It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd like to hear your predictions/trends for 2009!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Hello Everyone

I would like to hear your predictions/trends for 2009. That's basically it.

Here are a few rules to weed out the trolls though:
[1] Feel free to state your predictions on any subject related to the ATS boards.
[2] Please state any information/websites that back up your prediction. (not required)
[3] State why you are predicting whatever event might happen.
[4] Give your opinion on other people's predictions civilly.
[5] Feel free to actively debate other people's predictions.

There you go!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now my predictions:
I am going to make a prediction on the economy. The US Economy to be more specific.
I predict that Fruit and fruit based products will go up in price over the summer and winter months due to the drought and rationing of water in California.
See Article Here
And Here

I am making this prediction as a precursor to the coming food shortages. Prepare yourselves.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I predict that as of today , its all down hill. Right now is the best that 2009 will be. Like a thermometer , its all down from here. War will spill over from Mexico, War will start with Chavez in S America against Columbia.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I predict major earthquakes will occur during the month of August 2009

And i have no source, except my own (within).
PS: I hope i'm wrong...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i predict at least 2 massive destructive earthquakes this year. 1 at the San Andreas fault and the other in South Island , New ZEaland. At least 8.0 on Richter Scale.

Also, I predict a terrorist attack on a Nuclear installation in Europe.

No evidence, just a hunch and a few scary dreams. G

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by branty
I predict that as of today , its all down hill. Right now is the best that 2009 will be. Like a thermometer , its all down from here. War will spill over from Mexico, War will start with Chavez in S America against Columbia.

I can believe the War spilling over from Mexico, as I live in Texas. What makes you say Chavez will start a war?

Originally posted by teklordz
I predict major earthquakes will occur during the month of August 2009

And i have no source, except my own (within).
PS: I hope i'm wrong...

I believe you will enjoy this website: Earthquakes

Originally posted by grantbeed
i predict at least 2 massive destructive earthquakes this year. 1 at the San Andreas fault and the other in South Island , New ZEaland. At least 8.0 on Richter Scale.

Also, I predict a terrorist attack on a Nuclear installation in Europe.

No evidence, just a hunch and a few scary dreams. G

See above comment

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I also have insight on "3 days" relating to this event... Very interesting and weird at the same time... but we'll see...

[edit on 10-3-2009 by teklordz]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Chavez closed the embassy in Bogota, called Columbia the "Israel of S America" and moved tanks and thousands of troops to border. Basically he sees Columbia as a puppet state to the US

Edit for sp and punt

[edit on 10-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

I see, I'll definitely look into this matter. That Chavez is certainly a character to watch.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well i am going against the grain. (Might be wishful thinking) I think we will have some rough times ahead but by August I think things should be picking back up. Not saying a total eutopia, but at least getting up. Hurricanes this year will be less powerful. And one bad tsunami in or around Maylasia.
Earthquakes are a defianent

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Gonna throw a wild one out there . Arnie the Swartzenegger becomes President over the 6th largest economy on the planet. He then divorces his wife(i think its a man) and marries Ann Coulture

[edit on 10-3-2009 by branty]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Predictions for 2009 Hmmm Ok...

1. Economy worsens through the end of the year

2. Somebody starts a war via possible attacks on L.A or NYC due to our financial weakness.

3 War continues through 2015 untill we've caught up financially.

4. 2036- John Titor caught drunk naked and vomiting when his AMC pacer time machine fails to launch properly

Sorry about #4 but I just had to...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Avalon22

I quite enjoyed #4.

Interesting predictions all around.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I predict some global catastrophe by July.

Israel will take out Iran's nuke capabilities.

A failed assassination attempt on Barrack.

GM files for bankruptcy.

Weather gets more severe.

Earthquakes and volcano's increase in frequency and number.

Basically all the end of the world type of signs

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is a vision I had: An atmospheric event will take place which causes the sky to actually be split open, or peel back.. sounds scary what ever it means.

And June 13th 200? , can't shake this one..I've had this dread feeling about this day for long time.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
OK, this is based on my intuition and my paranoid musings after reading waaaaay too many depressing news articles.

I'm most concerned about this summer, particularly late July/early August, so these are my predictions for summer. Heat makes even rational people do crazy things.

I think Europe in particular is in for problems. I expect deadly and damaging riots in many major cities this summer and I'm concerned that severe unrest will spread outward from there.
I also feel like there will be wildfires on the same scale as the recent nightmare in Australia. I'm not certain if those will be in Europe or North America, but I think it will be in a location that we don't usually see fires, and I think they will be arson.

I also expect that we'll see at least one significant war break out. Israel/Iran is the most likely candidate, but there are a lot of other possibilities.

And I think at least one FEMA camp is going to open for business by the end of the year. Not for US citizens, but for refugees fleeing the violence in Mexico.

[edit on 13-3-2009 by sweetpeanc]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well, I think... Ooooh! A penny!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I agree on the above mentioned FEMA camp and usage.

::grumble:: I didn't really want to post this but, since I have the occasional, verifiable precog dream I'll put it down. I dreamt also of a failed attempt on Obama. It was a female and took place in what looked like some type of industrial kitchen, I believe he was wearing a tux. Secret Service was able to get Obama down to the ground and out of the way. No one was injured.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I predict that for the next 50yrs at least that it will be sitX = SNAFU all the way and we will generally all be FUBAR'ed regardless, just like we are now! :shk:

Personal Disclosure: Sigh! :w: ..... but at least we got 's ,
's and 's to entertain us till we get :bash: by some other
's.

The reason I feel that it will be SitX SNAFU is because the more things change the more they stay the same and ONLY the true SCUM of the earth are able to float above all the dross and flotsam of this swamp!

Edited to edit the edit! :shk:

[edit on 13-3-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Predictions for 2009 …

Ok here goes…

(1) Major scientific discoveries on Mars.
(2) Science publicly announces they have cured, all forms of cancer.
(3) Plane crash on the 24th ???? not sure which month.
(4) Something happening near the Rance river in France.
(5) A major riot in a European country.
Oh yeah I almost forgot…
(6) The ATS member tentickles, changes her avartar…lol

- JC

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Joecroft]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I have one main prediction, which is that things will stay as bad as they are right now for a short period of time, and then seem to magically get better. The western world will be lulled into a false sense of security, for their comfortable lifestyle will have been restored... then everything will suddenly go downhill. This will be intentional, heavily orchestrated, mostly to quell any initial panic. Or it will be a way to taunt citizens... like a "you can have all this back if you just listen to us" kind of thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join