It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't believe in God Buddha or Allah what do you believe in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Edited to remove the double post!

:go mods:

Personal Disclosure: Sorry about that.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I believe there is a God but not in the form of any religious book

he/she/it will be discovered by science one day

i DO believe in the holographic / fractal universe theory and there must be a creator to such a perfect model, and if the universe IS holographical, there is a scientific basis in an afterlife, it can only be as real as the illusion that is life itself

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloman Kane

Mother earth, atleast until proved otherwise.

Earth is my father, besides the blokes thing I swam out of ofc.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm a non-believer in the traditional sense...

I consider myself too mortal to try and understand the great powers that exist beyond my atmosphere. I have studied a few religions, philosophies and beliefs, including Hinduism, Buddism, Paganism, Christianity and more. None of these quite do it for me.... although morally they all have good and bad points. I have visited temples and i have to admit i was truly awestruck in experiencing a tour through an ancient Jain temple, carved completely from stone and marble. In the sense that i could feel the amount of spiritual energy that had crafted such a wonder. Hard to explain.....

I do believe that there may be a greater energy out there, but whether it is sentient or extraterrestrial, harmonic, angelic or illuminating.... I cannot say.

Nontheless, i try and live a decent life without hurting others as i think karma is a possibility. I appreciate the true feelings of those who believe but do not preach. I also understand why some people do preach and in many ways. I once exchanged telephone numbers with a mormon who wanted to convert me, in all honesty he was a nice guy, smart and funny, but i sometimes think its a tad intruding to be stopped in the street and asked such a personal thing. I concluded by sending him some buddist, hindu and islamic verses.... It may have confused him, but i was trying to show him that you cannot just change someone without the experience.....

Life is the experience.

I believe in harmonic energy, in the sense of light waves, gravity, sound, probability, vibrations and energy. I am not a mathematician, although i tend to believe people are affected by sound, and as a musician i am eager to learn more about how mood is affected by sound, or more precisely how vibrations and tones and pitch can cause an electro-chemical reaction inside an organc person, how some songs can lift you beyond your worries and pains and how some songs can send you back to a distant memory.

In another way of trying to explain myself, i believe energy can be static-ised and can travel with the wind. If say a terrible event has occured, i believe some energy is leaked into the atmosphere..... This is how i explain ghosts. Some essence of the soul maybe?

On the other side of the coin, good vibrations can occur and effectively remove the bad static. Festivals and parties and fun events tend to raise your vibrational state and it is infectious. Smiles are contagious

I think in essence, we are all receivers and transmitters of energy and sound and thought and light, we have to choose to light up the area around us or choose to hide in the shadows.....

The question is.... who is judging?

One Love

Mr - Lizard

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I actually adore he simplicity and openness of this question

I am a Pagan who follows the goddess Isis. Her magic and love and beauty have touched me so many times I couldn't fathom counting it.

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe in pattern, meaning, and beauty.

I believe that my limited intellect will never be able to perceive the Truth, but that's not a reason to stop exploring it.

And like fooffstar said, I believe in people.

[edit on 3/16/2009 by americandingbat]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join