It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets call an idiot an idiot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
***MODS - IF THIS NEEDS TO BE MOVED THEN SO BE IT - THANKS***

Let me start off by saying I have never posted a thread or reply for or against drug use / conspiracy / trafficking / etc etc.

Next let me say I had no intention of posting in the new forum that was for CONSPIRACY RELATED DRUG TOPICS.

Ok - now thats out of the way.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? More specifically the people that cant follow a simple damned rule?

Where were you raised? How did you survive into adulthood? How are you not in prison? How were you not beaten to hell by people while growing up?

The rule was simple - DO NOT POST ABOUT USE OF DRUGS!!!! P E R I O D

Now, where I come from that is pretty simple and straight forward.

Then I see this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My personal opinion now is, there is no need for a forum like this if the users of the forum can't abide BY ONE SIMPLE GOD FORESAKEN RULE!

When this whole drama started I read thru the threads and thought "maybe they can come up with something to keep everyone happy."

NOPE - NADA - NO WAY - ADIOS - ITS OVER.

So in closing I will restate my thought:

My personal opinion is, there is no need for a forum like this if the users of the forum can't abide BY ONE SIMPLE GOD FORESAKEN RULE!

Thank you for listening to my little rant.

Dorian Soran

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

The forum appears to be back up and running now.

Let's just hope people can abide by the rules this time, or next time it is taken down, it might be for good.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I agree - I dont wish any harm to the forum - if thats your thing ( to discuss drug conspiracies ) then so be it.

I just hope for the sake of EVERYONE that wants to participate the "*idiots" learn to follw the rules.

* 'idiots' denotes the people who know a thread with 2500 or more posts in it exists discussing this very issue and yet they STILL will not follow the rules.

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Having never posted on those threads, I know where you're coming from. Then again, I've never posted on the UFO threads, either. Still there are people more knowledgeable about such things than me and they HAD a place to discuss their interests, deny ignorance and gain more understanding.

It seems like a pretty simple rule to me but the group should not be punished (IMHO) for the actions of a few. You said:
My personal opinion is, there is no need for a forum like this if the users of the forum can't abide BY ONE SIMPLE GOD FORESAKEN RULE!

I would say that there is no need for MEMBERS like this if the users of the forum can't abide by one simple rule. It's disrespectful to the owners, the board in general and the fellow members specifically.

If there are a group of members policing that site, then an immediate alert to a mod could bring about a post ban for that particular member and the rest of the discussion could go merrily along uninterrupted by the juvenile stunts of a few disruptive members.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I won't miss that particular forum and I would apply all the negative remarks you made at members to anyone that would miss the damn thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It was obvious those members that insisted on talking about their own personal use never meant to abide by the rules to begin with.

I had discussed this very problem when that forum opened up and I gave it 4 days. Obviously I seriously underestimated the personalities that intentionally sought to disrupt the forum.

I don't think that they should re open the forum. I think that once again those that are intent on ruining the debate for others have done so, and so they should not have to put up with it.

It was a good idea however those that are too immature to appreciate the simple structure of that forum will always ruin it for everyone.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
good to see the forum back up and running again

new topics

top topics

join