It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.
Stop listening to all those Doom and Gloom People and cease the opportunity in front of you to make some Money. How many doom and gloom predictions made here on ATS ever came true and why should it be different for this one?
The rapidity with which the stock market will recover will stun many. Share prices are still at a bargain so just buy as much as you can and watch it all grow and make huge capital gains.

Don’t waste your money stockpiling on Food and ammunition…the dream of doom is not going to come true for some here. Citigroup announcement is just the beginning and many more will come.

For all those that don’t believe me will only see everything unfold before them and curse themselves for all the missed opportunity.

So people please forget about all the Doom thing( will never ever happen) and cease the opportunity NOW.

This message brought to you by [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7706e48cd4ca.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
I'm under the impression that the global meltdown hasn't really 'kicked in'. Sure the rock has been thrown in the pond and we've all read about the splash, it's a case of just waiting for the waves and ripples to hit us now.

Also, I'm not entirely sure that property investments and such are the way to get us out of this kind of mess. I think it was the way property has been dealt with over the last couple of decades that's been partly the thing that got us into this mess in the first place.

I understand that this primarily a 'capitalist' society (or at least capitalist of sorts) and that profit is to be made with anything but, at the same time, housing/shelter is a fundamental human need. Yet, the drive to make money from this particular market has made it increasingly difficult for many people to secure such a basic need.

Real estate will always be a valuable asset. Relinquishing control of real property even in these times is an easy way to go broke.

There's nothing wrong with real estate. It's just that when an economic meltdown is executed according to plan, people happen to get burned

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
HMMM... It maybe over for you but my company is looking at bankruptcy(GM). If it goes every union job affects 7 nonunion jobs in the area. Since GM employs 3 million people, it will effect 21 million.

Please tell me how im can prosper in that market?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HooHaa
HMMM... It maybe over for you but my company is looking at bankruptcy(GM). If it goes every union job affects 7 nonunion jobs in the area. Since GM employs 3 million people, it will effect 21 million.

Please tell me how im can prosper in that market?

I've said a prayer for you, the company, those facing job loss and those who have lost their jobs already. My father works for a GM company currently and I can see the worry there as well. He's a good man, always works hard, honest, full of integrity and a loyal American. When we've done all we can, we can still pray.

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:3-6

[edit on 11-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.
Stop listening to all those Doom and Gloom People and cease the opportunity in front of you to make some Money. How many doom and gloom predictions made here on ATS ever came true and why should it be different for this one?
The rapidity with which the stock market will recover will stun many. Share prices are still at a bargain so just buy as much as you can and watch it all grow and make huge capital gains.

Don’t waste your money stockpiling on Food and ammunition…the dream of doom is not going to come true for some here. Citigroup announcement is just the beginning and many more will come.

For all those that don’t believe me will only see everything unfold before them and curse themselves for all the missed opportunity.

So people please forget about all the Doom thing( will never ever happen) and cease the opportunity NOW.

Apparently, you probably haven't taken a look a Gerald Celente at trends research... Citigroup is trying to cover-up their losses.

In my town, we have a citibank and some of the eating places that take checks have stopped doing business with citibank.

Bad News- This is going deeper and you haven't seen nothing yet!
Good News- I have no doubt on that we will survive martial law and defeat, destroy, and replace the New World Order with a government that takes the U.S. Constitution and makes it do "weight-training" to make it even more powerful to the point that corporate interests can't override it unless the citizens really want it. Besides, we have Chuck Norris!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Did you know that money were created when the Universe was created ? They are a form of energy and cannot disapear or be created out of nothing, they just transform. You go ahead and try to get some. I'll play God and create some

My plan is to get people to ask : "so where do money come from ? who creates them ? why do some have power to create money ? who are they ? how did they get this power ? who allowed them to keep this power ? who watches them to make sure they use this power for the people ?"

But most are happy with the first explanation. Money just "are". "Money creation" = conspiracy theory.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by pai mei]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Not Authorized
reply to post by tide88

Uptick rule does absolutely nothing as it won't prevent the market from declining. You buy yourself maybe a few seconds time in a computerized world with high volume stock. A minute or two for low volume stock.

If you ever watched a live ticker (not yahoo or charts), you'll see orders scrolling up/down ticks -- especially for stock having high volume. I've counted at least 20 upticks/downticks the past minute with C from 1.49 to 1.50 alone.

Shorting isn't the problem. Financial stocks dropped plenty with short selling banned on them. What drives down prices is when there is no bid for that price. There's no fix for that other than people investing their money.

It's just more fluff trying to instill confidence in a market that has no confidence -- and why should they? The real confidence (ie, the company is actually WORTH that much without financial games) has not been addressed.

Maybe it wouldnt be much difference for the average investor but it would prevent hedge funds from pushing the stocks down by shorting, shorting, and shorting the stock again.

The uptick rule was in place to stabilize the marketplace, its job to keep the market from going into a downward, out of control spiral. It was also designed to prevent unscrupulous hedge fund guys from “pushing” the stock down by shorting, shorting, and shorting again. The uptick rule played an important role in warding off volatility in the financial markets.

