It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cause of Schizophrenia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Schizophrenia has to do with misunderstanding telepathy. Telepathy is realizing another person's thoughts. Thoughts can be about a feeling or a person (soul). By telepathy is not a person's actuall feelings or actuall soul. Thinking this is the cause of schizophrenia. We are hidden in our soul and or feelings, only when they become thoughts can they be known.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
As someone with a very close relative with this illness i just wanted to comment on how incredibly rude it is of you to resort such an awfull illness down to something like telepathy.

Im sorry to be so blunt but it anoys me when you make a fairytale out of something so real.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Elemensa

I totally agree with you

I find the Ops statement incredibly offensive, having been close to someone with schizophrenia. Maybe you should spend some time talking with someone with a mental health illness and also a mental health doctor, then maybe you wont be talking crap like this anymore

If your telepathic you should be able to see what I think of you right now

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Care to elaborate on how schizophrenia is purely the misunderstanding of telepathy?

With a lot of experience working hand in hand with individuals with various disabilities, including schizophrenia, you have me intrigued. I'll be honest that I don't believe it for a second. I think it's actually one of the more off the wall thoughts that I've heard.

But you have caught my ear.

Care to elaborate?

edit: Guys, it's his opinion. Whether it is legit or not, I don't think we should be reading this as offensive. Let's allow a discussion to evolve before we pass judgment.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by chissler]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by telepathicjon
Schizophrenia has to do with misunderstanding telepathy. Telepathy is realizing another person's thoughts. Thoughts can be about a feeling or a person (soul). By telepathy is not a person's actuall feelings or actuall soul. Thinking this is the cause of schizophrenia. We are hidden in our soul and or feelings, only when they become thoughts can they be known.

I have a slightly different theory. Schizophrenia is a name of a condition that has been created by those in the medical profession to give a label to someone who exhibits such characteristics, or "symptoms". Of course the word "symptom" suggests that it is something "treatable" and that there is something "wrong" with a schizophrenic.

Science has said we only use a certain percentage of our brains. Through 5 sensory perceptions, our brain is able to interact with reality. My theory pertains to the fact that other species perceive reality differently. Bees can see colors we cannot. Dogs can hear sounds we cannot. A schizophrenic perceives more of reality then non-schizophrenics do, because they utilize a different portion or percentage of their brain to either heighten their 5 senses, or have a 6th sense.

In other words someone "suffering" from schizophrenia is actually perceiving more of the reality that is already there. Auditory hallucinations are not hallucinations at all, its just that no one else can hear them.

I can see how our theories are similar, but also how they are not.
edit: for misspelling.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by danj3ris]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I am bipolar but have many scizophrenic friends . It is not outside the realms of possibility that ANYONE who hears voices COULD be hearing or interpreting into words energies from outside their own existence .
I have heard voices in my manic stages and though i don't hear voices very often these days I still cannot claim for sure whether they were created out of my own imagination or were some sort of ethereal parasite that lives off fear .
Dion Fortune wrote about there being elementals that hang around us feeding off our energy so maybe the voice hearers , including some schizophrenics CAN hear them .
In a survey in Norway they found that 17% of Norwegians hear voices .
In Western society the "experts" like to diagnose everyone so they can put labels on them and stick them in groups so they can CONTROL them . People who have aternative viewpoints are deemed "psychotic" if they are too different from society's general codes of conduct . If a man on the street takes all of his clothes off he is diagnosed "disinhibited" and is arrested , but do it at Woodstock and others will join you in your nakedness .
Back to schizophrenia ... there are maybe 10 different "symptoms" which , when SOME of them are present in a patient's condition , are diagnosed as schizophrenia .
"Schizophrenia is characterized by profound disruption in cognition and emotion, affecting the most fundamental human attributes: language, thought, perception, affect, and sense of self. The array of symptoms, while wide ranging, frequently includes psychotic manifestations, such as hearing internal voices or experiencing other sensations not connected to an obvious source (hallucinations) and assigning unusual significance or meaning to normal events or holding fixed false personal beliefs (delusions). No single symptom is definitive for diagnosis; rather, the diagnosis encompasses a pattern of signs and symptoms, in conjunction with impaired occupational or social functioning "
Sense of Self : the goal of many Buddhists and other spiritual practitioners is to LOSE the sense of self - in this case denial of the ego would be one tick on the list of symptoms needed for diagnosis .
"FALSE" personal beliefs !!! Who has the authority to tell us what beliefs are false ???
I'll tell you what is false - THE SYSTEM is false , and Psychiatrists are one hell of an effective way of controlling those who are different . The term SCHIZOPHRENIA is just a catch-all for a variety of symptoms that many of us have because THEY want us all LABELLED .
But I don't think it's telepathy .

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa
As someone with a very close relative with this illness i just wanted to comment on how incredibly rude it is of you to resort such an awfull illness down to something like telepathy.

Im sorry to be so blunt but it anoys me when you make a fairytale out of something so real.

I have to agree here. While I do believe that many Phsycologists are modern day snake oil salesmen at best, I do know that these conditions are very hard to deal with and I could see someone getting irked about far out nonsensical reasoning such as this thread.

