It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection.... Help!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am going to make this simple and quick. I have been a long time advocate of ATS but just joined. I have been doing extensive research on Astral Projection and I believe that I have been close, but I can't quite get there. I know that there are people who are adept to this and can get out at will, and I know it's a lot easier to do once you have done it.

I have many things that I want to accomplish on the Astral Planes and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can help get me out. I read another thread from awhile back where somebody did do this for another member, and I would be forever thankful if you can help me as well. 100% confidential.

If somebody is reading this and can help me out, please contact me through U2U. Thanks!

Removed All Caps from title

[edit on 12/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've been trying for years and never really gotten it to work either...?

Either that or I have and it isn't all it's cracked up to be.

If you get a result let us know.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Mod note

Removed suggestion to use mind altering drug [illicit in some jurisdictions).

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

Actually I've heard that is pretty good, persisting with AP almost seems pointless when you can induce it artificially.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Absolutely, I will keep you updated on how it's going. I have been trying to find free binaural beats on the internet to help me out, but the good ones you have to buy. I think i might just suck it up and buy some and see how they work. Have you tried that yet?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Batti2016

Batti: I have performed Astral Projection numerous times. They Key to it is simple: Discipline. Astral Projection is NOT for dabblers. Practice techniques every night for a week. If you can make it thru a week, then try a month. By the end of your 30 day experiment, you should have success.

Here are some techniques:

1) practice meditation and deep breathing before bed.

2) As you drift asleep focus on a particular object in another room. focus on the objects color and texture. Try to keep your mind from drifting to other thoughts (this is challenging)

3) When you feel your body start to go into paralysis, do not panic, it is the onset of astral projection. A panic type reaction will focus your awareness on your real body here in the physical world and you will re-gain consciousness immediately. Focus on the object in the other room and attempt to go there as you drift asleep.

4) Fall asleep on the couch. Our brains are trained for us to have unconscious sleep in we are in our bed. Sleeping on the couch allows your mind to stay focused while you sleep.

5) You may hear loud rushing, or buzzing noises as you exit your body. You may even feel an electrical field around you. This is natural, and is a good sign you are on your way to projection.

6) Most importantly: Upon exiting your body, focus your thoughts on clarity of awareness. (for ex: yell out "Clarity now!") This will keep your mind from creating a dream experience out of the astral travel and keep you locked in to real time events.

7) Keep a journal of everything you see during your projections. Try observing something documentable during your travels. This will help you to determine if the experience was real.

Hope this helps. Have fun.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I guess I have done it then. That all seems pretty familiar.

What a waste of time, I can just get up and go and look at something in the next room, I'll stick to lucid dreaming.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This may be the wrong time, but just to ask, what is the point of astral projection? What is it exactly?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Batti2016
Absolutely, I will keep you updated on how it's going. I have been trying to find free binaural beats on the internet to help me out, but the good ones you have to buy. I think i might just suck it up and buy some and see how they work. Have you tried that yet?

do a torrent search for "hemi-sync" and "brainwave mind voyages" - both pretty good.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
also, lay on your back with your head pointing North (long story - has to do with the earth's magnetoshpere.)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ive almost reached the point of an OBE (Out of body experience) the 1 problem is my breathing o well im gonna have to work on that anyway ive only done Astral Projection once and still be able to remember

i was on a yellow brick road there was blue sky the grass was green so were the trees
i also have dont it a few more times were i cant remember but how i know i did it was because the reentry to the body it feels like bouncing on a trampoline well more like smashing into it from 50 ft in the air

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde
I guess I have done it then. That all seems pretty familiar.

What a waste of time, I can just get up and go and look at something in the next room, I'll stick to lucid dreaming.

LOL!

Don't take it like that, if you are able to do it, then don't let go, haven't you realized that you are not limited to your home and can go somewhere else? mostly everywhere.

I would also add to the above list, once you start feeling sleep paralysis, don't try to move, stay calm and open your eyes, if you are not taken out of the game then, it can be easier to keep the projection, you are conscious at that moment and know what's going on, without moving too much, look around, after a little while, if you try to raise, you should be able to do it, in astral form

Not everyone can do this easily or at all, it depends on how you feel and how much believe it can actually be done, and then there are a few people who don't even believe in it but still can do it, go figure

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Astral Projection is at least the ability to allow your mind and consciousness to leave your body, you can explore your surroundings and go anywhere you want, you CANNOT however take over someone elses body, nor die if you panic or travel too far, the most that can happen is that you snap back into your own body and awake with a start.
The best thing about AP'ing is that you realise Death isn't all its cracked up to be and then you wonder why people are so afraid of it..
Everytime you dream you are 'travelling' but the difference between AP'ing and Lucid Dreaming is that in LD you control your dreams to a certain extent , but your dreams are like a gameshow on TV, you are a participent with your own choices to make, but the gameshow is still in control, AP'ing is like turning off your TV and walking around your home watching people and events in real life.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I try this , and I've only been close once.
I used the rope technique until I felt physically exhausted, I was sweating too, which was weird. Then it felt like I was vibrating on the inside and a sudden massive pressure formed on my face, like someone was standing on it. The paralysis then kicked in, but I didn't get any further

I'm gonna try it again tonight

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Hey man, if you click in my signature you'll see "MY ASTRAL PROJECTION GUIDE" or something.

