It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Gold!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thank you! you think I am over reacting? I am just afraid that the cash I have accumulated won't be worth squat! I hope you are right. I have been trying to find gold when it was down to 6 or 7 but was unable, or did not trust. I don't have a lot of experience in this.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

xyankee, no one can ever have enough experience at this. This market is highly volitile right now, and I personally think the precious metal markets are way over rated and that they really are not a safe haven to put loads of money into.

Guns are the bread and butter of this world, and you seem to have a lot of guns already and you know what they are worth and what you can buy and sell them for; why go into a risky area where the precious metals dealers will want to rip you off? and so will everybody else.

Hang tight to your money and wait and see what happens to the economy, there will be tale tale signs if it really gets bad out there. The internet is a very powerful tool for the average person to keep up on the daily goings on of the government; its not like the old days of the horse and buggy. You can bet your money that the top dogs are scared of the average person having the internet, because the communication is extremely fast.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Save your money and buy a crapload of morphine **FOR MEDICINAL** uses, when the SHTF people will not only give you gold for it, but just about ANYTHING.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Jonro]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
Hang tight to your money and wait and see what happens to the economy, there will be tale tale signs if it really gets bad out there.

If it really gets bad out there ?

The 'signs' are already beyond tale-tale RS. Gold would be but one screaming indicator.

Closed at 942.70 on Friday after making a perfect bounce off the the lower trend line and convergence of the 50dma (900) - and - a near perfect 50% retracement from the move to last month's 1005.

Coiled spring with 1177 as my target for the next break above 1000 - soon.

**Never commit a serious amount of your net worth to any investment, or market sector that you don't adequately understand**

Adequate = the degree of knowledge that allows you to sleep well.

GL

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Anybody wanting to invest in Gold and Silver had better watch the following film because it tells you something about Gold and Silver that none of you are probably aware of.

If you are in a hurry, start the show at 6 minutes and 56 seconds point.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Thank you for your help, it seems you have a good idea about this whole thing, have a head on your shoulders, and know the value of guns.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Under meltdown conditions, barter, much like the current blackmarket in Gold trade - would occur regardless of regulations to the contrary - but there will be no teotwawki imo. I have always maintained that folks holding precious metals for the sole purpose of barter in an ultimate end of the world scenario will probably be disappointed - but rewarded none-the-less for having protected a % of their personal wealth - as other asset classes continue to sefl-implode. Asians have an historical grasp on this concept - a fundamental understanding lost to much of the West through decades of fiat currency worship - and blind allegience to the hegemonic benefits associated with Reserve Currency status.

The underground market in PM trading has always existed - and continues to thrive - possibly the closest thing we have to actual free market enterprise. On any given weekend in backwater motel rooms across the country, bugs gather to buy/sell - anonymously - no paperwork - no taxation - nothing changes hands but metal & cash. Regardless, I avoid 'em - prefer to trade the corrupted, officially sanctioned 'free market' exchanges...and buy/sell physical via recognized, licensed bullion dealers. I'm kinda conventional that way.

Domination of the PM market by a handful of gubmn't proxy bullion banks is well documented - painfully self-evident - but waning in effect as evidenced by glancing at a 10yr Gold chart. There is a predictable, trade-able rhythm to the machinations of the Comex Gold manipulators - specs are catching-on - and - increasingly play these capping efforts to their advantage.

The Treasury hopes to float 60BB in bond issues this week = predicable selling pressure from the usual Gold suspects = opportunity - bank on it.

GL

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonro
Save your money and buy a crapload of morphine **FOR MEDICINAL** uses, when the SHTF people will not only give you gold for it, but just about ANYTHING.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Jonro]

Yep, you can expect pharmacies to be one of the first places to have major violent looting when "it" all breaks down. Don't find yourself near a pharmacy when the riots start.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

Can anyone help me, find a gold dealer?

What do you need a gold dealer for?
There is a much better option to get gold than that ------> www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wait a bit until gold drops deeper down under $915 and then buy it from the "shrewd" investors who bought it for its peak price $975 and up as they were adviced to do so by "insightful" analysts, like that loser Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Lots of fake gold going around. If you don't know how to test it yourself, do not buy it. So that would preclude buying it any way but face to face. If you buy from dealers and wait a few months for delivery you may find you have lost half it's value before you even recieve it. I can't wait for the time when people go to sell their physical, only to find out it is fake and worthless.

Gold is a measurement of fear and right fear is heading down. So will gold.
I would buy stocks if I were you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join