It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Lost Tribes Of Israel: Have They Been Found?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wondering where the 10 lost tribes of Israel went has always been a fascinating subject for me to read about:

A few months ago I was googling information about the 10 lost tribes - reading different websites and viewpoints; I came across the usual "British-Israel" doctrine wherein they proclaim they're the lost house of Israel; I seen all the different websites/sources from groups all over the world claiming to be the lost Israelites; from the "Black Hebrews" to the "British-Israelites", and so forth. I've seen sources that claim the lost Israelites are the Turks, or that they're in Iran, and in parts of Afghanistan - but one website in particular stood out to me. The website claims the lost 10 tribes have been found. The group's mission statement reads:

Brit-Am is an organization centered in Jerusalem capital of Israel and comprised of Jews and non-Jews. Brit-Am traces the Lost Ten Tribes to Western Nations. The evidence that Brit-Am relies upon is Biblical in the light of Rabbinical Commentary supplemented by secular studies. Brit-Am avoids the discussion of religious differences between Judah (the present-day Jews) and the Lost Ten Tribes represented by "Joseph". Brit-Am has three main aims: Research -finding where the Lost Ten Tribes went to. Revelation -Publicizing the Results of our Research. Reconciliation - Working towards the eventual re-unification of Joseph and Judah.

It's such a huge website, with SO much information regarding the lost tribes, that it took me a few months to read through - and is different imo for the simple fact that the webmaster is Jewish, who presents his information from his side; in other words, he's not a Brit claiming that the Brit's are the lost Israelites because he IS British. His work seems to be unbiased, and I get the impression he formed his conclusions on tons of years of research. I'm not saying I believe his theory that the Anglo-Saxons are of Lost Israel, just to clear that up - only that it's a fresh and interesting perspective.

Could it be those great European migrations were the direct effect of wandering Israelites flowing into Europe? Yair Davidy, webmaster of that website thinks so. It's a massive site with loads of information, but highly recommended reading.....even if you don't believe his theory.

What are your thoughts on The Lost 10 Tribes Of Israel? Do you believe they still exist, and if so, where, and WHO are they today?

Referenced website: britam.org...

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Though this is a oft discussed topic, it is very interesting also.

The wikipedia page on the Lost Tribes gives a un-biased report on the subject.

Lost Tribes of Israel

Follow the Links for the Different groups claiming descent from the Lost Tribes ...

Many groups claim descent from specific Lost Tribes but preliminary scientific evidence such as Y-DNA testing, specifically Haplogroup J would exclude many of them. Some of these groups include:

Bene Ephraim (from southern India) - claim descent from the Tribe of Ephraim
Bnei Menashe (from northeast India) - claim descent from the lost Tribe of Manasseh
Beta Israel, also known as Falashas - Ethiopian Jews some of whom claim descent from the lost Tribe of Dan
Persian Jews (especially the Bukharan Jews) claim descent from the Tribe of Ephraim
Igbo Jews of Nigeria claim descent variously from the tribes of Ephraim, Menasseh, Levi, Zebulun and Gad
The Nasranis of Malabar, India are of Hebrew or Israelite heritage but not much is known of their past, making itdifficult to be certain that they are also descended from the 'Lost Tribes'. (Ref. Dr. Asahel Grant's 'The Nestorians or the Lost Tribes of Israel' for more about the Nazarenes and Nestorians).

en.wikipedia.org...

I am a Nazrani, as pointed out in the last portion of the above quote. But i dont think, i got any connection to the lost tribes. perhaps i need to get my DNA tested.

There are good chances for The Lemba Tribe, for whom DNA Evidence show good percentage similarity with the Israelites.