Its a podcast, about a 20 minute mp3 where I talk about the way "I" do it. There are many ways. I talk about my technique. The other techniques have never worked for me really, not yet anyway but i haven't tried in a while. I started projecting like last april and i had couple more some months later but around the year it started to really pick up as I tought myself more and more how to do it. I've probably projected 20 since i started, maybe more, but i'm including the multiple projections i had in the same sitting too.

If you know to do it, then honestly its a matter of really really WANTING and BELIEVING you can, in my opinion.. if i have an attitude like "well i'd like to project but i don't care".. it won't happen... or "I want to project!"... it still won't happen..but when my attitude is "i HAVE sleep paralysis, i HAVE sleep paralysis".. as in present tense...then i wake up with sleep paralysis if enough intent is there and then i project from that state.

My podcast i talk about this, and the podcast reply to it, 30 minutes long.. i talk about some other projection stuff.

You'll get it man, don't worry. I was the same and i've seen it in others. If you really really want it to happen, you will... you'll either aquire the right knowledge or thought process to make it happen or enough intent will just make it happen in the middle of the night. My first experience was like that and i was on one of the higher levels where I had no voice / could teleport. I was like a ball of energy.. .pretty cool. But that just happened in the middle of sleep and it was scary as i dealt with slipping in and out of sleep paralysis.. it felt like i was dieing or something... But yeah the first couple of times can be confusing but once you make it past that, it will be easy... just like .. walking.. you know? And you'll have the confidence and seriousness to keep doing it consistently.

But yeah, good luck, you'll get it eventually.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Here are some pointers ( I put some up in the resources section a while ago!)
biogenesislab.blogspot.com...
www.xtrememind.com...
lucidquest.com...
www.buddhanet.net...
www.brainsession.da.ru...
www.pbs.org...
gnomad.info...
www.obejournal.com...
uazu.net...
vhypno.sourceforge.net...
www.thethoughts.co.uk...
www.jetcityorange.com...

Have a look at the last 2 links for explanations to the technology.
Now, I'm not saying they do as they say they do. I've not had OBE's.
But Monroe and his institute existed for a reason. if you go here >users.telenet.be...< you could read up on some of the literature, but I am arguing in any way for ,or against what is said by anyone in relation to OBe's! Personally I like to test the water before I get in.
Although I've sort of wanted to astral travel for many years, I think a deep down fear remains.
I have used many of the links and used mp3s, with earphones and had/felt some effect (from a meditation, calmer mind kind of view). I can say that I like the gnomad stuff is effective yet you need time to do so.
I looked into using the I-doser program. I did try it, you can convert the doses from their proprietary state to Mp3. All sorts to choose from too [snip].

Well, try something out and keep us posted.
It seems like those who accomplish this Astral travel say the usual that people say - "it's easy when you know how", that kind of thing. Maybe it is and it's just our will and fear restraining us.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by matsplat]

Removed reference to substance illicit in some jurisdictions

Please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use:

2e.i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by matsplat

Removed reference to substance illicit in some jurisdictions

Please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use:

2e.i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Wait... so we can't talk about I-doser? I'm confused here...

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In my opinion, Robert Bruce's book Astral Dynamics has the best method for training for an astral projection.

His website also has a lot of the information that is in his books. www.astraldynamics.com

I never had much luck with binaural beats. They aren't bad if I want to fall asleep quicker, but that's about they helped with... for me at least. The key thing is practice. Try not to think it has to happen quickly or you will get discouraged very soon unless you have a natural talent for it. Try raising your internal energy levels(I've found the easiest way is the New Energy Ways from Robert Bruce New Energy Ways).

Another tip is to remain calm when you reach sleep paralysis. It's so easy to freak out and get scared when that happens and it can often make it harder to get to that point again.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Naps man.. NAPS...

if you're super tired and need to take a nap.. go lie on your bed, on your back if you can.. i've done it on my stomach and dgkdjfgkfdgfd for some reason its just hard.

Lie on your back... fall asleep (if you're tired enough)... and tell yourself "I have sleep paralysis".. and really mean it, really want it. It works for me if i am serious enough. I did it today actually.

It works.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
Naps man.. NAPS...

if you're super tired and need to take a nap.. go lie on your bed, on your back if you can.. i've done it on my stomach and dgkdjfgkfdgfd for some reason its just hard.

Lie on your back... fall asleep (if you're tired enough)... and tell yourself "I have sleep paralysis".. and really mean it, really want it. It works for me if i am serious enough. I did it today actually.

It works.

Good call. Forgot about naps... Naps rule for AP. For a while, every time I took a nap I would at least get to the sleep paralysis stage and often further than that. Another thing that is similar but works pretty well is to break up your sleep into 2 parts. Sleep for 4 hours or so, get up and do something for an hour, then go back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. It makes the second part of your sleep similar to a nap. I haven't had as much luck with that method, but it's better than nothing since I don't have time for many naps these days. Plus it seems to be better sleep for me. Going a full 7-8 hours straight leaves me drowsy for most of the day a lot of the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join