Global Meltdown is Over. Now is time to make Money.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Thanks for bringing that up, I forgot about that rule, that many said it was a mistake to have taken out in the first place.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN...Citibank cures cancer...
Theyve also found the cure for the common cold, the flu, and measles.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rattan1

I just bought shares in a 3x short financials ETF. Good luck if you are long in this market, my guess is you will lose a lot of money if you go long right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is the equivalent to getting sick, or losing a limb on a Disney ride. Hose it down, and get the line moving again.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
This is the equivalent to getting sick, or losing a limb on a Disney ride. Hose it down, and get the line moving again.

Losing a limb on a Disney ride???? I am reeling in laughter from this comment.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Uptick rule does absolutely nothing as it won't prevent the market from declining. You buy yourself maybe a few seconds time in a computerized world with high volume stock. A minute or two for low volume stock.

If you ever watched a live ticker (not yahoo or charts), you'll see orders scrolling up/down ticks -- especially for stock having high volume. I've counted at least 20 upticks/downticks the past minute with C from 1.49 to 1.50 alone.

Shorting isn't the problem. Financial stocks dropped plenty with short selling banned on them. What drives down prices is when there is no bid for that price. There's no fix for that other than people investing their money.

It's just more fluff trying to instill confidence in a market that has no confidence -- and why should they? The real confidence (ie, the company is actually WORTH that much without financial games) has not been addressed.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Happens from time to time.
Not an every day occurence, but it happens!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
blogs.consumerreports.org...
just a few lines down youll find at least one, just to make sure im not making it up....

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I must confess I went long on Monday and will stay long till at least next friday. We were way oversold and due for a bounce. I still think we are going to be flat to down for the next 6 months but I will not hesitate to ride up and bear bounces.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Re: Citibank, if you lop a chicken's head off, it will still run around aimlessly for a while before all the blood spurts out from the severed neck.

Just a thought, seemed appropriate in this context.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am glad that Citi has come out and told us the truth!

Now I can put my money back in the bank, have a garage sale to get rid of all my silly survival stuff and go shopping!

Thank you, Citi ... oh, wait...

BANKERS MANIFESTO

We (the bankers) must proceed with caution and guard every move made, for the lower order of people are already showing signs of restless commotion. Prudence will therefore show a policy of apparently yielding to the popular will until our plans are so far consummated that we can declare our designs without fear of any organized resistance.

circleof13.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
Re: Citibank, if you lop a chicken's head off, it will still run around aimlessly for a while before all the blood spurts out from the severed neck.

Just a thought, seemed appropriate in this context.

Oooh, that's violently graphic. Actually a good analogy, just a bit more than I like to see on my Saturday morning cartoons. Anyway, remember that Jamie Dimon left that place and the leadership at Citi has always suffered since even before the Bank One and First USA mergers with it. If you want to rely on a bank (and I don't like the thought) I'd say go with something that's sustaining and has a long, stable history like J.P. Morgan. Citi and Bank of America are 'out of their league' when dealing with these situations. I've worked at J.P. Morgan and Bank of America in the past and thought I don't like either one, I think JP has the ability to come out a winner for many reasons. Most of it has to do with discretion.

I don't think the "Global Meltdown is Over" but I do believe it can inded "begin to recover with us". The market seems to indicate this isn't bottom nor is anyone really saying this except people who want you to invest. I think there is a bottom however and am interested in any critiques on the details I'd put together here: Proposal of How the Market Rose, Fell, and Will Rise Again

[edit on 11-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

I guess a picture IS worth a thousand words after all. I wish I had the knack at saying so much with so little. Thanks

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Jon Stewart RIPS CNBC Apart !
Great stuff! CNBC deserves this, they always have the answers....ususally the wrong ones!
At some point all the spin of how good things are is just not going to work anymore.

This about sums it up .

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This is BS.
I dont believe Citi made any profits, if it did it was only cause the tax payers paid for this, to appear. The market is like a sponge, up and down, sqeezing the money out to take money from the blinded people who are eating this crap MSM is feeding us. Those that believe this so called news are being mislead to prolong this painful trap we are falling into, step out of the box and wake up.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.
Stop listening to all those Doom and Gloom People and cease the opportunity in front of you to make some Money. How many doom and gloom predictions made here on ATS ever came true and why should it be different for this one?
The rapidity with which the stock market will recover will stun many. Share prices are still at a bargain so just buy as much as you can and watch it all grow and make huge capital gains.

Don’t waste your money stockpiling on Food and ammunition…the dream of doom is not going to come true for some here. Citigroup announcement is just the beginning and many more will come.

For all those that don’t believe me will only see everything unfold before them and curse themselves for all the missed opportunity.

So people please forget about all the Doom thing( will never ever happen) and cease the opportunity NOW.

You sir have been brainwashed by the bad people.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm not going to invest in anything but my own business, the more buffer room I can give it the better if things continue to get worse. Consumer spending is down, unemployment is rising, government spending is rising, taxes will rise to pay for the spending and most importantly I can't afford to tie up my money in something that has a lot of potential downside right now. Not when there is still a good chance of things getting worse. It's enough to have to worry about the dollar crashing without the added worry throwing more money into an unstable stock market would bring. If you have money your sure you won't need for the next year or more then it might be a good time to buy shares, if not it's a bit of a risk.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Nope

The NASDAQ and Dow are only up 1% today. The Dow is still straddling 7,000 and the S&P is still straddling 700

Quite a few companies announced nice earnings today, but that is only good for the next 3 months. Let's see if the 6% price gains in blue chips are repeated tomorrow

I'll believe CitiGroup when their stock goes over $10 per share, and the US government sells the assets that they've stolen during the bailout (ie: 80% ownership in some companies)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1
The Economic Meltdown is over….. Time to make some money. The announcement made by Citigroup and the way the market has reacted has marked the End of the Economic Meltdown.

Oh now that Citigroup made this claim then I guess we're safe

Since when a bank institution or a group for that matter is deciding when is and when is not a crisis over? OMG is so true when they say people wanna hear what they wish to hear...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Right, all this is, is another bounce, we've all seen it happen before. obama signed his earmark filled budget so give it another day or so an the market'll take another hefty drop. Now this is just my feelings on this, but I don't think we'll see bottom till we're into the 5000 mark possibly high 4000's.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join