It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am so emotionally drained from thinking about how "our" government has destroyed this country that I can't even type my original thoughts.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just spit it out man!!!

Give 'em Hell!!!

Stick it to da man!!!

It's all good...we're all numb anymore...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

that was a nice post ... i liked it ...

short, sweet, and to the point!

sadly, i agree with you ...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let's not count the American people out yet! You will be surprised at what they can and will do. It just takes awhile to wake a sleeping giant, but when this giant is up then watch out!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Forrest your a Gosh Darn Genius!!!

Seriously yeah it does get over whelming if we stay focused on all the negatives and ignore all the good stuff going on. The problem is that the media really focuses on the negatives they get more attention with a story of another banker who had his hand in your pocket rather than little johnny from the slums winning the national spelling bee.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The US is plunging down and it's sad that many people still believe what
the media tells them. In fact, a reporter on Fox News just said that the
economy is getting better because the dow is up.

What a deceiver. How is the economy getting better when the US debt is
going up every day? How is the economy getting better when the
government keeps spending money without an ROI? How is the economy
getting better when a billion dollars, in interest, is accumulated each day?

It's sad that people want to believe that everything is fine and believe that
our government will bail us out. It's ashame that our beloved country
has turned into an corrupted empire. An empire that's too greedy to help
their own people. The American dream is gone, our freedom is being
compromised, and our children have to carry the burden.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
Let's not count the American people out yet! You will be surprised at what they can and will do. It just takes awhile to wake a sleeping giant, but when this giant is up then watch out!

My freind I agree 100% with you , but its hard, with 1 gov agency has a boot on your throat, and another with its hand in your pocket

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

What is this like the 1230th time a thread on the "end of america" has been posted? If theres one thing iv learned over time is that anybody who doubted america has always found themselves being wrong. America always finds herself back to her best.

Mind you in time we will loose our super power status but that doesnt necessarily make america what it is and it is an inevitibility.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu

That is if his head is not separated from his neck before he awakens.

The story is that David killed the mighty Goliath with a stone but the truth is he knocked him to the ground with the stone and while he was still dazed chopped off his head.

We are down for the count. The question is will stand up in time.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't know guys. Normally I would agree about what we will do when the time is right, or the "waking the sleeping giant" stuff, but I just don't know anymore.

1st. I believe that we, as americans, have become so convoluted that it's almost impossible to truly define "american" anymore.

2nd. I would have thought that the sleeping giant would have been awaken at some point within the past 4 years, and since we weren't, it appears that we can sleep through just about anything.

3rd. Although it appears that we all have some say in what happens, i think that's just an illusion, we are and have been under the boot for a long time now.

4th. The vast majority of americans are lazy and unconcerned to the point of talking loud, but no action.

now, if someone were to remotely turn off all i-pods, take away out internet and television, then maybe we would finally wake up, but as long as we can sit comfortably in our living-rooms and bitch about current events, we will.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I honestly did not think my original post would elicit any responses, but I'm glad it did.

Before writing the original, I was just thinking about our society (and how far we have fallen), "our" politicians (that sell us out for votes, favors, greed), and, for example, how a debate on illegal immigration degenerates from a legal discussion to accusations of racism, human rights violations, etc. (Sheriff Joe being investigated for enforcing the laws for example).

I think of these things often, primarily the third one (but they are all tied together in some way) because that sort of thing happens in 99% of discussions. People no longer debate an issue, they use tactics to stifle the other side ("racist") and change the topic from what it should be to one in which someone has to defend themselves.

I see pictures of the 40's and 50's and wonder how the hell we have turned into the obese slobs we are now (not all people granted). I realize there was scum back "in the good old days," but was it as prevalent and celebrated as it is today?

On the rare occasion I watch t.v., I am sickened by what I see and what I hear. Now, I am far from a prude, but the re-educating I witness nearly daily truly bothers me.

As for those who say there is always people predicting the downfall of America, but America survives, I ask this: What is America? Is it a country where laziness and dependency is celebrated? Is it a nation where intellectual debate is stifled? Is it a nation where those we elect put their interests above our collective interests?

OR

Is it a nation built on hard work, family values, decency, and a belief that one day "you too can be President of the United States?" Is it a nation to which people from all over the world came knowing if they worked hard, they could have a better live? (As opposed to today where you can come here illegally and live off the government and be praised and protected: have people conform our society to suit you.

When I speak of the death of America, I am talking about the degeneration of our society... America, and this "government" of ours may continue to exist for hundreds of more years, but the simple fact is the values upon which this nation was founded have been dead for some time.

This has turned into more of a rant than a thought provoking topic and I apologize.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
I honestly did not think my original post would elicit any responses, but I'm glad it did.

Before writing the original, I was just thinking about our society (and how far we have fallen), "our" politicians (that sell us out for votes, favors, greed), and, for example, how a debate on illegal immigration degenerates from a legal discussion to accusations of racism, human rights violations, etc. (Sheriff Joe being investigated for enforcing the laws for example).

I think of these things often, primarily the third one (but they are all tied together in some way) because that sort of thing happens in 99% of discussions. People no longer debate an issue, they use tactics to stifle the other side ("racist") and change the topic from what it should be to one in which someone has to defend themselves.

I see pictures of the 40's and 50's and wonder how the hell we have turned into the obese slobs we are now (not all people granted). I realize there was scum back "in the good old days," but was it as prevalent and celebrated as it is today?

On the rare occasion I watch t.v., I am sickened by what I see and what I hear. Now, I am far from a prude, but the re-educating I witness nearly daily truly bothers me.

As for those who say there is always people predicting the downfall of America, but America survives, I ask this: What is America? Is it a country where laziness and dependency is celebrated? Is it a nation where intellectual debate is stifled? Is it a nation where those we elect put their interests above our collective interests?

OR

Is it a nation built on hard work, family values, decency, and a belief that one day "you too can be President of the United States?" Is it a nation to which people from all over the world came knowing if they worked hard, they could have a better live? (As opposed to today where you can come here illegally and live off the government and be praised and protected: have people conform our society to suit you.

When I speak of the death of America, I am talking about the degeneration of our society... America, and this "government" of ours may continue to exist for hundreds of more years, but the simple fact is the values upon which this nation was founded have been dead for some time.

This has turned into more of a rant than a thought provoking topic and I apologize.

The America that you think of is long dead. Buried with our ancestors: people that put family, country and God before creature comforts.

We have been seduced with electricity, fast food, electronic media and the belief that we have earned something and that elusive something is being given to others and being with held from us so any amenity that we see someone else have then they had to have come by it undeservedly.

Greed, selfishness, bigotry and hatred are the weapons that they have armed us with and we are winning the war against each other. The big problem is that we are fighting the wrong enemy.

What we are searching for we lost a long time ago or gave away and we will not find it where we are looking.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think we all should take action against the government. We have Been Pushed around for too long in my opinion. Advertisements and things decept us from the real picture.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The current Government is not the first government in this land. Governments die, the people live on. So, it let you down...big deal, they're a dime a dozen.

So, its borrowing money it doesn't have...the American people have plenty of wealth. So, they don't know what they are doing...

The real problem seems to be the false understanding that the United States = America, this is not necessarily the case...If the feds and the states want to destroy themselves, I say let them; the buildings they occupy and all the assets they have will remain to be used by those who remain.

I don't see that there is anything major to worry about...but the sooner we get this episode over with, the better.

new topics

top topics

join