It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobbins [Air Reserve Base] Security Threat Closes Hwy. 41

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Zoinks! WTH is going on?
Would they even tell us if it was serious? No.

I'll dig around too, jhill.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yea, this even hasn't made mainstream news, just local. Granted, it might take some time, but Britney Spears makes a comeback isn't exactly breaking news, like this should be.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Highground

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Surveillance at the Base Entrance should have recorded the Events leading up to the Vehicle Abandonment. All NON DOD Vehicles/Personnel have to consent to searches before making their way on Post, so I have no idea if this vehicle was simply left there, or if Base Security found the Package during their sweep.

Not true. Non-DOD personnel just have to get a waiver to be on base. They have to consent if the FPCON is high enough, but normally at Dobbins, anyone can get in with a valid DL, Registration, and proof of insurance. I guess it might partly be due to the fact it's an Air Reserve Base, not a standard AFB.

My guess, however, is that it was abandoned and one of the guards came up and checked it out. I hope this doesn't affect the FPCON of the base, I have a drill coming up soon.

Yep, a DL and registration will get you a 24 hour pass. All vehicles are subject to random screenings though.

Why would the FPCON affect your drill?

Yeah, I'm saying I've never seen the "random search" exercised at Dobbins. They generally just wave you through or tell you to go get a pass. Then they wave you through. They don't even have the enclosures to pull the vehicles into to conduct a search.

It wouldn't affect my drill, it would affect me getting in and out of the base easily for my drill
. It's always packed on the weekends (since it's a Reserve Base) and FPCON Charlie, for instance, would mean a really long freakin wait. Just more of a side comment than anything.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join