It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Brits Could Die In Summer Heatwave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Its not fair. I'm jealous.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am British 'not because of choice' I will admit I am ready for the heat! bring on the sunshine.

I can understand the PTB wanting an emergency action plan, why? It's easy not because the direct effect of the heat. It's the not so direct link with a highly increased amount of beer being drunk.

Having worked in security and alongside law enforcement I can assure you all that the country will be rocking when the mercury rises.

I have a built in fail safe I drink as much beer as possible whatever the weather, it sure helps.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If the weather does come i will be able to lose more weight. Lost about 4 stone last year, and there was no real heat, and if it does get warm, i should be able to lose some more.

Some positives there then.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Bring on the heat.....

I think it's great we may get some hot weather...
I'm fair haired and skinned and still excited by this "possible" heatwave... still won't believe it til it's here though.

The last couple of cloudy summers have been crap....like really rubbish.
I say on with the heatwave !!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i think you screwed up the thread title, it should read

"10,000 BRITS COULD DIE [size=1.5]of shock IN SUMMER HEATWAVE"

[edit on 11/3/09 by pieman]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It is Britain - there will be some sunshine - but lots of grey skys and wet days - there is no "hose pipe ban" yet - so they are not expecting anything above normal !

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well us healthy folk may rejoice at the prospect of a hot summer, but it's the elderly that will suffer. Yes, there is AC but a vast majority of buildings do NOT have AC.

So whilst you gleefully look forward to a heat wave, please have some consideration for the people who REALLY will be at risk.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Cant see there been a big heatwave this year for the uk, my long range forecast would be cool and below average rainfall this summer the way things are at the moment but leading into a very cold winter 09/10

top topics

<< 1   >>

join