It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter to Debate Bill Maher in NY, Boston and Chicago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Now this should be fun to watch. I'm not sure if it will be televised, but it will probably show up on YouTube.

newsbusters.org...

On March 10, conservative author Ann Coulter will debate liberal comedian Bill Maher at the Citi Performing Arts Center in Boston.

Sadly, the facility only seats 3,600 people, for this event, ironically organized by Madison Square Garden Entertainment, is sure to be a hot ticket given the fiery personalities involved.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Apparently, there will be a series of debates between them:

markn.tumblr.com...

Ann Coulter and Bill Maher will debate in March. The debate, titled “Humorous Perspectives, Serious Issues,” will take place in New York City, Boston and Chicago.

The Coulter and Maher debate will start in Radio City Music Hall, NY, on March 9 and travel to the Wang Center in Boston, March 10 and the Chicago Theater, March 11. Tickets range from $38-$180.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Go Ann! She shouldn't have any problem with a lightweight like Bill Maher. I wonder if Ann wipes the floor with him if it will get any media coverage at all?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I do hope that these debates get put up somewhere online, I'd think they would be great fun to watch.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This will probably not happen.

My prediction... Bill goes first... Ann starts to speak and is shouted down or sh it is thrown at her by the activist audience.

Debate over to loud cheers of those who "shut her up".

End

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ann will gaze gently into Maher's eye as he makes some obnoxious liberal point, and will continue thus as she cuts off his conjones. The only thing I would like to see more is O'Reilly and Maher.
No audience. No Bill Maher sarcistic monologue. Just a straight debate.
Now, having said that, let me say this. I don't agree with a damned thing Bill Maher says. But I will defend, to the death, his right to say it. Same goes for O'Reilly, Hannity, Coulter, Franken, and any one else out there. That's why we have an ammendment that guarntees freedom of speech.
And, man, do I hope HBO, Showtime, Fox or someone will televise this, even if it is after the fact. (By televise, I do mean, unedited.)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Cross-link to the ATS Debate Forum's hilarious take on this match-up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
How does Maher actually think he can win a debate on actual talking points?
Obviously he knows he will have to rely on his so called comedy to get some points but he must remember this is a debate not a comedy routine.
Something tells me I'll finally feel sorry for Maher about something after this.
If it goes well maybe we'll see an Obama/Rush debate.

Maybe 2009 will be the year of debates.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
How does Maher actually think he can win a debate on actual talking points?

Personally, I'd love to see this show. Maher is certainly no lightweight...but it'll take the debate to show who's boss. My son says, "You know...Bill Maher's kind of an arse." "Sure he is..." I tell him..."But he's our arse."

Let the games begin!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this is great! I tell ya I look forward to this! Should be good to see coulter actually be in a real debate.

Though I get the feeling either way for Coulter you folks wont be any different.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I sure hope you don't take this the wrong way but, that's one hell of an arse you've got there buddy.

Sure he's an arse but anyone can be an arse if they know there will be no one there to counter your points and rebut everything you happen to spew.
We are talking about an actual debate here, something completely different from his style of delivery.

Let's put it this way, he won't be able to hide behind his cheap shots.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
My son says, "You know...Bill Maher's kind of an arse." "Sure he is..." I tell him..."But he's our arse."

BTW,
something tells me your son may be trying to tell you that he does not agree with your style of politics, in his own subtle way of course.

Prepare yourself.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I find Ann Coulter to be demeaning to anyone who doesn't share her opinion and very elitist.

I will admit I biased in that I am a huge Bill Maher fan. I've seen his stand up and just went out tonight and bought & watched "Religulous." When I win the powerball I'm going downtown and pass out copies of this and "Rule by Secrecy" by Jim Marrs. It was an awesome documentary. One of the most interesting segments was in the special features. While in Rome, Bill interviews David Icke who subscribes to the reptilian conspiracy. Has this gotten so big it's considered a religon? Icke comes off sounding like a blubbering idiot or how I do to my friends after an ATS bender (daily lately lol.) Seriously, to discuss these things intelligently you need to have the backstory. That's why I love you guys so much! ::mental hug::

I don't know anything about Icke other then the little I've chosen to look at here on ATS but it sounds like a lot of his ideas are like Jim Marrs. What is truly unfortunate is that the truth about banking, elitist - NWO gets lost or written off as soon as someone hears "alien."

Finally, I can honestly say even if I wasn't a Maher fan, Anns voice would make my skin crawl.

Edit for typo

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I too hope this gets online. I would love to see these two go at it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You can't effectively debate someone who says -- in response "Well you know what-- the American people are fed up with-- they won't take it anymore, they want what they know is right, Right, RIGHT (standing up and waving to the crowd)" As they all start jumping up and down and hooting like monkeys. That's how these liberal comedians work-- they don't even give their opponents a chance to speak-- and typically the comedians don't say anything that doesn't belittle and ridicule their opponents point of view-- and somehow think (rightly so according to the audience) that because they are a comedian they don't have debate and address issues--

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro Sure he's an arse but anyone can be an arse if they know there will be no one there to counter your points and rebut everything you happen to spew....Let's put it this way, he won't be able to hide behind his cheap shots.

Coulter herself admits that what she says is meant to be 'humourous'...which is how she gets around being branded a hate-monger...by saying she was only kidding. Which is all to say that I think you'd better pay less attention to her arse, and more to what venom she is spewing under the cloak of 'Free Speech".

Maher, in turn, keeps it funny, but make no bones about the fact he isn't kidding.

Originally posted by Alxandro BTW,
something tells me your son may be trying to tell you that he does not agree with your style of politics, in his own subtle way of course.
Prepare yourself.

What? You want him mocking you now as well? Best prepare yourself.

All in good fun, dude...we both know that these guys are meant to be taken with a large grain of salt. It's bound to be a fun show.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   
While I do not like Maher, I watch Real Time every weak. The panel is usually stacked with two liberals against one conservative.
And for those of you who think Maher is a lightweight, don't underestimate him. Mahr is smart, and well informed. I just happen to think he hates America.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith Mahr is smart, and well informed. I just happen to think he hates America.

I think that makes about as much sense as somebody who criticises the government of Israel being called 'anti-semetic'. There is a difference between having an axe to grind and hating ones' country. He is a satirist and a social commentator. And he has a wicked edge to him...but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find somebody who loves his country more.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You are more than welcome to your opinion, but Maher comes across as being someone who has no respect for anyone who happens to be conservative. He has openly stated more than once, that he hates Christians (doesn't seem to have too much problem with Muslims). He supports redistribution of wealth. (Funny, all the liberals want to give away my money, but they don't want to give their own away. When Maher lives on what I make a year, we'll talk.) Without going into anymore detail, because it's late, and I'm tired, I'll just say maybe Maher doesn't hate America. But he hates everything America stands for. He hates our individuality, our sense of responsibility, and our compassion.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Short review on Monday night's Coulter-Maher debate in NYC here:

www.nytimes.com...

I still can't find any video.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join