It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 391
<< 388  389  390    392 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yeah, your 'cat' is out there somewhere - and while still under Mag's enslavement (?) she's probably looking for you. Sslar, not Mag. Though I have it on good sources Mag is looking for you and is she pissed.

But as I'd said a month or so back - I'd leave her to you after borrowing her for a moment.

Good to see you back and settled(?).

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Same as Silo, good to have you back.

Muckles and Tibbs are still in the little hut on the rock wall
in Bisley Deeps.
I'm not sure where Wilds is.

And I'm sat here. (I'm waving)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Well, this is sort of what neno is seeing on the other side of the wall of mist:

I've not yet gotten to add the trees on the hillsides and meadow grass and stuff, because my computer is being very uncooperative at the moment, so I didn't post it in the story thread.

edit on 2013/12/2 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Looking forward to seeing the pic in the storyline - looks cool.
How many days did it take to render?

YAY! Sslar is back with you! That's FAB! I know someone who's not going to be happy!

peace

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well Neno - it looks like you're being hunted - or about to be - on your own planet.
Someone's out for BLOOD.

peace

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Can't be done - neno is no longer on K4, and hasn't been since he walked through the veil.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

nenothtu
reply to post by silo13

Can't be done - neno is no longer on K4, and hasn't been since he walked through the veil.

I think the Man/Girl has finished his reading, do you wish him to join you over... 'there'?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Well you can be hunted - doesn't mean they'll get you lol.

I'm sure they'll figure something out.

peace

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
May I wish all involved in The Space Opera and all those who enjoy
this strange yarn a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Boy In A Dress is once again, sitting in his folly-cum-shed with a
tea-towel on his head. The swaddled object in his arms is that
bottle of Jack Daniels that went missing two weeks ago.
I'm certain of it.

It's the same every year.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to all here.

I hope come 'next year' we can pull this thing together as 'one' - or wrap it up.

Up to you all.

Hugs around
~ grace ~

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Merry Christmas, y'all!

The latest installment I plugged into the story - the "Christmas Interlude", is based upon a true story. it happened at a Walmart in Independence, MO. Yes, it was the real Santa - but he was in his civvies, instead of his suit, so it was hard to tell - and riding around Walmart on one of those Walmart Go-Karts. He seriously stopped me in the middle of shopping and wanted to know where I got my duster. it's one-of-a-kind, and I think they stopped making them some time in the 90's. Got it for the grand fee of 25 dollars ("dollars" ---> "pounds" ---> became ---> "kilos") off the internet ("UEF Cortex Network") from some dinky place in Texas where they still had one laying around.

The rest is made-up crap, which is what some of the best stories are constructed from... made up crap wrapped around a core of fact. Meeting Santa - the real one, of course - was, umm... "inspiring".

Again, Merry Christmas all, and Happy New Year!

neno

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

A boy in a dress

I think the Man/Girl has finished his reading, do you wish him to join you over... 'there'?

Yeah, come on in, the water is fine!

"over...'there' " is going to turn out to be Avalon, or Tir na Nog, or whatever that "Place Between the Places" is called in your frame of reference.

Mind the dragon-killing knights whenever you come skittering in on a - GASP! - uktena!

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

silo13
Merry Christmas to all here.

I hope come 'next year' we can pull this thing together as 'one' - or wrap it up.

Up to you all.

Hugs around
~ grace ~

Come on in! Find a way through the Veil, and avoid slappin' distressed damsels around too much. Them chivalrous fellas take a dim view of that, and I've no idea how one would react if it was one distressed damsel slappin' another around.

maybe grin and turn the grog horn bottoms up?

Might work better in a vat of mud, or Jello, or something....

edit on 2013/12/24 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

nenothtu

A boy in a dress

Yeah, come on in, the water is fine!

"over...'there' " is going to turn out to be Avalon, or Tir na Nog, or whatever that "Place Between the Places" is called in your frame of reference.

Mind the dragon-killing knights whenever you come skittering in on a - GASP! - uktena!

BIAD is officially through the veil, but let's be honest, he was always 'off-the-track' anyway!
That was a great yarn there about the true meaning of this time of the year, well done Sir.

Avalon.... the place where fair maidens are held in high regard and chivalry is the norm.
Oh well, they're really gonna enjoy Muckles!!!

