It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example of what law abiding, recreational gun owners are up against..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The arsenal in accused gunman Terry Sedlacek's room included two 12-gauge shotguns, a rifle and a box of 550 .22-caliber bullets

www.foxnews.com...

I suspect that the "journalist" that wrote this article probably doesn't support the 2nd amendment.

Or do I just not understand the meaning of "arsenal"?

[edit on 3/11/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Some nanny mother journalist. That sure is an impressive arsenal.. a total of three guns, wow. I would think an "arsenal" of guns shouldn't be any less than twenty.

Expect to see an overwhelming number of "lone gunmen" reports as they slowly attempt to strip away our right to bear arms against them.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The media and gun grabbers alike see 1 gun as unnecessary and it's owner mentally unstable. 2 guns as an arsenal warranting police surveillance and an ankle tracking device and if you have 3 guns you're a rogue nation hellbent on the destruction on the universe.

I think I had a .22 and a couple of shotguns by the time I was in middle school along with just about every kid I knew my age in school.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's funny how the media tries to make a big deal out of a couple guns and a box of ammunition. It would be beyond comprehension for a newspaper writer if they discovered how many different types of guns and ammunition are in the "arsenals" of some of the guys I know. Their heads would likely explode.

Having guns does not imply intent to use them wrongly. I just don't understand why the media constantly tries to make this ridiculous connection.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
if 550 bullets of .22 is an "arsenal" i'd hate to see what they think of my "collection" haha

550 .22 bullets is what 40 bucks ??

people make me laugh. he had the two most common guns in the world, two shotguns and a .22

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My collection would have me on a red list, and two ankles tracked.
What the heck are we up against here?
Im sure many gun owners in our country arent aware of this news article.
I wonder if this guy is an n.r.a. member and if he has written his congressman.
On second thought, the congressman may rat him out to more higher ups and get him in deeper poo.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The media and gun grabbers alike see 1 gun as unnecessary and it's owner mentally unstable.

I don't believe that and I voted for Barack Obama. That's just an alarmist statement you have made with no facts, only paranoic emotion. Nothing personal...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonwilson

Having guns does not imply intent to use them wrongly. I just don't understand why the media constantly tries to make this ridiculous connection.

There is a lot of media. Here you are taking the words of one dumbass reporter and applying them to everyone in the media. I noticed it was a Faux News reporter.

I might make a new sig:

I voted for Barack Obama and I don't want your guns.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Im gonna go out on a limb, and say taking every weapon on the premise of intent, would compare to jailing all men on the premise they have a penis.
They might rape someone.
Or revoke the drivers lisence of anyone over 21
They may drink and drive.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That is ridiculous!!!! My god what would they think of my father and uncles, they make their own shotgun shells for crying out loud. My dad has at least 5 shotguns, several pistols and some assault rifles. An arsenal is about the biggest exaggeration I have heard in a long time for a couple shotguns and of all things a .22 rifle and ammo.

I voted for Obama too and have no desire to disarm the nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Nothing personal, but you should watch the news sometimes and you will find this statement to be true.

2nd line

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

actually, it wasn't written by a Fox reporter.

it is an Associated Press reporter as noted under the title. I just happend to find it on the Fox web site. That means this story is being used by any organization that gets their stories from Associated Press and any number of people are seeing this characterization potentially world wide.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Law abiding, recreational gun owners? Really?

Sedlacek is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery

From your linked article. Did you even read it? What's law abiding about shooting up a church? Is that considered "recreational"?

I own my share of guns, so I have no issue with owning them, but seriously, if you're going to make a thread about injustices against "law abiding" gun owners, don't you think your article should be about one?

Sorry, but I have to file this one under "epic fail".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I think I'm going to coin the term "Wal-Mart Arsenal" to that list, two 12ga's and a 22 lol. Either the reporter isn't a firearm advocate, is ignorant of firearms or is just trying to "sensationalize" the weaponry.

In the region where I live in most kids have at least one of the above (most have probably more than that) growing up.

I still think it's a very interesting realm of discussion in regards to the influence the Civil War had on the southern states with many children still growing up around firearms in the house.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When I was growing up, if you did not have a twelve gauge shotgun and a twenty two rifle by your fifteenth birthday, people would start to wonder what your problem was.

To call two shotguns and a rifle an arsenal is sensationalism and it exposes the bias of the media.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Law abiding, recreational gun owners? Really?

Sedlacek is charged with first-degree murder and aggravated battery

From your linked article. Did you even read it? What's law abiding about shooting up a church? Is that considered "recreational"?

I own my share of guns, so I have no issue with owning them, but seriously, if you're going to make a thread about injustices against "law abiding" gun owners, don't you think your article should be about one?

Sorry, but I have to file this one under "epic fail".

sorry, but I'm going to have to file this response and your reading comprehension under "epic fail".

the injustice, your word, is in 2 shotguns and 1 rifle being called an "arsenal".

the post is simply a reference to 2 shotguns and 1 rifle being called an "arsenal", as you can plainly see by the last line of my initial post.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by LiveFreeOrDie..]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If that is an aresenal, then most people I know would be classified as an armory!
Stupid liberal reporter!
And newspapers wonder why they're tanking? I certainly don't!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The media and gun grabbers alike see 1 gun as unnecessary and it's owner mentally unstable.

I don't believe that and I voted for Barack Obama. That's just an alarmist statement you have made with no facts, only paranoic emotion. Nothing personal...

What?

What does anything you said have to do with anything I said?

Where's "Obama" where's "Obama voters" where's the "alarmist statement?" Where's "stikkinikki believes such and such."

Nothing personal.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Geees, I hope they don't show up at my house! My neighbor, who is a city cop here, tells me if they ever need some heavy firepower they are going to ask me to loan mine!
I keep most of the ammo needed for the club in my safes and thats a lot of ammo!! I guess I'll be written up as a 'one man army'!!! That guy is being demonised by a complete idiot 'journalista'!!
Zindo

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here's a good one from slave state Mass.

Sensationalist headline:

State Police find arsenal after routine traffic stop

The "arsenal" consisted of 2 guns:

State Police allegedly found a rifle, a shotgun, brass knuckles, knives, several high-capacity ammunition magazines, and numerous rounds of ammunition in the car of a young Connecticut man who was stopped early this morning on Interstate 495 for a traffic violation.

Boston Globe 2-gun "Arsenal"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join