It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dracula's Christians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well put
... and yet there literally is a comic book version:

GOOD & EVIL

This wonderful illustrated Bible is now available in full color. You thought the black and white was good? Wait until you see the one in color! Buy now!

Sacrifice. War. Temptation. Betrayal. Hope. Redemption.

God chose to introduce Himself to mankind, not through principles, concepts, or doctrine; but through stories of prophecy, war, mercy, judgment, miracles, death, life, and forgiveness.

This is God’s redemption plan told chronologically from Genesis to Revelation. Those familiar with the Marvel Comic book format greatly appreciate this classic, high-quality, full-color art.
Our popular illustrated "Picture Bible," Good & Evil, has been beautifully colorized by professional artists! This amazing book takes you through the Bible chronologically, retelling key events in an easy-to-grasp illustrated comic book format. Each story page has verse references at the bottom so you can look up where in the Bible those events are recorded or doctrinal topics addressed on the page. Standard comic book dimensions, with 336 pages of fantastic color art.

Here's a sample of the book/bible from the publisher (pdf format)

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And there were many more examples in between that have left me with the conclusion that whether it be conscious or unconscious there is for lack of a better metaphor a dracula-like complex going on for these people... christains thirsting for nonchristian's blood much like they thirst after jesus's. I find this all very peculiar and disturbing, to be used as spiritual meat. The feeling i was left with was a sense of violation and distrust.

So you have never, ever, met a Christian you liked?

Hang on a sec., I'll be right back.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
thirsting for peoples blood?

I was once a very devout Christian, now i really no longer fit that mold, yes there are overbearing Christians,
I never thought by winning a soul to Christ I was earning my way into heaven, I was never taught that.The only prerequisite to entry to heaven is accepting Christ as your lord and Savior, loving god, and loving you neighbor as yourself.

It was more of you are saving a soul.

I no longer try to save souls, and I don't believe in hell.

Maybe you find what you are looking for, if you expect the worse from a person, you will seldom be disappointed.

We all need to be more understanding, look at it as a learning experience.

Be the bigger person, we can find hate everywhere, we can judge one-another unmercifully, or we can try and reach out to one another, it works both ways. she may have found you to have a haughty attitude.

Put yourself in her shoes, seriously try to look at it from her perspective, how do you think she felt?

It is all about control.

Do you find yourself superior?

Do you think she is inferior ?

If so then you both are guilty.

You found it necessary to post a topic calling Christian vampires?

You couldn't?

Control?

Yourself?

You have a long way to go, we all do .

all people you come into contact with, potentially have a message for you,

www.fieldsbooks.com...
Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide

[edit on 103131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Excellent! I'll be purchasing these for my kids (and myself vicariously), they'll go nicely with our Star Trek comics, hehe

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"Dracula's Christians" is clearly a distinction reserved for those who fit the profile, not intended to be taken as a broad brush. I have meet quite a few Christians who don't attempt to con/seduce non-christians into taking the bite. They are usually of the watered down variety of Christianity that permits their followers to think for themselves, to not take the bible literally.

Switching gears as suggested... if i put myself in the shoes of someone who is god-fearing, someone who believes in the heaven/hell afterlife. Then i can see how one would be motivated to "save" the ignorant misguided masses from their lost state of being. If the ticket to eternal salvation is simply to accept the blood of christ, sounds like a steal/bargain that you would want to share with everyone, even if it took some bait and switch trickery, thus the vampire metaphor plays out in reality.

I'm with BAC on filling this genre... somewhere between the scifi and horror novels on the bookshelf. If god does exist s/he is most likely an alien from another planet. Would explain all the abduction stories and sightings... they are just stopping by periodically to check on their project's progress/evolution.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
at last count I've had three christian interventions. I always feel like I'm surrounded by vampires thirsting for my blood. Usually it starts with a "friendly" (yet suspicious) cup of tea/coffee and then a conversation that somehow steers into grade school theology where I have to defend my atheism. The last time I was actually told that I must have given up believing in god because my mother died and so was angry with him. wtf? who says things like that?
cult tactics 101. find a persons vulnerable point and stick hot pokers into it. break them down so you can re-build them to your own image and hopefully they may even thank you for it! very predatory.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by riley]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
For in the same way you judge others, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in you own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

How can someone who has attained or is attempting to attain enlightenment be so intolerant?

The journey is ultimately yours, it is how you react to the situation, look at this experience as a test.

It's all good, I have nothing more to say.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I understand your point but i don't see how it applies to the topic at hand. Imagine an ATS without judgment, investigation, assessment, analysis, perspective, commentary... i can't.

To borrow some of your imagery. I have issue with those who have a speck/plank in their eye trying to put a speck/plank in the eye of those who have no obstructed view. This here is such the case.

