It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tech Q and A about the Ghost rides Horse Video

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I am the camera and owner of the video clip of the "ghost riding the horse"

If you have any tech question I will do my best to answer them here.




posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings
 


Hi rarewings


How many cuts were made to that tape and is there a chance that the master is of better quality than what we have at the moment to work with?



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings
 


you fooled a lot of people my freind , kudos to you, btw hows the wee lad doin ?



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty
reply to post by rarewings
 


you fooled a lot of people my freind , kudos to you, btw hows the wee lad doin ?


Erm, this is meant a tech Q&A. So why are you casting subtle insults at the OP, instead of constructive and relevant dialogue?

If you want to debunk, then there is already a thread established where you can insult and debunk until your heart's content.



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings
 


In terms of time frame for the original uncut piece of tape, how long after switching on the camera, do you think the rocking horse started it's paranormal show?



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   


How many cuts were made to that tape and is there a chance that the master is of better quality than what we have at the moment to work with?


It was cut for time, before and after. The camera ran through-out playtime, dinner and then bathtime. I would say the camera was on a good 60 minutes.

Yes the Master has to be better. The DVD I have is better than the little video you guys are watching on Youtube.

I will be going through tape this weekend if my Ebay shows up.
Straight from the Camera to my computer! Were we all can look it over!


[edit on 6-3-2009 by rarewings]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by rarewings]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by rarewings]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by rarewings]



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by branty
 





you fooled a lot of people my freind , kudos to you, btw hows the wee lad doin ?


Like it has been said, this is a Tech Q and A. the other forum started by DancedWithWolves is where this comment should be.



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
reply to post by rarewings
 


In terms of time frame for the original uncut piece of tape, how long after switching on the camera, do you think the rocking horse started it's paranormal show?



I dont remember for sure but I think there was more movement in the begining of the tape. But we were closer to the bedroom after dinner. Playing in the frontroom and taking a bath.



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rarewings
 


Hi -

Could you check your email - I just sent you a message I need your input on. Yes it's regarding the video so this is not an off topic post. You don't have u2u on here yet I don't think so I am relaying a message from ATS. Let me know.


Peace



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves
 


email with answer have been sent......


I think all these electrons are getting mad with all the poking



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I got a tech question, though I don't know who could asnwer it.

I have read of some claiming the word wire/liar sounded like it's shouted in another room and others claim it sounded as if whispered really close to the camera.

I first heard it as whispered and thought how can any sane mind say that it was shouted. Then I watched the video again later that night and heard it totally different. Much like a shout in another room. After watching it several times in disbelief, I refreshed the video it was back to whispering.

How the hell is that even possible? I couldn't believe I had heard it two completely different ways. I actually thought the video was edited and then reuploaded until I refreshed it.

Are youtube videos converted into an flv on the fly from the video's native format? What could cause such a thing to happen?



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Man I wish you had u2u - please check your email - again - I am the ATS carrier pigeon.

Also - I got this before I relayed your response to the first question so just let me know.

Sorry all to take up thread space.

Peace.



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soboro
I got a tech question, though I don't know who could asnwer it.

I have read of some claiming the word wire/liar sounded like it's shouted in another room and others claim it sounded as if whispered really close to the camera.

I first heard it as whispered and thought how can any sane mind say that it was shouted. Then I watched the video again later that night and heard it totally different. Much like a shout in another room. After watching it several times in disbelief, I refreshed the video it was back to whispering.

How the hell is that even possible? I couldn't believe I had heard it two completely different ways. I actually thought the video was edited and then reuploaded until I refreshed it.

Are youtube videos converted into an flv on the fly from the video's native format? What could cause such a thing to happen?



I don't know all the answers on this one but let me give me two cents.
my son coverted the video from DVD to ??? and uploaded it to Youtube. I know youtube uses flv for all videos and i CAN'T see anyway that it would be convert on the fly as you watch it. Also the sound is compressed and less quality on these videos.

Internet speed, Youtube traffic could all have some effect on the sound/video quality that you get on your side of the screen.

I have heard the wire/liar and I know what and where it what was said, that being said it NEVER sounds like a whisper to me, it was shouted from the kitchen.

We are working at getting the orginal or at least the DVD copy onto a sight where the sound and picture will be better.



posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rarewings

Originally posted by Soboro
I got a tech question, though I don't know who could asnwer it.

I have read of some claiming the word wire/liar sounded like it's shouted in another room and others claim it sounded as if whispered really close to the camera.

I first heard it as whispered and thought how can any sane mind say that it was shouted. Then I watched the video again later that night and heard it totally different. Much like a shout in another room. After watching it several times in disbelief, I refreshed the video it was back to whispering.

How the hell is that even possible? I couldn't believe I had heard it two completely different ways. I actually thought the video was edited and then reuploaded until I refreshed it.

Are youtube videos converted into an flv on the fly from the video's native format? What could cause such a thing to happen?



