It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Goverment says Prepare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Not sure this is of any significance but i just noticed these commercials on several different Canadian TV stations. I would seem they can see the value in being prepared.

Watch commercial half way down the page www.getprepared.gc.ca...

does your country have similar campaigns?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Same here in the US..

I think it's just about being prepared just in case the economies collapse, considering if one goes down then we'll all go down just like dominoes

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We haven't seen anything like this at all here in the UK yet, but I'm wondering why 72 hours?
Counts down from 72 - 0, then the lights go off?
Then from 0-72?
What are they expecting and how do they know it will last 72 hours?
It's all well and good when you have a lot of land around towns like in Canada and the US, but here in the UK lands a bit of a premium and a luxury, people wouldn't know what to do even if a Sit-X manual came up and bit them on the ass.
They didn't say what kind of emergency they were anticipating, leaving the home in the event of Nuclear or Biological attack would be the worst thing a family could do. Even if there are riots happening due to 'economic crisis' it would be better to stay at home unless its on fire of course.
Just reminds me of back in the ye olde' days of threatened Russian nuclear attack, hide under your table and pray.....

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
this TV commercial has been going for a while now

Since the "72 Hours...Is Your Family Prepared?" campaign was launched in November 2006, over one million people have visited the www.GetPrepared.ca website, and more than 2.5 million Emergency Preparedness Guides have been distributed throughout Canada; even more have been accessed through 1-800 O Canada or downloaded from the website.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In general they state 72 hours because that's 3 days. They figure, on average, that's how long it's going to take for the power to be turned on, help to arrive, etc.

And yes, we have FEMA doing the same type of ads here in the US. They've been doing it more often since Katrina.

Personally, I don't think 72 hours is enough. But most of the folks here would agree with me because we know better!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yeah, i've seen them too. It was on SRC, the french version of CBC. It's been going on and off for a few years.

My girlfriend told me she taught that the timing for those ads was strange ... she told me ... " maybe they know something that we don't"

and I taught I was the one in the couple that was paranoid ...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
It makes you wonder what is supposedly going to happen since that prepardness commercial began playing for the past little while, and with great frequency too I might add.... at least here in the prairies anyway.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
We haven't seen anything like this at all here in the UK yet,

A few years ago the UK Govt did this mail shot to every household in the UK.
Govt advice

I think this info was released around 2004.
Still a good read and a good way to start but it is very limited.

new topics

top topics

join