It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.A.T.S trouble ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
hey guys i just realized that i cannot get into the "rats" section of abovetopsecret.com it keeps coming up with a error "404" message i went over a mates house and the same thing happened. we both do not have any blocking software on our computers. Can anyone help with this ?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bfitz92

You have to purchase access to RATS.

I think it is 5000 points for initial access and 250 points per month for continued access.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
You need 5000 points to be able to access rats..

Although, in my experience in the past (with another account) It was not worth the points at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Oh alright , that seems like a bit of trouble to go to. you wouldnt know what the reasoning is behind this would you ?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bfitz92

Oh alright , that seems like a bit of trouble to go to. you wouldnt know what the reasoning is behind this would you ?

To keep out the Riff-raff, old chum.

Does anyone know if it's worth buying into? Sounds pretty good to me.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Really Not Worth it !!

Trust me lol

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

To keep out the Riff-raff, old chum. Does anyone know if it's worth buying into? Sounds pretty good to me.

i tried RATS out, i managed to get 5000 points by following ATS on Twitter, look for the links about that....

and am now going to cancel my subscription

no further comments

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiAliens

Originally posted by bfitz92

To keep out the Riff-raff, old chum.

Does anyone know if it's worth buying into? Sounds pretty good to me.

It really isnt all that exciting.

I mean, Dont get me wrong there are a few interesting threads but most are not. Alot have to do with drug usage, although that may change with the crackdown on drug releated posts and threads.

Let me put it this way. I have acess to RATS. I have been there mabye ten times since I joined and I have posted a response there MABYE 3 times...

Not much is going on there.

I guess in a way its worth the 5000 points just for the access but do not expect much...

I spent my 5000 points and for some reason I am glad I did even though I never go there. It is worth it for the occasional gem.

Should you spend the 5000 to gain access? I say yes.... just do not expect too much.

If you ask around probably 90-95% will say it isnt worth it.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'd say that if you're really interested in reading and researching stuff on ATS rather than discussing current topics, RATS is worth it. Some of the older threads are definitely good reads.

I really hoped that maybe with the introduction of the Narcotics Conspiracy forum so that legitimate drug-related topics could be addressed outside of RATS, RATS would get more use as a real hardcore conspiracy-theory corner of ATS. A place for looking past the stuff that Alex Jones and David Icke write up that's spread all over the internet (nothing wrong with this, but no need to keep it from the prying eyes of search engines either) and into more risky thought.

But we saw how well the Narcotics Conspiracy Forum worked

I still hope that maybe in a little while the NC forum can be revived and RATS will get a new wind. But for now, look into the archives there for the best stuff.

Oh, and part of the reasoning behind requiring a buy-in for the RATS forum is to keep the threads there safe from the various web spiders that crawl around and keep track of things for search engines. RATS is the place to post if you want to blow the whistle on something and not have it hit the top Google spot in 24 hours; the rest of ATS does an amazing job of getting our words out to the public.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You could also track down Bin Laden, i bet that would get you access!
There sa few other posts on how to get on r.a.t.s.

new topics

top topics

join