When i explain what doesn't make sense about the bible to people of the speck/plank, the most common reply i get is that once you accept jesus into your life everything will make sense. When i press for how this is possible, i am left with the impression that some sort of a lobotomy to the critical thinking side of my brain is required. For instance, i recall this sales lady telling me that i am thinking to hard, that it's an 'experience', that all i have to do is accept his will. Which i interpret to mean; surrender the part of me that sees error in the realm of the bible's authority.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

M't:7:3: And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
M't:7:4: Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
M't:7:5: Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

This applies to Christians as well. We should worry about our own conduct first. We are all lacking as humans. Christian and Atheist alike. If a person plainly says they aren't interested, why push it? They make their choice, whether it's right or wrong in our eyes.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You're probably right.
I'd say most Christians do it because they believe the person will go to Hell otherwise.
I don't blame them for that - no one should want to see another person being tortured for eternity (by the way, that includes God).
But it also seems to be much more than that with most.
A holier than thou attitude.
And the whole "I'll be praying for you" is kind of annoying... why do you have to let the person know?
When I was a Christian, I would pray for people, but I wouldn't look down at them...

It's just how they come across.
I'm right and you're wrong and if you don't admit I'm right you will be tortured forever - muahahahaha...

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
A childhood friend of mine from my old neighborhood was my first vicarious introduction to the power of religion. We grew up a block a way from each other went to the same grade - high school. His parents were devote church goers (southern Baptist) and brought him and his brother every sunday to either mass or sunday school. I don't recall him and his family ever inviting me and my family to their church, but what i do recall was the impact it had on him.

Once he reached his high school years his parents let him decide if we want to continue going to church. I remember many sundays where he was torn over going or not. He didn't want to go, but he couldn't bare the feels of guilt he had when he didn't go. It seemed very strange to me at the time but now i can see how years and years of conditioning could have weight on one's sense of self worth. We have lost touch since graduation but i would guess he has done the very same thing his parents did to him... which i image is common practice among those who subscribe to typical Christian doctrine.

I can see a similar parallel here with the amish, in that they let teens have a taste of freedom, but then lay down conditions in which they can return.

Developmentally these kids are ill equip to deal with life without the aid of a bible/church/support-group. To be sent out into the world with such an irrational sense of dependency, clinging to a security blanket, seems very ill conceived, negligent and even cruel.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I respect your opinion I, but it is just that, an opinion. Your friend in his later years obviously had his own choice to make when he was no longer under his parents rule. If he decided to remain in such an atmosphere, it's his own fault and choice. I don't think that when we reach adulthood, we can blame others for our choices. We each have an independent, well informed choice to make.

I was the complete opposite of your friend. I was raised Atheist, I picked up the Bible on my own, and found that I could relate to the truths within. Though some are no doubt brainwashed into believing (which is completely wrong in my books, it should be an individual choice) they do have accountability as adults. It's like someone who says, well my father was a bank robber, you can't blame me for being one too.

Nevertheless don't take my post the wrong way, I'm just trying to show we aren't all automatons, or zombies doing whatever we were taught. This of course is IMHO.

God Bless

[edit on 18-3-2009 by B.A.C.]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Well if anything it sounds like you were in the presence of a born again christian. I know, I used to be one, although, I wasn't as outgoing as these people. I was the shy type and did not feel comfortable pushing my religion onto other people. In fact a friend of mine tore me away slowly from christianity into wiccan, but that is another story.

There is a ton of brainwashing that goes on in the church, mainly done by the parents. My parents told me at a young age, that underage sex was a sin, immoral thoughts was a sin, and yes anything to do with liking the same sex was a sin, as I am bisexual. I finally tore away from the church when I went to go live with my Mother, and she could tell I was not happy. Being a christian meant nothing to me, I didn't feel instant happiness, I was depressed most of the time, and scared out of my mind. Thanks to the church it was one of the reasons why I fear death the most!

Anyhow, most born agains feel they are superior human beings, because they are all going to heaven and we are all going to hell. They also pressure people in the little group to go out and spread the gospel of Jesus, much like the mormons and Jehovas do, except they are less intrusive. Or at least i thought they were. I agree with you when you said they get points in heaven for saving you, yes they really believe that. They really want that crown that God will give them if they save you. Let me just say once you ask God into your heart they claim you will be forever changed, that is a load of bull crap, I asked God into my heart and still felt like crap, I did not feel his presence and I did not feel like doing a little jig, I believe it's all a lie!!

I no longer believe in anything, i guess I am an athiest but i don't want to label myself. I have looked into other religions, i just don't have time to sit down and read the wiccan creed, or buddas teachings, or how I am going to go to hell. The satanists are just as worse, they just replace Jesus and God with Satan.

