It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan tribe agrees to hand over Taliban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Would you hide and help somebody that killed some of your own family members?

Well - consider this..

If I lived in what is basically the middle of nowhere. If provided I could contact any help it would take them a good amount of time to arrive. If the bad guys showed up 1 night in force, armed to the teeth and said, "Hide and help us or we will kill you and what is left of your family. We are going to take some of your family with us just to make sure. You talk to the troops and your family dies - then you die."

What would the average person do in that situation?

Fear can be a powerful weapon...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Great point people really don't want to let these types into their country do they?
I mean seriously why/ If for that reason alone it would seem that cooler heads would prevail.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

Ok, Ima try n make this as simple as I can for you.
When I said "I want their heads on a platter"..I meant I will believe it when I see their(terrorists) heads on a platter. This thread afterall, is about handing over "terrorists". So I WILL believe it, When I see it, got me?

Thats simple enough, so you don't want to have their heads on a platter still think about it, relate that type of comment to your own people. It is still offensive.

Oh and another thing...I think the majority of the people on this site are the exact opposite of what you say. Yea a lot of us believe in UFOs, dont you ?

Is that a trick question? UFO, unidentified flying objects. Spy planes, light reflecting the cameras and stuff like that, yes I do believe in these events. Yes I'm interested in knowing if aliens exist and if they have the advanced technology everyone seems to be talking about.

Does the majority of peopleon ATS think they are "being controlled by wack jobs by various means'? No, i dont believe they Do.
What I do see though is this...people on ATS wanting the truth. Thats all this is about, is the truth, because none of us know what the truth is anymore.

The majority of ATS has fallen from the norm of society, once that happens than the following statement comes in to play: 'If 99% of the world was insane, the 1% sane would be considered as insane. '

You can read that at the bottom of every post I make.

Even when it comes to 911...people say it was the govt...but even if it wasnt the terrorists, whos to say it was the Govt who did it? Could it have been someone else? It can never end, and will never end. It just gives people something to talk about and something to do in order to fulfill self achievement. Also, I highly doubt the Majority of people on here take everything they hear from their TV as reality. For those who do, ok, thats their choice, but you are nobody to criticize someone else for not caring about the same things you do. Some people just dont give a &$%^.
Me personally, I havebeen in the Marines, I know what its like on that side of the fence. I have seen many things that normal people question if its reality. Sometimes I hear things that are so crazy I just laugh it off, but I never, ever criticize people for seeking the truth. Some people will die for what they believe in, others wont because all they care about is themselves. Ever heard that saying "dont hate the player, hate the game"? There is enough hate in this world right now, people on here dont need their names thrown around in the mud just because of someone giving their opinion. Out of all of the people in this world, i think people here on ATS are decent people, over achievers who search for truth for the good of the people, not themselves. Im not hating on you, I just think that some of those things you said was really disrespectful to the people on this site.

Let's not forget that some of the things you said was very disrespectful to my people, see the comparison, see how you started hating me and get all emotional, well my point exactly. 'Disrespectful'. You can't gain respect when disrespecting others, you get it?

My relatives have been killed by your people, this is not the time to make a joke about the situation in Afghanistan and Pakistan. It is like making a joke about 9/11.

EDIT: sorry for going off topic.

On Topic-I just hope something good comes out of this deal, and that it will indeed handover people that they say are responsible for this act, regardless if I believe they did it or not. This is their chance to prove to the American people that what they say is true. If not, I feel the people wont be able to tollerate it much longer and lash out on their govt. for being kept out of the loop.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Common Good]

[edit on 033131p://31b3 by Ownification]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Im sorry, but I didnt know your 'people' were terrorists?
That is who i was referring to, terrorists.
I wasnt being disrespectful to anyone.
You better check yourself and open your eyes.
If your 'people' are terrorists than my statement stands, but I never made a comment about the people of Afghanistan or pakistan.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Ownification

Im sorry, but I didnt know your 'people' were terrorists?
That is who i was referring to, terrorists.
I wasnt being disrespectful to anyone.
You better check yourself and open your eyes.
If your 'people' are terrorists than my statement stands, but I never made a comment about the people of Afghanistan or pakistan.

Your people is refered as terrorist by my people, open your eyes. There is as many people who regard the actions of America as terrorism as people who regard the actions of Muslims terrorism.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join