It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico Claims US Government also Corrupt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Mexican president Felipe Calderon said that he blames U.S. "corruption" for hampering his nation's efforts to combat violent drug cartels.

"Drug trafficking in the United States is fueled by the phenomenon of corruption on the part of the American authorities," he said.

Calderon also told the media that the main cause of Mexico's drug gang problems was "having the world's biggest consumer (of drugs) next to us."

Corruption on both sides of the U.S. Mexican border runs deep and can be found in the highest levels of both the Mexican government as well as the U.S.

A high ranking member of the Caldron administration who will remain unknown said, "there is corruption in regards to Narco trafficking in both governments and when there is unlimited cash available that cash finds its way to the powers to be and has no borders when it comes to influence."

With an estimated yearly income worldwide of over $300 billion in illegal drug sells, no wonder with that amount of cash it allows for an enormous amount of that cash to be distributed and liberally passed around to make things happen.

www.rightsidenews.com...

If it wasn't for this being true, I would say that these were fighting words.

How is it that so many illegal drugs get into the US and hit the streets when the US has some of the best law enforcement in the world and most of the best technology to prevent so many drugs from entering?

Why is it that police department and cities are allowed to profit off this illegal business? Just think of all the cops, mayors, lawyers ect. who get a piece of the pie legally.

Drug raids help enrich New York police departments

www.buffalonews.com...

Every year, about $12 billion in drug profits returns to Mexico from the world's largest narcotics market — the United States. As a tactic in the war on drugs, law enforcement pursues that drug money and is then allowed to keep a portion as an incentive to fight crime.

www.npr.org...

Why do law enforcement need an incentive to do their job?

Many people are profiting off this business because corruption from both countries are allowing this business to flourish. To be honest, as an American I don't like what Calderon said, but we all know hat the truth hurts.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
haha finally a government admits it

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I thought this was an interesting read - is this the way they will make everything OK between us? The corruption runs so deep - this would be a way to avoid pointing fingers - It spells disaster for us here in California.

Posted: Friday, March 06, 2009

Obama Appointee Wants California Given to Mexico?

Civil Rights: The open-borders crowd eagerly awaits the nomination of one of its own to a key Justice Department post, a man who has dedicated his life to promoting illegal immigrant ""rights."" President Obama is expected to appoint Thomas Saenz as the nation's top civil-rights enforcer. It's a key appointment because Obama has promised to ""reinvigorate"" the division Saenz will lead. And the Civil Rights Division carries a wide-ranging portfolio, covering everything from hate crimes and police misconduct to voting rights and redistricting laws.

www.firecoalition.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Now I want to hear someone in the upper echelon of the U.S. government to own up and tell the truth..... I am sure that there are people that post on this site, that know a lot about this and can even name people in law enforcement and the judicial system here in the U.S., but value their lives and choose to remain silent..... I know that I have heard things from people that would know for numerous years.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I also wish people would step up and admit the corruption within the US.

Just about everyday you hear or read stories like this one about cops, custom, or border patrol guards being corrupt. It really wouldn't be far fetch to believe that our own law enforcement officials are capable of being corrupt, especially when there is a lot of money to be made and power to be gained.

Duffel bags stuffed with coc aine were delivered by plane to a suburban airport in the U.S. state of Illinois while two sheriff's officers provided security.

A police officer stood by to guard the cash and keep out the riffraff at a poker game where $100,000 changed hands.

And a drug dealer was told squad cars marked "sheriff" and "sheriff's police" might be available on a "freelance" basis to provide protection for his deliveries.

Such tales of law enforcement gone awry emerged in court papers Tuesday as U.S. federal prosecutors unveiled a series of elaborate sting operations aimed at officers hired out to ride shotgun for drug deals and other criminal activities.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please. This country is spectacularly corrupt. We just got fleeced for 410 billion dollars, and Congress is ALREADY going back for another round. I picture the Federal Government as a schoolyard bully, holding the entire country upside down by the ankles, and shaking it so everything falls out of its pockets. The corruption in Mexico is small potatoes. Forget kickbacks from drug cartels- the US Govt. is straight-up shaking its citizens down for every dime they can get right now. And most of the country is smiling and asking for more!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

This country is spectacularly corrupt.

That my friend is what Congress considers legal corruption because it is written into the law first and then shared among their buddies.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Calling the US corrupt at this point is like a weatherman saying a hurricane is breezy.

The thing I have to wonder is if a foreign president says it, how bad does it have to be for real? At this point I'm hoping it all stays together so the nation doesn't get buried in all of the skeletons in Washington's closet.

Also, maybe this is just a sign of whats to come as other nations try to throw the blame on someone and choose a country to go to war with to bring their economies back up. "Hey, they are corrupt and they got us into this mess, let's get them!" Sadly we may get to experience first hand what its like to be the country to be invaded if this is the case.

new topics

top topics

join