It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man claims he found 10 human teeth in new wallet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Man claims he found 10 human teeth in new wallet

apnews.myway.com

FALMOUTH, Mass. (AP) - A customer shopping at a Walmart told store workers he found 10 human teeth in a wallet he was about to purchase. Police said the man found the teeth Saturday when he unzipped a compartment in the wallet. One tooth had a filling. The customer turned the wallet and the teeth over to employees but left the store without giving his name.

Police investigating the incident told The Cape Cod Times that the teeth belong to an adult, but since there was no blood or gum tissue on the teeth, they would be unable to perform DNA tests.

A Walmart spokeswoman said the company believes it was an "isolated incident," but will investigate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Missing body parts are beginning to show up in the news cycle it seems.

For example we have missing feet in BC and now missing teeth in Boston area.

A Vancouver author, who is watching British Columbia's missing feet mystery unfold, isn't ruling out the possibility that a serial killer may be at work in the area where the human remains have washed ashore.

It's an opinion put forward by Michael Slade, a criminal lawyer, who has worked on hundreds of trials and been involved in almost as many murder cases.

I did a search under missing persons and I was amazed at the sheer volume of newspaper articles covering various new cases.

It causes one to think that the actual volume of violent behaviour is on the rise.

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2009 by whiteraven]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It was the tooth fairy's wallet. They should put it under a pillow so he can find it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If there was no blood or gum tissue to do a DNA test.
Then they do not even know if they are real human teeth.
They could be from a denture.
The only reason they say they are from an adult, is the size.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Even if they are from a denture, what on earth are they doing in a wallet???

Bizarre! although, I guess a prankster could have planted them there...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The article said that because there was no soft tissue on the teeth they could not get any DNA
Teeth are bone, surely you could get DNA from bone? I don't know for sure - maybe it's more difficult or expensive, but I think I've heard of fragments of bone giving up DNA evidence before.

Maybe it's some sort of voodoo thing? The teeth must of been cleaned prior to being put into the wallet or there would be lots of gooey stuff to sample from.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Clearly the Tooth fairy mispplaced her wallet. Toothless children everywhere will feel the shortfall immediately. The baby tooth stocks just fell 5% on the S&P.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
lol @ ThePiemaker. You should be on the Stage

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Dentures don't typically have fillings.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Uh....teeth have...nerves?
Nerves are.... not bone.

I do not mean to sound sarcastic. I am just feeling a little stupified.
Teeth have nerves.
Nerves have dna.

Drill baby.

Am I incorrect? I will Google. Until then-comment stands.

DNA does come from bone.

Boston is skirting it's duties to identify the teeth-or, was saying they were not teeth.

Teeth are the tissue of choice for extracting DNA from ancient mummies
DNA Tooth Article

DNA from Sharks teeth

Example of DNA and bone

[edit on 9-3-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is WalMart's new marketing strategy - You get free teeth with the purchase of every new wallet. Wonder what you get when you buy luggage, new hip joints?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
There was always something strange about Walmart, but it's likely just an employee screwing with customers, or some kids pulling a prank, at least if they turn out to be fake teeth. If not, I don't know. The feet thing is stranger though.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Surely they could just find a match via dental records ?

I mean.. c'mon.
It can't be that hard to determine which tooth is which; 'upper six' etc.

And the filling would be distinctive.

And the nerve in the tooth would probably have come out.. I think.. If you notice when you lose a tooth, it's not particularly painful, nor is there any flesh as such.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks to me like the cops are being lazy here, this could be the teeth of a murdered person. The murderer probably placed them in the wallet to get a rise out of knowing that the authorities will get a hold of them.

If it was just one or two teeth it wouldn't be so suspicious, but ten? That's suspicious.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hmm maybe they came from China? Considering most Walmarts crap comes from there. Some Chinese Traids pulled out someones teeth for revenge or summit, then misplaced the teeth, some employee though it would be funny to send some teeth with the shipment of wallets and voila, big story over teeth lol.

The feet story is disturbing, how many people had their feet chopped off, while potentialy still being alive! Heck they could still be alive for all we know, held in some backwater village by some wanna be Jason!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saf85
Hmm maybe they came from China? Considering most Walmarts crap comes from there. Some Chinese Traids pulled out someones teeth for revenge or summit, then misplaced the teeth, some employee though it would be funny to send some teeth with the shipment of wallets and voila, big story over teeth lol.

The feet story is disturbing, how many people had their feet chopped off, while potentialy still being alive! Heck they could still be alive for all we know, held in some backwater village by some wanna be Jason!

They've found that the feet are starting to match up as they roll in. So it is more likely that these people all went down at the same time, and their feet are coming in on the same water currents from that spot.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

LOL

Murderer: "Hahahaha, I will leave my victims teeth in a wallet and be known as the Tooth Fairy murderer!"

Cops: "Ummm....hmmmm...right...they are probably not real teeth. I don't think hard stuff like teeth has them DNA's or those whatchamacallits to do them scientifical tests on. We'll keep ya posted on any forensical evidence that may come up. To be honest though, them little suckers look more like chiclets to me. You know, some kid playing one of them practical pranks, or whatever they call it these days."

Murderer: "I'm a serial killer in a city of idiots...I'm moving to New York."

[edit on 9-3-2009 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
First they try to repossess a ship, now the old teeth in the wallet routine.

You bought the goods, just pay up and get them off your back otherwise you’ll start finding American fairy feet washing up on your coast lines.

[edit on 9/3/2009 by northerngate]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My theory is, the Wallet was likely a return and the person that returned it either forgot about the teeth or more likely didn't know they were there in the first place - such as it was stolen from the owner (likely a kid) or just found and returned for cash or credit.

new topics

top topics

join