Merry Christmas Neno and all.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Oh, I have no doubt Argus, Silo and Flint will make it across but I can't help but wonder what will happen to the Yydryl and the two left behind (Mag and Pax) who're out for blood?

Any ideas on the Yydryl? I'm sure the others will take care of themselves.

peace and Happy New Year All!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Flint, Argus and Silo (still unconscious) are somewhere far from the camp and on the run.

The camp and all in it has been destroyed. Quiet is dead - just like from Adam’s ‘dreams’.

Mag and Pax - who knows? They’re being hunted by the Giant.

Back on Ship?

Moriah has been hurt and Jeni is missing due to an accident caused by Pip. The Deson Transporter device the sisters were working on is destroyed, Ship’s power reservoir completely sucked dry and damaged.

Pip - the little coward - is gone.

The lone working droid who’d witnesses Pip’s revenge? No one knows where it is or where it’s gone - if it was damaged in the explosion or not.

And Newman? Who’d been in the camp.

That’s an unknown.

So there you do - I'm still trying to tie up loose ends to get moving on.

peace

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In stumbling like a drunk across the verdant landscape of the internet, I tripped across this page. I was originally seeking plot devices and recognition features for another project, but the page is Just That Good for all manner of writings. Don't let the title of "TvTropes" fool you - it has something for everyone in the writing game there, not restricted to TV writing. It started out as a wiki for TV tropes, but grew and branched out from there, morphing over time into Something Else Entirely.

For example, and relating it to the Space Opera, here is an entry on the longcoat from which the neno character derives such an air of badassitude. Since the tropes are ingrained in the minds of all everywhere, it went a long way in explaining why I get the odd reactions I do to simply walking down the street in my duster. I only ever get two reactions, but to varying degrees. You ought to see the crackheads scatter when I do it after midnight....

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Great site and I understand how the Duster-coat is used in the 'lonely hero-type'
There' one thing that is omitted, the idea of the flowing coat blowing in the wind
is also seen as a visual metaphor.
The raggedy-looking coat-tails are a representation of torn and wind-blown ideals
and disciplines that the hero still holds dear and yet have been damaged as he
interacts with the world around him.
The hem is always seen as blowing behind or around him, and so there's a hope
that he leaves a portion of these beliefs in his wake.

It makes for great shots of a solitary resolute figure making his way towards a
setting sun too!!

I deliberately avoided this when Boy In A Dress' appearance was conjured up.
The idea off a silly-looking being wearing a short dress and high-heels was a
concept I had of leading the reader from the typical 'hero stereotypes'

It indicated vulnerability and of course, the female shape and male spirit
played on the insecurity of people's sexuality... it's a cheap-shot really,
but I know that via the Chat Room, it has a bearing.
(The first thing anyone asks is 'do you REALLY wear a dress?!)

The idea that he would offer a crazy-grin and have no eyes was to imply
a 'slightly-off-the-wall' view of life and the 'blindness' had a duel role.
Justice has no eyes and we initially judge the situation around us with our
eyes.

I certainly mean no disrespect to the Nenothtu character, he's too-grumpy
to debate this anyway and would opt for the simpler way of just parting
one's hair with a bullet!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wild, Alaag, Gert, Ben, and Brittle are in a dimension of Avalon.

Gert has the young men segregated, and is training the recalcitrant Wild, while trying to raise Muckles. Wild is studying herbals, and Alaag and Brittle are the barge men; though no one has come calling since their arrival. They learned the 'ropes', and Ben works with them at fencing and swordplay.

Just in case anyone still cares.
Backstory in the works on how they got there -

~w

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hi Hi - Good to see you back.
Great entry - and your avatar is smashing!

Question time:

If someone was to ‘show up’ in Avalon - and not necessarily on purpose - how would that happen?

Would their presence be detected?

What’s the ‘outer’ wilds (hehe) of Avalon like? I’m having a difficult time envisioning this place.

I ask - as - with Jeni transported off into the ethereal (thanks to that little puke Pip who’s now dead), could she (due to a malfunction in the Deson Transporter Moriah was working on) get transported/zapped/whatever - into Avalon?

I need some input from you on how that might work - or not.

peace

top topics

<< 388  389  390    392 >>

join