It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter to Debate Bill Maher in NY, Boston and Chicago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Best quote, from Andrew Ferguson of The Weekly Standard:

“It’s like the Battle of Stalingrad. Any sensible person would want both of them to lose.”

[edit on March 11th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Maher comes across as being someone who has no respect for anyone who happens to be conservative.

Sorry, but even to an outside observer that's not the same as hating America...no matter what Palin said about 'real America'.

He has openly stated more than once, that he hates Christians (doesn't seem to have too much problem with Muslims).

I donno about that...I know he is an atheist, and he hates hypocracy, especially when it has been draped in a reigious veil. I'd agree he hates The Church for that same reason. (and the Muslim comment seems to show a bit of another agenda going on here)

He supports redistribution of wealth. (Funny, all the liberals want to give away my money, but they don't want to give their own away. When Maher lives on what I make a year, we'll talk.)

So, I think the day you have as sucessful a career as he does, you can aspire to his paycheck. As to redistribution of wealth...didn't Bush start the bailout? He was the guy you voted for, I'm guessing.

I'll just say maybe Maher doesn't hate America. But he hates everything America stands for. He hates our individuality, our sense of responsibility, and our compassion.

Nonsense...you're making that up. A dislike for the demonstrated ethics of Conservative America does not equate hating America. The last election should have hinted at that. Individuality? He's half Jewish and half RC, if I'm not mistaken, and he skewers anybody that's fair game. He has been bounced from a network for making remarks about responsibility that were considered incendiary. That ain't what you folks refer to as 'sheeple'.

And as generous as I try to be, when the words "conservative American' are conjoined...compassion is not the first word that comes to mind.

You know, somebody should be allowed to disagree with your politics without that making him/her and enemy of the state. Isn't that a hallmark of a totalitarian regime?

Hence...I beg to disagree...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You know, somebody should be allowed to disagree with your politics without that making him/her and enemy of the state. Isn't that a hallmark of a totalitarian regime?

That's the argument being made in regards to the Dems attacks on Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

That's the argument being made in regards to the Dems attacks on Rush Limbaugh.

Nice shot, and it gave me pause...

But...there is a distinction between the two discussions beyond the fact that I like Maher, and dislike Rush. In this thread, I disputed the statement that Maher hated everything America stands for "... He hates our individuality, our sense of responsibility, and our compassion", as well as an assertion that an attack on Conservatives equated an attack on America.

One can't equate Rush's lowest-common-denominator venting with Maher's satire and commentary. Jeez...they didn't invent the word 'dittohead' for Maher, they invented it for the bobbleheads that guzzle back Rush's vitriole without a thought.

Even Conservatives ought to know the difference. I'll accuse the Right of a whole lot, but I'm not gonna call them stoopid.

And I dispute that anything the DNC says comes outta the President's mouth...as I said in the Rush thread, even McCain separated himself from a lot of what the GOP came up with.

But a thought provoking quip from you, just the same, and I'll give you a star for moxie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join