posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 04:45 AM
Yes, the writer of the article is trying to scare people. That is how cold war works. Politicians and the journalists that support them try to
persuade citizens to voluntarily give up. It is important to know who is behind the Media. They know they can not win an all out hot war and so they
simply try to incrementally win a cold war generation by generation. There are only 5 generations on the planet at any one time. The youngest infant
one is useless as are the older two grand and great grandparents, which leaves the father and son to hold down the fort. If a grand parent is able
then you can have 3 generations active. It is a precarious balance at all times. It always has been. It always will be.
To say "I don't want your guns" is to imply that the speaker is not interested in guns and also is not interested in you having your guns either.
It is a word trick. They mean they don't want your guns and they don't want you to want your guns and they will eliminate guns if they can,
generation by generation, as they work to change the thoughts of the youngest generations.
I know grown men that do not want guns and will argue all day that nobody should have a gun. They are grown men begging to be dominated. Their mental
disability actually manifests in a desire to drag others down also. It is the mindset of a loser that wants company. It is to be avoided at all
As for the word "arsenal" the dictionary I looked at said an arsenal is "a collection of weapons". So, indeed two or more guns, or one gun and a
knife, constitutes an arsenal. Also, in your kitchen silverware drawer you have an arsenal of weapons. The neighborhood construction site is a massive
arsenal of hammers, saws, shovels and nail guns. The fact is that most people are impressed by the word and it definitely carries a negative
connotation in the mind of anti-gunners the world over.
Now, on to the AP article! OMG! Did you actually read it?
Get a load of these facts....
1. The nutter scheduled the shooting in his planner and left a last will on an index card.
2. Apparently the guy left the .22 rifle and 12 gauge shotguns at home as he preferred the easy carry and proven stopping power of his .45 caliber
handgun and 3 magazines.
3. His Glock .45 jammed after only 4 rounds fired. Glock. 45. Jammed.
4. Only 1 round struck the preacher. 25% success rate, but the writer of the article forces the issue of "perhaps" 30 people potentially being
killed by this lone gunman with 3 magazines and reckless abandon. 150 people were present. Nobody returned fire.
5. The crazy guy was jumped by 2 free men with active will, at which time the perp used a knife to "allegedly" wound the 2 men and then... and
then.... stab himself in the throat! Nobody knows for certain if the two heroes were wounded. It is simply "alledged".
6. I think the AP writer, who remains unidentified, was simply throwing in a liberal dose of wild words for effect. What a goofball.
7. The shooter/stabber was the type of criminal that would use any weapon available. If a gun was not handy, he would choose a knife. If a knife was
not available he would probably use a baseball bat. If the sporting goods store was closed he would most likely grab a stick or a stone.
8. There are 6 billion people on Earth. This happens every day. The Media selects what story to run each day. You can run a shooting story every day
if you want. You can run a stabbing, a fist fight, a rape, a birth or a sports score every single day of the year. It is cold war Media style.
That is all.
I just had to rant.
I need 25 posts so I can see my super excellent avatar. I hope you enjoyed it.
[edit on 23-3-2009 by THX-1138]