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
At the end of the day a lot of the modern psychological labels are BS, Scizophrenia is one of them, its a blanket term which could be a number of actual issues.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I suffer from Schizophrenia (technically Schizoaffective disorder), and medication works wonders to help control my symptoms. This, for me, confirms the official story of chemical imbalance. While in my more vulnerable moments I may believe that I have psychic perceptions, over the years I've begun to recognize what causes these and other delusions (usually stress of some sort). To say that the cause is metaphysical denies any hope of controlling the symptoms with medicine, and does more harm than good.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
At the end of the day a lot of the modern psychological labels are BS, Scizophrenia is one of them, its a blanket term which could be a number of actual issues.

We may not know the exact cause of Schizophrenia, but the symptoms are well known. It may be that the symptoms are a combination of other unknown issues, but its still useful to label it as such for treatment purposes.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

LiquidLight, I mean no disrespect towards you or anyone else with Schizophrenia with the posting of my theory. I'm actually glad telepathicjon posted anything about this before I did as I can understand why mine or the OP's theories would be unpopular.

I think it has a lot to do with perception. You seek medication for controlling certain occurrences. In your case, as someone who actively "suffers" from schizophrenia, I can understand why saying the cause could be metaphysical directly contradicts with using medicine (chemicals) to treat a chemical imbalance. But in the pursuit of knowledge I find myself disagreeing with you that an alternative theory about schizophrenia can do harm.

Then again I base my argument on my own ill feelings towards psychotropic drugs. But if it does what you want it to, then it is a solution to a problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hmmm. Interesting to contemplate. I really do not think I am misunderstanding telepathy. If I tell my med doc I am, he will be almost certain to toss another script into my mix. I have schizo-affective disorder, too. My diagnosis started as PTSD and evolved as I got older.
I am interested in your theory and would love to hear more of what you have to say, but I must tell you that I am not very receptive to believe it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
They would be helpful labels in terms of treating the problem if that is what big medicine was attempting to do, it is not, they are labels used to control you, get you on drugs for the rest of your life, and put you in your box in terms of the way you interact with the rest of society, they are not accurate labels they are a vague blanket terms which allow people to give you a blanket cure treatment for it.

I'm not trying to belittle people afflicted with various problems, and medication is needed in many cases, I remain unconvinced however that the medication / therapy needed is the ones we are given.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What you will not see in any mainstream publication is the serious correlation between carbohydrate intake and all 'diseases of civilization' which include cancer, schizophrenia, alzheimers, obesity, diabetes, and others. Sugars (carbs are either sugar or fiber) may not necessarily cause a disease from whole cloth, but for some genetic lines (and depending on quantity) they can sure wreak a helluva lot more problems or worse-symptoms of any condition. It's a bit of a combined positive/negative when people realize that on the bright side, learning about this can help, but on the down side, for years they didn't have that benefit when it was so easy but nobody told them of it.

To the OP:

There are IMO legit issues with 'awareness' that some persons experience. Some people may be more prone to them than others. Some of those based on other conditions may be less capable of 'screening them out' than others. I think your association with this is due to the latter category. It isn't anything like a cause of schizophrenia which is physiological in nature. It's simply more apparent when the symptoms are affecting someone who is vulnerable for other reasons, such as that.

My $0.02.

PJ

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
At the end of the day a lot of the modern psychological labels are BS

I agree totally. Like children who have too much energy are "ADHD". At the end of the day, it's too hard to control them, so they are medicated.

Next time I have a puppy that's too hyperactive, maybe it will listen to me more if I give it dexamphetamine.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by telepathicjon

No that's really wrong to say this.
Schizophrenia is a physical abnormality of the brain.
Similar to brain damage.
Caused by either Genetics or trauma.
And causes a lifetime of suffering for all people involved in it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Really delusions of grandure come from thinking that everything is known about you. When I was thinking this I had exastential reasonings like I was in control of everything, and everything depended on me. Because inside of every person is a whole 'universe'.

Also 'Persecution' is part of the illness. Because if they knew everything about you you would begin to question, why do I need to tell you anything if you already know

Lack of interest in activities also follows, because the person begins to feel that everything around him is a lie.

I'm not saying that telepathy alone will cure schizophrenia I'm just stating what caused it, I can get into the cure if you would like.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

People can also play with your head alot when you are very well adapted to telepathy. They can put thoughts into your head and actually I don't believe in auditory hallucinations I believe it to be other people abusing people that do not have the same telepathic understanding as others

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Its like this, the brain did not have abnormalities to begin with, only over time the brain developed these abnormalities while they had the disease. The disease cause the abnormalities and the abnormalities were caused because of that person's pattern of thinking. When you believe that someone knows everything about the person you are, you whole thought process changes. You don't act like the person you were before, and alot of the time they lose the ability to function the way they used to.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elemensa

I agree. The person I knew with schizoprhenia claimed to be telepathic and that he could "hear" the thoughts of others. It was pretty clear that this was not correct, but his disorder made him believe that he could hear the thoughts of others.

Now... not everyone who claims telepathy has a mental illness. But you could put a schizophrenic on a planet on the other side of the galaxy, light years away from everyone, and they would still claim to hear telepathic voices.

It is a tragic and disruptive condition.

<<   2  3 >>

join