According to recent genetic research, a study from 1996 suggested that more than 50% of the Lemba Y chromosomes are Semitic in origin;[11] a subsequent study in 2000 reported more specifically that a substantial number of Lemba men carry a particular polymorphism on the Y chromosome known as the Cohen modal haplotype, which is indicative of Y-DNA Haplogroup J found amongst some Jews, and in other populations across the Middle East.[12]

One particular sub-clan within the Lemba, the Buba clan, is considered by the Lemba to be their priestly clan, while among Jews, the Kohanim are the priestly clan. The Buba clan carried most of the Cohen modal haplotypes found in the Lemba. Among Jews the marker is also most prevalent among Jewish Kohanim, or priests. As recounted in Lemba oral tradition, the Buba clan "had a leadership role in bringing the Lemba out of Israel" and into Southern Africa.[13]

However, since 34.2% of men in the Yemen also have 5/6 matches or closer to the 6-marker CMH tested, [14] despite being found not to be closely related when more microsatellite markers are taken into account,[15] more Y-STR markers would need to be tested in order to verify the reality of whether the Lemba Y-chromosomes are indeed more closely related to Jewish Cohens rather than other possible semitic ancestors such as the Yemenis.

en.wikipedia.org...

have a nice read.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Manwin

Manwin,
I have first-hand knowledge of Jewish culture, since I have friends and acquaintances who are Jewish. I'm also an amateur geneologist and anthropologist, so I'm familiar with my own ethnic roots in Europe.

The Diaspora of the Jews in Palestine took place after Jesus was crucified, probably to prevent continued uprisings of Jews in Palestine. By 150 BCE, there were Jews in Rome. Then they were forced as slaves across Europe to what would become Normandy and England by the time Caesar invaded England. The Romans left England in about the 5th Century shortly before the Dark Ages. The Jews stayed where they were and became a distinct culture in England. Edward the First banished Jews from England in about 1190 AD. The Jews converted to Catholicism or were hounded until they did.

To this day, the Jews' genetic legacy is still found in England by the DNA haplogroups and haplotypes still common in the Middle East. For example, Richard Hildreth, my immigrant ancestor, had the Y-dna haplotype G2A because one of his male descendants has his DNA analyzed at www.FamilyTreeDNA.com. G2A originated in the Middle East, not Europe. Richard has no known ancestry in England. Did he know he has Jewish ancestors? The question will go unanswered, since if Richard knew, he took it with him to the grave. I have other English ancestors with Middle-Eastern-specific haplotypes.

To answer your question, the 10 to 12 Tribes of Israel are spread all over Europe and elsewhere by now. All that's left is some of their genes in present-day populations. Even the name of Abraham means in English, "Father of Many Children", figuratively. He has about 2,000,000,000 descendants as Christians, Muslims and other religionists in many different races and ethnic groups.

A search of the Internet using keywords such as "diaspora" and "genetic origins Jews" would generate more information.

Disclaimer:
I'm not bashing any religion, culture or ethnic group. I merely state an opinion from years of personal research experience.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Interesting links coredrill. I recently came across this letter. I don't know the authenticity of it, but found it interesting none the less.

"Areus king of the Lacedemonians, to Onias [the Jewish high priest], sendeth greeting; we have met with a certain writing, whereby we have discovered that both the Jews and the Lacedemonians are of one stock, and are derived from the kindred of Abraham. It is but just, therefore, that you, who are our brethren, should send to us about any of your concerns as you please. We will also do the same thing, and esteem your concerns as our own; and will look upon our concerns as in common with yours. Demoteles, who brings you this letter, will bring your answer back to us. This letter is foursquare: and the seal is an eagle, with a dragon [a serpent] in its claws"

www.ucg.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
very interesting information.

from the page you have linked, the last paragraph says

When the New Testament uses the term Greeks, it is clearly referring to gentiles—non-Israelites. Of course, this is mainly because all people who weren’t Israelite were considered "Greek"—the Greek language and culture having been spread throughout the known world. Furthermore, by the time the New Testament was written, most of the Danaans of Greece and nearby lands had migrated elsewhere
www.ucg.org...

Where did the Danaans mingrate to??

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I personally think the "black hebrews" (although I don't think they were black, as in black people, i think they were just dark people) are the real lost Israelites I don't want to post all my thoughts on it now but I will at another time... although I don't like them I've seen few of them in new york (atleast thats what they were calling themselves) and they were extremely racist.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jouseroni]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi/

I think maybe people should take a look at THISLink as I believe they both talk about Heritage...
Just a suggestion..

