It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does All My Personal Property, Say Made in China

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
In Talking about Conspiracy I See a Real Conspiracy been imposed on the American Public
I know this is kind of a given, but while looking at my things, I notice, everything 99%, says MADE IN CHINA and it's JUNK.
Another thing I notice is when buy this junk a lot of times it does not even work, not from day one, then you take it back for refund, and are treated like I'm the bad guy for wanting refund.
This is part of Major Conspiracy, this is part of some master plan, I know it's about making money, but what else is behind this?
When all our China Junk is broken, and we don't have money to buy new China Junk, to replace old China Junk, will we return to stone age?

I'm kind of old, only in numbers, Ha Ha, but when was kid the joke was made in Japan Junk, buy it, it would break.
Then Japan turned around, they started making better things than U.S.A. , then they have the arrogance, to say they won the war.

Now I have tools some 50 years old American made still work, 40 years later buy same tool more up to date, use one time, broke?

I fix things when need be, well I have clothes dryer, 30 years old, I have had to fix a couple times, normal.
Well my daughter buys new dryer works short time breaks, I tell her I will fix it, she goes buys new one? Well short time new one also breaks, this time she lets me fix it, I ask the guy at parts place what's going on, he says they only make parts to last couple years before start to break now?

Now this is future right , we have our flying cars and such, but with the advance in technology things should be better, Conspiracy.
Let's get Real all this save the Planet stuff is pure Crap, if they want to help save the planet we would not be living in this Wasteful, Disposable, Orientated Society.
I know it's all about Money, but really if they made things better, made things to last, they could move on and make more better things for everyone.

Not to brag, but I have a relative, that is a Manufactor, the thing he makes is the standard in the industry, it's made good and made to last.
If you buy one of his products, there will be no need to buy another one, you could, he makes the higer end of same product.
It cracks me up because some times I go to places where, his product is being used, just for kick I tell them what my name is, they reply with that's the best machine they ever had.
To this day the quality is still same, some 70, 80 years later built to last. Is that good for biz?

Well I just wanted to say this, and this is one of the Major Conspiracies, that has been going on for some time now, and we the American people have been sold out, by the big money, and crooked politians, greed.
We are in big trouble we have been sold out, unless some one really does somthing to address these problems it's going to be Hell on Earth.
I feel sorry for those that still believe in these B#@$$#S.

My flyng car is acting up, should have kept my old American made one, looks like I'm going to have to push the dang self repair Button, on this Chinese piece of Junk.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex This is part of Major Conspiracy, this is part of some master plan, I know it's about making money, but what else is behind this?

It's about built- in obsolescence gone crazy, it's about greedy corporations, its about everybody wanting over 10% return on their mutual funds.

I knew things were screwed a decade ago, when you could land a pair of Nikes in Vancouver for $8, and they'd sell retail for $120. That told me that Capitalism had quietly failed alongside of Communism...it just took us a while to notice.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i guess the old addage is correct, you get what you pay for.

if american is so much better why don't you buy it. you telling me it's not available or what?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would say it says "Made in China" because it was made in China.

You've identified an important issue, though: planned obsolescence

It's the reason we don't have light bulbs that last for years, efficient rechargeable batteries, long-lasting razor blades, etc.

Things are made to break, and change a single purchase into a 'subscription' model of consumerism, where you keep having to constantly shell out money, year after year.

Blame short-sighted consumers for that, for always buying the cheapest possible items, without concern for either their long-term budget or the health of the American manufacturing economy.

Here's a hint for everyone: Go to garage sales to buy things like kitchen appliances, irons, etc. Get the oldest ones you can find that still work. Chances are, they were made to last, and will work much more reliably than modern manufactured garbage. Plus, you can find them cheap!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
i guess the old addage is correct, you get what you pay for.

if american is so much better why don't you buy it. you telling me it's not available or what?

What does Amerca make any more , the Amercan industrial complex is in shambles.
They would amost be starting over. I live in Michigan, and it's dead, the only thing can do is start over to get on top again if possible, New Tech.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's because a lot of American business (and they're not unique in this, Britain and most of Europe are no different) only have an eye on short-term returns. They want quick, maximised profits. It doesn't matter if local manufacturing goes under, employment markets become displaced &c if they can save money outsourcing to another country and importing rather than making.

But don't worry! Whatever they create in profits will trickle down! We'll all see the benefit! Right?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

So like I said all this save the planet stuff is nothing but crap, they don't want to save the planet, they want to save their profit margin.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Now this is future right , we have our flying cars and such

well my brother was right, i should have waited for the new models to come out before buying a new car...

My flyng car is acting up, should have kept my old American made one, looks like I'm going to have to push the dang self repair Button, on this Chinese piece of Junk.

Careful with that, it may malfunction and turn into a giant fish bowl or something worse

Seriously, i inherited most of my dads tools and you are very true about that, those are good tools, they don't break, even if you force them or use them for things they were not intended for, but now, i go and buy the supposedly same tool, from the same maker, and it breaks a few days later, screwdrivers and similar tools come to mind.