Then everything changed when the SEC decided to throw the uptick rule out the window. On July 6, 2007 the uptick rule went by the wayside. Since then we have seen more volatility in the stock market. The average point spread between the S&P 500’s daily high and low was 11.12 points in 2006 and 17.29 points in 2007. The point spread was 33.13 for the first month of 2008 alone

I think it would of helped the financial stocks quite a bit. uptick rule leveling playing field

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by guinnessford

No, I believed you, I just thought it was really funny to mention it at this time. I was actually at a carnival where one of the cages flew off of the "zipper" killing one occupant, and severly maiming the other.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

My my, you are pretty optimistic for a one day rally.

There is NO indication that we are in the starting stages of a prolonged recovery, NONE. For a rally to happen there must be solid indications that things have bottomed or at least slowed their descent. All it would take is for GM to declare bankruptcy and your so called "rally" is just a big breath before a cliff dive. The amount of people on the bubble with their jobs and houses are still growing, not shrinking and lending is never going to go back to the way it was, so spending will never be at the levels we have previously seen. The markets haven't corrected themselves to appropriate levels and the government manipulation of this correction isn't helping matters. The stimulus package is not the answer, it's more spending (DEBT), without enough immediate job creation and will be piggybacked by more taxes just as a recovery starts in out 9-16 months. Ask yourself this question: How much Money will the stimuls Bill actually bring to your Family? Really, you should try this.

We are in for a long, tough road ahead. Unless for a war or a major technology breakthrough, things are going to immediately change for the better.

And that's without talking about all the Credit Default Swaps and Derivatives........ those will just make your head hurt.

Sorry to be the bubble burster.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Who is gullible to believe that this is over? How can anyone belive that? Citigroup is advertising big time for new business cause they are BROKE. Whoever started this thread is in for a rude awakening.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
[

In my town, we have a citibank and some of the eating places that take checks have stopped doing business with citibank.

Same here. It was in my local paper that area businesses are pulling out of Citi

[edit on 11-3-2009 by withpride09]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I liken Citigroup's announcement to the infamous 'peace in our time' document that Chamberlain returned to England with after his meeting with Hitler.

I suspect that same whirlwind now that arrived shortly after that declaration of peace..

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's all lies.

Give them more money, everything's going up now, you'll be fine. Yeah right!! Their trying to pump up the markets again and then the Rich will pull out, Crisis is coming, unrest is coming. It's the bankers lining their pockets before it all comes crashing down, MSM plays right into it, I think i'm going to puke, Excuse me.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So many of you don't agree with me...... so be it

US stocks eked out their first back-to-back gains since early February as JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon became the latest to express confidence in his institution's profitability and to downplay nationalisation fears. Sceptics saw signs of weakness in the skittishness of the market, and particularly the banking sector. Indeed, stocks vacillated between the black and the red for much of the session with bank rallies building and waning. Citigroup came off its large rally on Tuesday, closing the session up 9 cents (6%) to $1.54.

Many of you here needs a reality check. It is still going to be a bumpy ride on the stock market. The market will go up and Down but overall it will go up and the opportunity for you is to take advance of this bumpy ride to make profits. We are at a turning point guys. As I said many more good news will come.

Many may say that City Group are cheaters....but the fact is before you..the market reacted.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

if your gonna use the stock market as a measurement of turnaround. The stock market usually has priced in future growth or loss of about 6 to 8 months ahead. So if you are right and the turnaround has occurred in the stock market, theres still 6 to 8 months ahead before the economy catches up.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by withpride09
Who is gullible to believe that this is over? How can anyone belive that? Citigroup is advertising big time for new business cause they are BROKE. Whoever started this thread is in for a rude awakening.

I think it is time for you to wake up and see the facts. The meltdown that so many of you are still waiting for to happen is never going to happen. Certainly there has been radical changes since last year and there will still be bankruptcies. It is the Turning point.....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

Yes you are right there, it might take even a year for the economy to recover.
It is still going to be a bumpy ride.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

Who's waiting for a meltdown? You know all that money made in the last 10 years? IT'S GONE!

Apart from your disregard of apparently everything that has been going on in the past year, I do have to say kudos for being so optimistic.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Knowing that Citi had the fortune of the USTreasury voluntarily converting a massive ammount of their Billion$ in Preferred stocks
into nothing-paying, diluted value common shares... for a total of 39% of the voting shares of Citi (instead of a quarterly payment of 10% on $45bn
in preferred stocks)
Citi [NYSE: C] certainly feels the 'crisis' is over !!!

but, whisper..... her's what i did today....
i took advice that an:
American based corporation,
that has an international presence,
with products which are not easily supplied by a recent upstart,
can reasonably survive the consumer downturn/ credit freeze/

so i sent $165.oo USD to a DRIP account i have with a major chemical corp.
even though they recently cut the quarterly dividend to .15 cents from .42 cents
and the stock is down close to 80%
now....thats having either faith in the company or is a gamblers machismo

but for a piddly $165. i say what-the-hey, that chump change isn't going to make me or break me... we'll see what next investment Quarter brings... or at least before June 27th, the deadline for ex-dividend ownership

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I still can't believe that some of you are still waiting for Martial Law to Happen. It was supposed to have happened since November Last year and till now nothing. Time to Wake up for some you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join