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Quick post, maybe more elaboration later.

There never were 12 Tribes of Israel. A charming mythology with not a grain of historical evidence. A well documented division of Judea and Samaria. That's it.

There must be a dozen places in the Middle East and Africa claiming a Lost Tribe lineage. It's somewhat sad the tribes like the Lemba picking up on missionary Bible tales and adopting an identity that makes them feel connected to Judeo-Christianity.

Mike

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The tribes of the house of Israel spread across the world before the rise of rabbinical Jewdiasm to full power.

Its unlikely that the bloodlines remain "pure", it is more likely that there is a lot of "diluted Jewish" blood running in a lot of supposedly gentile people.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of Alan Wilson and his research ?

The Nation of Khumry, misnamed as the "Welsh", are reliably traced back in time and distance as the "lost" Ten Tribes of Israel. Before they arrived in Canaan to found Israel, they were in Egypt. The Ark of the Covenant was brought into Britain by the migrating Khumry people around 500 BC. It is still here today and has been located.

Source

I watched a 2 hour interview with him on "EdgeTV" and found it truly fascinating, He makes lots of claims regarding our hidden history.....

Although i wouldn't know if he is right or not he was very convincing.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Has anyone heard of Alan Wilson and his research ?
I watched a 2 hour interview with him on "EdgeTV" and found it truly fascinating, He makes lots of claims regarding our hidden history.....

Although i wouldn't know if he is right or not he was very convincing.

I ignore TV documentaries. Have know producers. Almost all pseudohistory with a contrived selling hook.

If one is interest in Hebrew and Middle Eat history, the works of modern biblical scholars like Thomas L. Thomson are essential. Start with his
"The Bible in History: How Writers Create a Past"

Religiously bent scholars have invented a past that was never. The Bible is a fascinating conglomeration of Babylonian, Assyrian, Egyptian, etc stories that the nomadic Hebrews revised to create a glorious past of intrigues, Kings and armies.

It reflects well on their creativity, but as history it's not much more than legends.

Mike

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jouseroni
I personally think the "black hebrews" (although I don't think they were black, as in black people, i think they were just dark people) are the real lost Israelites I don't want to post all my thoughts on it now but I will at another time... although I don't like them I've seen few of them in new york (atleast thats what they were calling themselves) and they were extremely racist.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by jouseroni]

You, sir, are correct. I've done the research myself. And yes the racists, confused ones on NY corners don't represent them in the purest truth, but they are too.

Ruben = Seminole Indians (Muskogee).
Simeon = Dominicans of Hispanola.
Levi = Haitians.
Judah = African Americans.
Dan = Cubans.
Naphtali = Argentineans & Chileans.
Gad = Native Americans.
Asher = Incas.
Issachar = Aztec Indians and other Mexicans.
Zebulon = Mayan Indians and other inhabitants of countries from Guatemala to Panama.
Ephraim & Manasseh = Taino & Boriqua Indians and other Puerto Ricans
Benjamin = Carribe, Cibao, Arrowack, and other inhabitants of Guyana and the West Indies.

authenticjews.com
hebrewisraelites.org

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah
You, sir, are correct. I've done the research myself. And yes the racists, confused ones on NY corners don't represent them in the purest truth, but they are too.

Levi = Haitians.
Dan = Cubans.
Gad = Native Americans.
Asher = Incas.
Zebulon = Mayan Indians and other inhabitants of countries from Guatemala to Panama.
Benjamin = Carribe, Cibao, Arrowack, and other inhabitants of Guyana and the West Indies.

Sounds like some of the Mormon invented history. Not a shred of evidence supporting any of this.

Children's literature stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by TravisYah

Levi = Haitians.
Dan = Cubans.
Gad = Native Americans.
Asher = Incas.

Sounds like some of the Mormon invented history. Not a shred of evidence supporting any of this.

Children's literature stuff.