And everything is made in China these days, make me wonder what happened to all the American factories? last time i went to buy an electric guitar, i took a look at some Fender Stratoscasters, they were made in China, Taiwan or Japan and some are made in Mexico, cool, the prices were a lot lower than the American ones, like 200 or 250 for a stratocaster, while the american one sells like in 1000?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's because the NWO is grooming China to be the next superpower. Remember its Most-Favored Nation Status during Clinton?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
But one of the points I am trying to make is in these dier time the U.S.A. is screwed. we can't retool.
If we did the things would cost to much, this will be part of demise of planet, all this disposeble Junk.
Maybe I am thinking like a Communist, which does not seem to work either, but if want to save Earth need to stop waste.
What is going on right now is total Bull there is plenty to go around for everyone right now, but greed is going to win out.
In this coming depression, the food stores need to be addressed, food and water is the most important, and nothing is being done to be prepared for what is about to come.
The farmers need to bailed out and not paid to not plant crops just to keep prices up.
The large mass food stores are already in a depleted state, when things get bad, and nothing works anylonger, if we are not prepared it's going to be wilder than wild.
The writing is on the wall it's staring to come out in the media more, world is in death spiral.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
america makes everything you might want. name one consumer item that there is no american made version of. just one item.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
That's because the NWO is grooming China to be the next superpower. Remember its Most-Favored Nation Status during Clinton?

Or it's because Chinese workers work twice as hard for half the cost.

How do you think that American trans-continental railroad, amongst other things got built?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I hear you, googolplex, I too am old school in my tools and automobiles, and I have noticed the influx of Chinese made junk for a long time now, mostly in Walmart stores. Ameriaan made products used to be tops in almost every part of the world, and the term "Made in USA" meant something. I remember my Mom telling me that after the attack on Pearl Harbor, everyone in her city took all of their Japanese made stuff to the center of town, piled it up, and burned it. I think maybe we should do the same with Chinese made things, for they poison our children, and break with the first or second use, and they are inferior to American made things. Now I hear General Motors is going under to the bankers that run America....Used to be what was good for GM was good for the country. what has happened to us? Oh yeah, we were lulled to sleep with video games and cell phones and texting and designer drugs,and out history was changed up....Oh, for the Good Old Days.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

america makes everything you might want. name one consumer item that there is no american made version of. just one item.

Sure we can still make just about anything, question is could you afford it, if you can then your one of the greedy people that's helped destroy the U.S.A. .

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
so you get what you pay for then.

the reason everything you own is made in china is because you are not willing to pay for the quality materials and craftmanship that you say is the trademark of american goods.

you are the reason america is not manufacturing, you buy with an eye to price over quality.

if american items last 30 years instead of 1, they are worth 30 times as much money. if you will not pay 10 times more for 30 times the quality, thats your problem.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Are there American-made TVs? All their components made in the US? If so, it's news to me...

And as to Chinese wages being cheaper...look at their standard of living...that's all they need to support. Hell, some manufacturing is done in prison camps by slave labour, other folks just don't get paid.

Tough to compete with that domestically. I agree...you need to buy 'made here' as much as you can. But a Walmart economy becomes a self-feeding loop. Frankly, this crash may be the only way out of that loop, but I really despair of those kicked to the side while it happens.

So I try to buy local, and stay outta the Big Boxes.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Where was loyalty to American made goods in the 70,80,90's..??

I remember commercials on MSM begging people to buy American made goods..but nobody did. They bought inferior foriegn, and not from China. It was made in Taiwan, Europe, Mexico, and Japan. This was when China was in middle of cultural and agricultural upheaval.
Then came wonderful Nafta and WTO arrangements that US legislators bent over backwards to pass, sticking those campaign contributions from US manufacturing and shipping companies in their back pockets. This opened the floodgates for cheap foreign goods and hooked the consumer permanently.
As China came out of its internal revolutions, Capitalism was introduced to a Nation of people that understand how to save and create wealth, it was a perfect storm and China took maximum advantage.

US manufacturing is partly to blame, If toyota can build a truck or car of van that outperforms and outlasts US product, US manufacturers should have stepped up quality and engineering programs.

But ultimately we have met the enemy, and it is ourselves. We sold out to the lowest bidder and now will pay the price.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
What is concerning to me is that if we go to a silent war with china and no longer buy their products, we have to realize we have outsourced many or most of the factories that produce the products we use on a daily basis.

I am SICK of china blocking their people from the world that supports their economy, gives them jobs and a life, but yet we cannot connect via internet with the real people. They close their borders to the world yet expect us to continue supporting them through commerce.

China needs to stay within their own borders then and stop doing business with the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This reminded me of a WWII story, the U.S. had a mission,and they needed batteries that lasted longer.
The battery company said yes we can make batteries that last longer, but they did not want the info to get out to the general public. Biz.

I'm not a Commi, but more of a Realist, for the good of all it would be better that more things were standized.
Once a product was developed to be about as good as could be, move on to next project.
I know it's about building the better mouse trap, but if this one works why not just work with that one for awhile, move on to address another real problem.
Conserve materials, manpower, energy, let everyone get peice of pie.
This will never happen, the ones in control have a different agenda.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
What is concerning to me is that if we go to a silent war with china and no longer buy their products, we have to realize we have outsourced many or most of the factories that produce the products we use on a daily basis.

This is one of the things I was saying, our industrial complex is in shambles, we are not in position to even think of retooling up.

This out source thing is joke, this is one of problems why States are Bucking Feds.
The Real-Id is voluntary forced compliance by States, and and info is to be all outsourced to other countrys control, with only 2 the people out of 12 in control being Americans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join