I don't know all the answers on this one but let me give me two cents.
my son coverted the video from DVD to ??? and uploaded it to Youtube. I know youtube uses flv for all videos and i CAN'T see anyway that it would be convert on the fly as you watch it. Also the sound is compressed and less quality on these videos.

Internet speed, Youtube traffic could all have some effect on the sound/video quality that you get on your side of the screen.

I have heard the wire/liar and I know what and where it what was said, that being said it NEVER sounds like a whisper to me, it was shouted from the kitchen.

We are working at getting the orginal or at least the DVD copy onto a sight where the sound and picture will be better.


It was converted to AVI, I think its just their minds playing tricks on people. I always have clearly heard it as a yell but that could just be me. I dont think youtube could convert it on the fly for every refresh as that would take ages to load.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soboro
I got a tech question, though I don't know who could asnwer it.

I have read of some claiming the word wire/liar sounded like it's shouted in another room and others claim it sounded as if whispered really close to the camera.

I first heard it as whispered and thought how can any sane mind say that it was shouted. Then I watched the video again later that night and heard it totally different. Much like a shout in another room. After watching it several times in disbelief, I refreshed the video it was back to whispering.



This is a bit weird, unless I am mistaking you for another poster, this has been said by at least one other person? Did you post this in the other related thread? If no, then that is indeed interesting.



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rarewings

I dont remember for sure but I think there was more movement in the begining of the tape. But we were closer to the bedroom after dinner. Playing in the frontroom and taking a bath.


*double take* you mean, there's more footage of movement????????



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It's totally people's minds messing with them. Most of them didn't even think it was a whisper until they read a post that said it was, and listened to it again and suddenly they too heard a whisper.

Anyway, I briefly tried to find the specs for the cam online, but didn't have much luck. I'm assuming it was recorded with a camera-mounted mic. My questions are:

1. What kind of pickup pattern does the camera-microphone have, i.e., omni-directional/cardioid/super-cardioid, etc.

2. Is the microphone mono or stereo, and which was the original footage recorded in?


Thanks!



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teebs
It's totally people's minds messing with them. Most of them didn't even think it was a whisper until they read a post that said it was, and listened to it again and suddenly they too heard a whisper.

Anyway, I briefly tried to find the specs for the cam online, but didn't have much luck. I'm assuming it was recorded with a camera-mounted mic. My questions are:

1. What kind of pickup pattern does the camera-microphone have, i.e., omni-directional/cardioid/super-cardioid, etc.

2. Is the microphone mono or stereo, and which was the original footage recorded in?


Thanks!



It was recorded with a Sony Handcam Early 90 model (I am thinking CCDF33 Model but not 100% sure)

1. I wouldn't know but I am think the camera mic would be have a pick-up area pointing in the direction of the lens? Why have an omni-directional so all you would hear the the camera operator?

2. I would think the camera is recording in mono since this wasn't a high-dollar camera.

I think there is more movement in the video, remember this camera didn't have a crystal clear 4 inch view screen. If we can still get something off off the orgianl tape and get it into digital format there might ALOT on there!



posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Couple questions...

Why have the date time stamp on the entire time until the filming of the horse by itself? Why did you turn the date time stamp off?

Also, why did you move the horse from where it was previously? And, for what reason did you put it right where it was?

*edit* Also it was stated that this was a "test run" for when you were actually going to set it up to catch the kid doing things he wasn't supposed to. I'm curious as to why a test run was needed? Surely looking through the viewfinder and pressing record could not be that difficult to need a test run? What exactly were you testing?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just some persistent questions that I have that don't seem to be satisifactorily if at all answered in the other thread.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Pimpish]



posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimpish
Couple questions...

Why have the date time stamp on the entire time until the filming of the horse by itself? Why did you turn the date time stamp off?

Also, why did you move the horse from where it was previously? And, for what reason did you put it right where it was?

*edit* Also it was stated that this was a "test run" for when you were actually going to set it up to catch the kid doing things he wasn't supposed to. I'm curious as to why a test run was needed? Surely looking through the viewfinder and pressing record could not be that difficult to need a test run? What exactly were you testing?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just some persistent questions that I have that don't seem to be satisifactorily if at all answered in the other thread.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Pimpish]


Date/time stamp is a simple thing to turn on or off with the camera. the reasonit is off? I have no reason. Maybe didn't want the whole frame taken up with the time stamp. Maybe hit the wrong button. Out of the 4 DVD's of moives I have, less than half have the time stamp on them.

Moved the horse with other things in the room all the time. More toy more stuff. BUT the many reason for the horse and camera location is the frame of the shot.
I thought if I could catch my son riding the horse instead of sleeping (and this was more during nap time not ALWAYS at night) I could get this on AFV.
1. If i placed the camera looking at the horse and towards his bed then I would get him but not much of me catching him.
2. If I placed the camera on the outside wall facing the door and horse then I would get a better video of me and him simple as that.

Test run.... I was not a camera expert, didn't know how long it would run, if it would stay in focus. I had batteries only no AC power so I was giving it a test, then was going to show the wife and see what she thought.


[edit on 8-3-2009 by rarewings]




top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join