I see you quoted everything except the two bold links I posted. I posted those links for a reason, but you don't want proof, you just hate that this could be the truth. If you would have read those links (which you couldn't have since you wouldn't be finished until a few hours later, and I just posted that post a few seconds ago), you would have seen "proof". Mormon? Mormon, Scientology, etc. are all big jokes, we can both agree on that, this has NOTHING to do with Mormon stuff. At LEAST try to read the links and get a clue. The truth hurts, but you can't deny it. You can spit on the truth and call it children's literature (whatever the hell that means) all you want, it actually doesn't change the truth.

You can't seriously be suggesting that if I convert to Judaism right now my bloodline will automatically turn into of one of the tribe's, right? A cat could convert to Judaism, does that mean anything at all? I really don't know why the "Jews" have plagiarized the name of the real Hebrew Israelites, who, indeed, are LOST right now... do you see the Judaism-practitioners lost? It's a large scheme, I will post an insightful story so that you can start to learn the truth, in my next post. You've either been indoctrinated, or simply possess vehemence to the idea that these people could indeed be of the tribes, which they fit the circumstances and descriptions dictated by the prophecies clearly well. You're indoctrinated with man-made fiction.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by TravisYah]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
www.israelitechat.com...

Article by Shayah Yasharel
Date: 08/07/05

The slave trade is an event in "history" which most all "so-called" black people can relate to. It is an event which we are slowly failing to remember and which our children almost know nothing about. To most of US the smiling white faces and bonded freedom seems to diminish the evil these people did to our great grandparents 3,4,5 and more generations down the line. We are manipulated into believing the slave trade was due to "THEIR" ancestors and they are not the same, all of a sudden we should "turn the other cheek" and forgive them and they want to live with us as "one". This is all a bigger conspiracy than most could imagine and a lie that could prove catastrophic for Israel if it was not for YAH.

The slave trade was no coincidence or mistake , when they landed on the coasts of africa they knew exactly who they were coming for and they along with the arab muslims accomplished their goal.

We should all understand that we were taken into captivity because of our sins and those of our forefathers by the Hand of YAH, but its also important for us to know our enemy and their personal agenda which caused them to move against us in the manner in which they did...

Let us as the TRUE HEBREW ISRAELITES realize this was our inheritance as descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Their great wealth and power came from OUR possesions , OUR forefathers treasure. We should have had the wealth and knowlege and all nations should be coming to US and not US to them! As Isaiah 60:9 states, they will return US and OUR GOLD!
more at link

[edit on 22/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
[removed excessive quote of external content]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
[removed excessive quote of external content]

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
taken from www.israelitechat.com...
2nd line

Keep in mind that I am a WHITE man. I just refuse to follow lies anymore.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by TravisYah]

Mod edit: fixed link

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
very interesting information.

from the page you have linked, the last paragraph says

When the New Testament uses the term Greeks, it is clearly referring to gentiles—non-Israelites. Of course, this is mainly because all people who weren’t Israelite were considered "Greek"—the Greek language and culture having been spread throughout the known world. Furthermore, by the time the New Testament was written, most of the Danaans of Greece and nearby lands had migrated elsewhere
www.ucg.org...

Where did the Danaans mingrate to??

That's a good question. The webmaster at Britam.org covers that exact subject at length if I remember correctly. He spends some time on the Greeks, although I can't find any particulars on the Danaans (there is so much to the website).

What I like about Britam.org is that the man is an expert on the Hebrew language and has written numerous books over the years, backed by linguistic and archaeological evidence to support his theory. The best part of his website is the archaeological section. He speculates sometimes, but very little. And of course, if you believe in it, he also uses biblical proofs. It's compelling information. I've ran across a lot of ethnic-centric websites and groups claiming to be "the lost Israelites," but the webmaster for the link I provided has the most research & information regarding the lost tribes compared to other sources, backed by years and years of research. It doesn't hurt that he's Jewish either; he's by far more objective than most other sources.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by Manwin]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Hi/

I think maybe people should take a look at THISLink as I believe they both talk about Heritage...
Just a suggestion..

ICXN
helen

I have an open mind. Thanks for the link. Looks like an interesting thread. I'll give it a read.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join