My advice to you next time you see some fake jolly person and they want to talk to you about God douse your nose and run like crazy!!! LOL

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticalzoe

You unearthed another childhood memory of mine. For the most part my family had a very laissez faire attitude toward religion, none of us were church goers or subscribed to any one specific flavor/brand of faith. So one day as a grade schooler my mom dropped me off to spend the day with a cousin of mine (because she couldn't find a sitter on such short notice) whom i didn't know very well, who at some point during our playing house with ken and barbie described hell to me in all it's horrific detail. At the time i never heard of such a place, and i recall being a bit confused and shocked that no one else had told me about it... i would have at least thought my mom would have told me, so i can avoid going there... so why the big secret? Turns out that my cousin's mom (married into the family) was a born-again christain and had schooled her at home as well as through sunday school to believe that such a place existed. To this day, now as a parent, she has passed on this curse to her five children.

Even though my mom had explained to me that no one really knows for sure what awaits us after this life, i remember that brief introduction of my cousin's internal reality really had a very negative impact on me. It tore me up inside that god who supposedly loved us all would send us to such a place for such minor infractions if we didn't surrender our minds/will to him. At the time i couldn't articulate this but in retrospect there was a part of me that felt an injustice was done to my cousin. Much like i see the injustices of the church against people of varying sexual orientations today, and injustices throughout history against other people of varying belief systems.

In short, it is this fear mongering manipulation of our sense of morality that is key to unleashing the predictor in every christian. No wonder the religion has traveled so far and touched so many lives... in large part due to this insidious exploitation of our desire for immortality in please and to avoid just the opposite. Talk about an effective control mechanism, it's like doing business with the mob... being given "an offer you can't refuse".

[edit on 20-3-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
An interesting analogy. Even though I no longer believe in such nonsense, the Catholic Church doesn't teach Creationism the way Protestants do. One of the few things they have to their credit.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Christianity is a cult. Both my mom and sister are born again christians and they will have little to anything to do with me- because im Agnostic and not Christian. To these kinds of warped minded invididuals, I can only feel pity for their blindness, and know that in the end- their "zombie" like cult will only leave them- shocked and devistated by the fact that what they all believe is simply bull#.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Sad to hear that your family is so blinded by their unconditional "love" for jesus. Such blatant arrogant hypocrisy just shows you how far the scriptures can take you down this twisted trail. If they could only take an objective look at themselves for a moment, the house of cards would come crashing down. I wish them A Happy Easter Exposé... and to you dear xynephadyn ... i wish you a Very Happy Spring Solstice/Equinox. May you be fertile in mind, body, heart and soul.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6549852cf0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 11-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
In reflection, it occurred to me that there is another indoctrination/brain-washing device/technique that is used on adolescents without their consent... the "holy" communion.

Correct me if i'm wrong but do i have this straight;

First communion typically takes place at the age of seven or eight?

The kids are dressed up to look like brides and grooms?

They have to give a vow to Jesus... similar to a wedding vow?

So basically we are making our kids marry Jesus... eat of his body and drink his blood... to gain immortality with him? Reminds me of the common vampire theme when indoctrinating a mortal child into the realm of the immortal.

Am i the only one who sees this parallel... correction... "chooses to see"?

Maybe this explains why the vampire story is so popular/perennial... the western world is vicariously playing this union out subconsciously through this dark story... a story that no one ever gets tired of... ie Twilight... released in Nov 2008 and has grossed $191,449,475 worldwide thus far (according to rottentomatoes.com).

[edit on 22-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
To "The All Seeing I" and "MatrixProphet":

Albeit, I am speaking as a non-Christian, but: Did it ever occur to you two geniuses that, instead of there being some evil vampiric, hypocritical conspiracy at play, these Christians might have approached you ("The All Seeing I") because they thought they were doing you a freaking favour?

I mean, Christians believe that they have the answer to eternal life so isn't it possible that they were simply trying to share this "good news" of salvation with you? As much as you may not believe in their particular doctrine, you should at least be grateful that they meant well. I mean, they COULD have decided to abuse or rob you instead.

These church members don't actually receive any monetary benefit from introducing you to the the church, so I have no idea why some of the other contributors in this thread were garbling on about some kind of financial conspiracy ("ooh, the more members the church has, the more money they get"). Stupid. Irrelevant.

Instead of condemning those particular evangelical Christians on an internet messageboard as some variety of demanding, parasitic freaks who were trying to rope you into some nefarious scheme, might a simple "thanks, but no thanks" to them have been more in order?

You guys sound like freaking schoolkids. Get over yourselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Beware born agains! They are zealous and so off-putting. They are actually doing a disservice to Jesus Christ because they put off many more people than they attract.

Churches are not the answer.

Jesus is the answer, as I say on many threads. Personally, I believe in Jesus and I do not believe in any manmade church. I try to live my life following the example of Jesus (and fall woefully short, obviously).

Steer well clear of churches and especially born-agains.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join