It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't believe in God Buddha or Allah what do you believe in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just wondering, God would be the Christian one. I know there a lot of different believes out there, Just want an eye opener for me and all here on Ats

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Myself.

As a part of everything.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe in two, a Goddess and a God.

I am a pagan.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The belief in what you can see and feel, every day..

Mother nature, and the energies in and around us.

Cute question, what about you OP?

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 12-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It is my understanding that the Jews, Christians and Muslims believe in the same god. It is Islams view that the Jews lost their way and no longer follow the book, Christians are blasphemers for accepting Christ as an "extension" of god and not just a prophet.

I like the concept of "god" that is expressed in the ancient 'Tao Te Ching.' This "religion" views an intangible and amorphous concept of "god" that defies logic and secular understanding. There are no superhuman entities, no chosen people, no military history, and little social trappings.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
I like the concept of "god" that is expressed in the ancient 'Tao Te Ching.' This "religion" views an intangible and amorphous concept of "god" that defies logic and secular understanding. There are no superhuman entities, no chosen people, no military history, and little social trappings.

Pantheism and Taoism have some similarities. Both look at the inherent energy in everything as "God" or Tao. This natural energy flows/occupies everything. It's also easier to comprehend for more scientific minds, being Einstein could be considered a Pantheist.

Personally I like reading about Taoism, Pantheism, and Ch'an/Zen Buddhism. Don't forget that most Buddhists don't look at Buddha as a "God," but more like a child playing basketball would look at Michael Jordan. Only with regards to inner enlightenment rather than basketball

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Life, love, energy and the Mother Earth.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
When I was agnostic, I didn't believe in anything appart from Newtonian science.

Now I'm a spiritualist, I sort of believe in a creator, a devine energy. But this energy is not any sort of God who needs to be worshipped, the best thing you can do for the creator (IMO) is live a happy fun life. And I only had this change in belief because i opened myself up to it. If that makes any sense.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A little corny at first, but it's what I believe in...

www.podtrac.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm a hedonist. I surround myself with Christian. According to them, I'm a Christian. I am a spirit, I have a soul, and I live in a body. My body carries my soul and spirit around and when I die I hope my spirit and soul go on and increase in knowledge and see Heaven. Evidently I have to die to see Heaven. I hope I'm not restricted to this plane and haunting the people who live in it. I think I will have drink and talk to you guys later.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If your thread wasn't near the top of the current posts list,
i wouldn't have sought it out to answer....

i gravitate toward being Pagan...
i too enjoy hedonism as that embraces joy/pleasure/ecstacy here on earth
(rather than a 'promise' of such after life has passed from you, i.e. 'reward')

Experience... emotions, joy, pain, youth-&-old age are are part of one's
single life experience, whether your lifetime of experiences includes one/several/many/none life partners, its whatever you make of your journey.

Mother Nature, is the myth & essence of this realm/dimension/world...
& Nature is not a God or Goddess... but is merely a force 'bigger' than oneself..
and Mother Nature does not care if you serve idols or other gods like Allah, Buddah, Christ, YHWH .... etc.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
Galileo Galilei

human beings posess a particularly monstrous subconscious, but we arent able to connect with it because of our lifestyles.

just like how a wall isnt really solid because its composed of atoms which are not ... but we are still trained/programmed/institutionalized etc, to recognize the wall as solid

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't believe in any supposed supernatural thing/power.

One thing that separates me from the religious, is that I won't kill anyone for having make-believe friends. Whereas some of those with make-believe friends would gladly kill me for not believing in their make-believe friends. The same make-believe friends who supposedly promote peace on Earth, blah, blah, blah.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I believe in humanity.

I believe that the majority of people are inherently good, and that the world will become a better place once people start focusing on this life and not the next.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I believe I will have another beer!

But seriously, I am going to go get one! :-)

Putting labels on ourselves seems to only make us hate each other.

I am human. You are too.

At this point in my journey, that is the name of my religion.

God............not a person but a personification.

My country is the world and my religion is to do good....... Thomas Paine was a smart man (IMO).

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am an Atheist so I don't subscribe to any faith based systems including Global Warming . Really this thread just shows how the idea of god or gods exists no where but in peoples minds if I may be so blunt . But hey if people want to think otherwise that is there choice and providing they don't discriminate against anyone or try to force there beliefs upon others then they are free believe what ever they wish .

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you don't believe in God Buddha or Allah what do you believe in

I believe there is some kind of intelligent, guiding force behind creation. Whether it is a deity of some sort, or just the summation of human consciousness, I just believe there is something behind everything...it seems too ordered to have just happened by chance....

I think organized religion is just man's attempt to label it, just as we try to label and explain everything in existence... When we don't know, we theorize, and that's precisely what I feel organized religion is...different theories about creation.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
What do I believe? Now there is a great question.

I believe in humanity although I must admit, I am starting to lose faith....

I believe there is something out there after I die. What, I do not know but I do believe there is something.

I believe that somehow we are all a part of that thing and that there is not one super being that controls us all. I believe that somehow we ARE everything , we ARE nothing. I believe that in a sense we are all one in the same.

I believe that human kind might cease to exsist if we continue on the path we are on.

I believe that people are still basically good.

I believe that animals are much smarter than we know.

I believe we are not alone in this universe.

I believe George Bush was one of the worst presidents ever.

I believe as an independent that Obama has not really done too much so far, good bad or other wise so I am nuetral about him.

I believe that one day people will stop fighting and get along

I believe that one day people will understand the phrase "all men are created equal" includes all people not just a certain group and that phrase does note exclude anyone.

I believe in children

I believe in my family

I believe in you

I believe in me

I believe everything will be ok one day

I believe in believing.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I believe in ACHLYS and I posted about Her HERE!.

Personal Disclosure: Starred and Flagged! [I asked the same question at the end of my post on Achlys!]. and well done!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Edited to remove double posting. Grrrr [3rd time today WTF! :shk:]

Personal Disclosure: Sorry about that.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by OmegaLogos]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join