It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart on CNBC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Last night, on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart interviews CNBC's Jim Cramer and they discuss the financial.

If you haven't seen the interview, watch it. Regardless of your views on Jon Stewart, you have to praise his honest and blunt view on the financial crisis.

Analysing the financial crisis from the view of the individual - Joe Bloggs on the street - Stewart creates an uncomfortable atmosphere for Jim Cramer.

Daily Show

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep, I am so glad that Jon Stewart used the 2006 cramer video, to completely destroy him on TV. It was one of the greatest things I have seen in a long time.

I started a thread with that video the other day, you can check out the thread here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
here is the interview and this is an excellent interview. Who would of thought the comedian would call out the media like this. Great video. If only CNBC put this kind of pressure on the people they interview. The press is supposed to be for the average Joe hence the reason for the freedom of press because they are supposed to act as a regulator of sorts. Great interview this is one of the best of all time in my eyes.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That interview showed just how pathetic the media and journalism has become in America over the last decade. When a comedian is the only one out there asking the tough questions of these snake oil salesman then you know there are problems. Stewart is one smart SOB and he was so brutal that I bet Cramer is questioning his direction in life right now...if Cramer has a conscience and I think deep down he does. The real Ponzi scheme isn't just Madoff, it's the one pulled by the entire banking industry the last 15 years that just came crashing down on all our head's. Everyone who cares about this issue should watch this interview whether you lean Right or Left politically.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
there are so many people that have been sucked in by power and greed to ride shotgun with any bigger agenda who's goal is deception and $$$ (media executives and there anchors) that their are lines out the door should any openings occur and then these greedy people rationalize it away in whatever way they are willing to in order to sleep at nite...

but Jon was unfair to rick santelli....but santelli choose poor words...."loser mortgages"....out of anger and frustration at the system rewarding poor decisons....(which he rallied against the banker bailouts many times) ....
but Cramer is so far gone (morally) that i don't think it would be a stretch to call him a coked up con artist with a wonderful understanding of ways to deceive and manipulate the markets to make a buck (wether in a hedge fund or thru a entertainment show)

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The interview sure put Jim Cramer and his likes in their place. I'm sure Rick Santelli types squirmed in their place. But let's face facts these kind of media flare ups arent going to really make a dent in the way wall street does its work.

Every single trader and hedge fund huckster knows these things happen and play the "game". Calling out CNBC or Cramer is not going to make a dent in whats business as usual.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Not only the media, but the mentality of the professional fund managers etc.. basically.. it's a game, find the loop holes around the SEC and make as much as possible, as fast as possible, regardless of the effects. Unregulated, uncontrolled, runaway greed.. and the outcome is our current economic situation. And the fact that "no one saw it coming" .. that our President, our Treasurer, our Fed chairman could stand in front of us and tell us the economy is peachy just to collapse a short 2 weeks later is confounding.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is also a full uncensored version of the interview available here:

blog.indecisionforever.com...

top topics

join