eyelids, and replies to Antar. She sends along a vibration of warmth with a coy tease of trying to delve into Antars wealth of knowledge. …..She knows something….where we are going….our mission to which Whisper hasen’t been advised full disclosure….yes….she knows….almost…GWARK! Whisper chuckles to herself. She knows better. How many hundreds of years has she been in silent awe of the abilities of Antar?

We Rigellians aren’t big on ‘feelings’, emotions. Antar makes Whisper question herself from time to time. The excessive coldness she seems to exhibit is no doubt a product of her conditioning for Special Operations. In quiet moments, reflecting all of those close to her she’s lost, she wishes for Antars ability to FEEL. Whisper can almost get there and then, shuts down. She chooses to focus her discord, her angst, her longing to her career. She can redeem her past by becoming a silent hero of today.

Whisper continues preparing for the departure. Handling her favorite tricks of the trade, she packs them with the attendance of a mother to a child. She finishes up her last night by having another sticky, super sweet, thick chalky inebriating beverage. Her final preparation and evening ritual ensues. Using a slick, oily substance she applies this to all of her tentacles, hers being shorter and smaller then others adding to her stealth.

Dreams of returning to Betelgeuse, tantalize her. Her icy demeanor shifts for just a moment as she drifts off to sleep.”I must know the secret, we were so close, we will be again….it only takes one transition through the wormhole…one.” Again, the bone chilling toothy grin.

[edit on 3/17/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Sounded like somebody clearing their throat to me. Universal Translator gizzy said it "must be encrypted", but was definitely language, and is spinning it's wheels and trying to decrypt it as we speak. I'm still leaning toward a throat clearing, since Betelgeuse came through relatively clearly.

Reminds me of the voices I used to hear in my head, before I started wearing this steel hat.

After all, what good is it having voices in yer head if ya can't figure out what they're saying?

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Universe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aab33b8db1b5.jpg[/atsimg]

Tutorial - All Crew members

Dark Energy

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Dark Matter

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The Big Rip

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Update:
Two merging black holes have been detected

Gamma burst hazard
Gravity waves incoming

Starship Penelope:

Release delayed to 2100hrs March 17

Starship Yddryl:

Release delayed until 2100hrs March 17

Captains roll call - Crew Member Status Report

[edit on 17/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Captains need to take control of their ship crews at this time and prepare for departure on their seperate missions.

You DO both have a mission, don't you?

During the completion of those seperate missions, the two starships will meet.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is Captain mf_luder of the USS Penelope.

Chief Security Officer: nenothtu
Chief Weapons Officer: Seeker of Autumn
Chief Engineer: TravelerintheDark

Those are the only crewmembers I've recieved direct confirmation from.

We can each take on the roles of others as needed. My side-speciality from the Academy was Science, so - I can act as a de facto science officer as well.

We are ready to embark on our maiden voyage.

Standing by for launch.

I pick up the intership com relay.

"ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE. REPEAT. ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE."

After I put the relay down, I notice the outer docking umbilicals are beginning to retract and the station is retracting its maintenance bots and personnel. The ship smells new, for cripe's sake. Like a new car almost. I lean back in the command chair and take in the site of the ship. There are massive displays suspended from the ceiling and several stations spread around the command center in a semi circle around the central command station.

Engineer, prepare the ship for launch on my mark.

Mark.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Update:
Two merging black holes have been detected

Gamma burst hazard
Gravity waves incoming

Starship Penelope:

Release delayed to 2100hrs March 17

Starship Yddryl:

Release delayed until 2100hrs March 17