It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does All My Personal Property, Say Made in China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hallberg Rassy

Where was loyalty to American made goods in the 70,80,90's..??

I remember commercials on MSM begging people to buy American made goods..but nobody did. They bought inferior foriegn, and not from China. It was made in Taiwan, Europe, Mexico, and Japan. This was when China was in middle of cultural and agricultural upheaval.

Yes that is it buy American buy Toyota, Tundra I thinks it's like 99% ? made in U.S.A.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Chinese products are #@&%.

What is an American product these days? It can be so confusing.

American cars are supposed to have at least 75% domestic parts, to say made in "America", but most domestic label cars are less than that percentage. And to add to the confusion, Toyotas manufactured in the states. I read somewhere that the Toyota Camry is the most american car you can buy. Made in America can also mean Canada or Mexico. At the end of the day, so many of the icon U.S. cars are not really made in the U.S.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
if u think america cant or ,cant afford to retool and restart its own manufacturing ur way wrong.We can retool and everything for almost no cost,just waive the cost lol we make it anyway and we have the raw mats.This is how wwII was fought u realy think they didnt retool factorys for tanks and plane becuse of money.They said to hell with money or the cost it all comes down to if u have the resourses and the people are backing you it can all be done for free.The main problem we have with accomplishing this is the world stage interactions,The truth is the world does not want us to go into seclution mode,only doing in america for america,This would put enemys at our doorstep.This is been said by many nations.on the surface the common man of other countrys would mabey blame america for wars,or aany number of acusations,but the real power of the world the money,tells a diffrent story,it says no,no,no,america dont leave our country and go get strong.It saya please stay and give me your wealth for ppe dreams of fadeing smoke.Let me fleece you oh great nation,this is the talk of money,it has no loyalty only want.
If pur goverment was REALY on our side above all,then ya we could do it in a heart beat.and the companys would do it for free till they got on there feet.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by devareous
if u think america cant or ,cant afford to retool and restart its own manufacturing ur way wrong.We can retool and everything for almost no cost,just waive the cost lol we make it anyway and we have the raw mats.This is how wwII was fought u realy think they didnt retool factorys for tanks and plane becuse of money.They said to hell with money or the cost it all comes down to if u have the resourses and the people are backing you it can all be done for free.The main problem we have with accomplishing this is the world stage interactions,The truth is the world does not want us to go into seclution mode,only doing in america for america,This would put enemys at our doorstep.This is been said by many nations.on the surface the common man of other countrys would mabey blame america for wars,or aany number of acusations,but the real power of the world the money,tells a diffrent story,it says no,no,no,america dont leave our country and go get strong.It saya please stay and give me your wealth for ppe dreams of fadeing smoke.Let me fleece you oh great nation,this is the talk of money,it has no loyalty only want.
If pur goverment was REALY on our side above all,then ya we could do it in a heart beat.and the companys would do it for free till they got on there feet.

That is like when the Rand Corp. propsed to congress to start another war to get things going again.
China and Russia got wind of that one and say what, who.
Yes we could retool but for what another war, not for anything good.
The world is being run by Morons, or their agenda is genoside.
I think the U.S. will bounce back , only missing 3/4 of population,when bounce.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Freight is cheap and Chinese workers work for far less money than American workers. People buy their stuff because it's cheaper.

And for most tasks, it's good enough. Plastic kitchenware isn't going to spontaneously combust or anything. Staplers, childrens toys, sprinklers, etc. work just fine, if, perhaps, briefly.

There's a range of quality for Chinese products, just like there is for American products. The quality and price of Chinese merchandise has been slowly increasing with their standard of living, so a lot of the REALLY cheap stuff is from places like Malaysia.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
america makes everything you might want. name one consumer item that there is no american made version of. just one item.

A cpu for a computer.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We came back to the U.S. this week to stay a couple months and need to get a few houseware items for while we are here. One example of what we need is coffee cups. Actually, the handles of the cheap Chinese coffee cups we had in the house before had fallen off after less than a few months use. So, I went out on a mission to buy nothing from China. That is much easier said than done. Every single coffee cup I saw was made in China and I hit every store within 40 miles or so.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
A few years back - I attempted to boycott China by not buying goods made there.
At the time the Chinese officials were senselessly and brutally slaughtering all of the dogs - in response to a disease that was not actually affecting the majority of the pets.
They got dog killing happy. It disgusted me.

What a shocker I got - when I tried to find anything NOT made by China.
Even some the veggies were labeled from China. Who knew? Our food? Why were we getting food from them? Everything was from there!
It was an expensive year for me - because I refused to purchase China made.

As much as I hate to admit it - this was the first time I had realized to what extent -
we were owned, where our jobs had gone and who was really in control of the product
that we used in this country.

It's really seems time that this stops.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Just think though if we were to ever go to war with China, they would be using all the scrap metal we send them, to make war toys to blow us up.

Just like Japan did with the metal we sent them back in good ole WWII.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Its been almost 20 years since the trade imbalance and your just now noticing this?

Im sorry but I cannot believe that you have not noticed before that about 90 percent of the stuff you buy is made overseas.

If your lucky, look around in the junk drawer for a box of paper clips or in the kitchen cabinet for a box of toothpicks...there is a 50 50 chance that the box might say "Made In The USA".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Just think though if we were to ever go to war with China, they would be using all the scrap metal we send them, to make war toys to blow us up.

Just like Japan did with the metal we sent them back in good ole WWII.

Nah they get all the raw products from Australia cheap enough as it is, no need to use recycled when you can buy Iron ore cheap, turn it into steel and then sell it back at a HUGE profit.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I was making big money selling scrap steel past summer, $400.00 a ton, they said China was one buying it .
Now it's about $35.00 a ton.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Like I said when was kid it was all made in Japan, junk.
And as I said it's a given about China, but I would buy tools Swiss, German.
But the other day, another guy and I were talking about this and started to look at everything and everything said China. and no I didn't know everything was made in China.
I can't afford good stuff made in Japan anyhow.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

it's because everybody's buying less of everything now that there's a worldwide recession on. China doesn't need as much scrap if they're selling less stuff.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure how many cars are 100 percent American, but I do know my Harley is. That is why I sold my Honda and bought that. It might get cold and wet, but atleast I know it is American.

Plus it rides like a caddy.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by RFBurns

Like I said when was kid it was all made in Japan, junk.
And as I said it's a given about China, but I would buy tools Swiss, German.
But the other day, another guy and I were talking about this and started to look at everything and everything said China. and no I didn't know everything was made in China.
I can't afford good stuff made in Japan anyhow.

Actually we can look back as far as the Carter era, where the beginings of the massive trade deficit took real root, and then accelerated during the Reagan era. Prior to those years, there was an even playing field in many industries across the board. You could find big line item products from both overseas manufacturers and domestic manufacturers. And when that was the case, the domestic products were superior, and did cost a bit more than the overseas products.

Now the market is so over saturated with overseas products, and almost every domestic industry that we once called our own are now owned by overseas investors.

Heck even Anheuser-Busch makers of Budwiser is now owned by a foreign company-Heineken. So much for America's best.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Yes this is in part what I am talking about, as I have read we have no GNP, to back all of this money being printed.
This why everyone in America owes $150,000.00 as their part of GND.
And how could Japan say they might bail out America, they have that much money?
I feel kind of sorry for the young kids now days, when I was young American could work in gas station, somewhere.
At 15 I was working for moving company, 17 was in one of big 3.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join