It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want Gold!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I have been saving my money for a long time now. For the last year I have been trying to find a place that sells gold bouillon. I have called my bank, my finance adviser, searched the net, I have not been able to locate a reputable place to buy.

Can anyone help me, find a gold dealer?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Really you seacrched the web? what terms did you use?

Anyway search google with ... gold bullion dealers....

Kitco is a reputable company

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
try a local coin dealer

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Alternately, you could buy the things everyone will still need once the SHTF. In this way, you'll still end up with gold. Once the SHTF, I'll be selling a days worth of food for one for one ounce of gold.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Search online for banks in your area that have gold bullion to sell. Many do and will gladly get rid of it for cash right now.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
www.usagold.com...

Reputable company I have used...

If you want to save money on shipping and insurance, buy from your bank, as projectvxn reccomended. That is your best bet.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I haven't tried this place yet. I am getting ready to get some silver. They have a lot of informative articles on their site and seem to be pretty upfront with their information.

CMI Gold and Silver

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Alternately, you could buy the things everyone will still need once the SHTF. In this way, you'll still end up with gold. Once the SHTF, I'll be selling a days worth of food for one for one ounce of gold.

Well gold doesnt go bad/spoil/expire.

What kind of foods do you have and bought from that you plan on using in a barter?

What other kinds of supplies have you stocked up on and sources that you plan on using in a barter?

I mean you are right if all of society breaksdown then these items would be the true currency, but thats not likely. If the dollars collapses with out societal breakdown then gold will be the standard. Its a best to diversify.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

Don't buy gold. Buy food. The gold market is just as leveraged as the rest of the market.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ManWithGrace89

ManWithGrace89, you are correct that gold is over priced. I would not buy gold until it drops below $800 an ounce; and if times are looking worse than they are now, I would just hold onto your money and spend it on something you can enjoy.

Unless you have a safety deposit box to put your gold into, it is very tempting for anyone that knows that you have it.

I would go out and buy a gun with the money, not gold, preferably an assalt weapon, because if the new legislation goes through that bans assault weapons, then your value of your assault weapon just increased dramatically, and if the shtf then you are well prepared to take on any bad people.

Besides guns are fun to shoot.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

For the last year I have been trying to find a place that sells gold bouillon. I have called my bank, my finance adviser, searched the net,
I have not been able to locate a reputable place to buy.

you could get bullion, that will be a delayed shipment by maybe 60 days...
but first you must demand gold shipment...then you will be in the queue

Paper gold, is all you might expect at this late date, through Futures or ETFs... but be very careful to clear/sell any positions in gold before we are all informed that the paper markets in gold have long been illusionary...
i.e.: there is little/no physical bullion in the 'vaults'

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManWithGrace89
Don't buy gold. Buy food. The gold market is just as leveraged as the rest of the market.

At the risk of diverting this thread, which is not my intent, heck yeah, buy food. I couldn't care less about the preservation of wealth .. (a.k.a. greed). I am only concerned about survival, and for that I invest in food and things that manufacture what we will need to survive. I've been buying lots of freeze dried food (with a shelf life of 7-15+ years), in bulk, instead of gold. Well yeah, I have some gold, but not much, at current value it's only about $8k worth, which is nothing to speak of. At first, I bough emergency food for myself, but then I realize by buying more I can't loose, even if the price of gold should drop to zero. When the SHTF, gold will be worth zero you know, because what good will it have been to those with pockets full of gold, but are starving to death? Unless the population decreases, food will never loose value.

Really, I do not care if I loose all my hard earned wealth .. it's not worth my life. I want to survive, physically and mentally, and thus I myself will invest in anything that will insure my bodily survival. What good is wealth in your pocket if you can't spend it and there is nothing for sale?

And, for those that think buying gold will preserve your wealth for AFTER the SHTF, well, maybe you should consider buying stocks right now for pennies on the dollar if you think our present debt based economy will eventually recover. Look at the prices of some of those stocks. Many could rise 30x over a few years if the economy recovers, that that's better than gold. And, if the economy eventually recovers, gold will be going back down when those stocks will be going up up and up.

Be careful folks .. diversify your investments if survival is your goal as opposed to the preservation of fluctuating wealth.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hu xyankee. Popular, reputable online dealers include Tulving Co - Apmex. Overnight shipping & insurance included - USPS Registered. Both have investment grade Gold products available for immediate delivery. I avoid Gold/Silver 'pool accounts', i.e. Kitco.

Most of the these large dealers offer the best premiums, but often have minimum purchase requirements, at least on the more in-demand Gold products. You can buy smaller lots from smaller dealers & coin shops, but it will typically cost you more. It can pay-off to develop an ongoing relationship with local coin shops for smaller purchases - the proprietors have a degree of latitude in terms of their premiums. Make them like you!

Banks usually charge through the nose.

Send U2U if you want more detailed info.

GL

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I have a 500lbs gun safe with various guns bolted from the inside to the cement foundation, I also carry a Sig 229 side arm, I am just afraid that the money I have saved will not be worth toilet paper.

thank you all for your input! I have also asked my bank but they never got back to me, I guess I will try some other banks. I don't want to have it shipped and I don't want paper

what about platinum is this worth looking into now?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't want to purchase a lot of food right now because of the expiration date. But I have told my wife that she is responsible for the food supply. She better be on the ball cause I have been telling her, and telling her, To be ready,
She will be the first to go if we run out

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I don't want to purchase a lot of food right now because of the expiration date. But I have told my wife that she is responsible for the food supply. She better be on the ball cause I have been telling her, and telling her, To be ready,
She will be the first to go if we run out

If you want something doe right do it yourself..... especially something as critical as that. Plus does she know to buy MRE or freeze dried and other long shelf life foods?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
You are a little bit late for GOLD.
First problem, very expense and it's going up.
Second problem, if you order gold there is a waiting list of about 2 - 3 month already.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'll sell you some. At a reasonable price too!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You want to buy gold here?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
xyankee don't be to hasty to spend your money on gold or platinum, its rather high right now.

Here are some charts that may help you with your decisions.

www.kitco.com...

www.kitco.com...

www.kitco.com...

Personally I prefer 100 ounce silver bars from Englehard. They look and feel good and they sell just as fast as gold. Go to your coin shops and see who is selling gold, if you must have gold, but shop around, and watch out for the older fake gold coins that they may try to sell you.

Wait till the prices go down, they are too high right now. Buy at under $800, not above it, for gold.

Cash may be King later on just like it was in the Depression. Remember the old saying during the Depression; "Cash is King". Land was selling for a dollar an acre during the depression. So buying gold, silver or platinum is still a major risk at this point in time, because it could drop over night to nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join