It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was Not special....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
....So why is it that some revere him as GOD? Jesus taught he was the son of God. So why is it that some people worship the image of Jesus (man) and worship Jesus before God? Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

Okay I know I know. You are now going to say that you worship a man because Jesus was a man in the image of GOD. So what does GOD look like?

Furthemore if Jesus was the one and only son of God, then that would make his father the great architect of the universe would it not?

So if Jesus was just a man and only a man, what makes you think that worshipping this man would save you? Why not save yourselves?

Finally, Julius Caesar declared himself as a GOD and had a son named Caesarion who was hailed King of Kings and Lord of Lords. So, how do you know that you are not worshipping this man? He did in fact come around the same time as Jesus Christ. While humanity has been around long before that. So that would make his father Julius Caesar the great architect of the Universe? LOL I think not.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Okay I know I know. You are now going to say that you worship a man because Jesus was a man in the image of GOD. So what does GOD look like?

Well it's certainly not a woman, whos image was woman in? one wonders. If god as it's claimed, made man in his own image, then clearly god looks like a man.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
First and foremost we will never know the truth of it all anyway.
This inherent flaw is the objective of the matter.
Belief is only a part of the equation.
The missing part is FAITH.
FAITH is what makes the religious equation complete.
The teachings of CHRIST are guidelines, meant to inspire people to do good in the world. Even though I personally do not believe int he church as a whole or in organized religion, this does not preclude me from learning something from it.
The lesson is to be HUMAN. The lesson is to be kind to others. All of the worshiping aspect can go out the window. That is the control. that is where organized religion and the church embeds their own agendas.

JESUS CHRIST from my perspective may have very well existed.
I will listen to his word and try to live as the MAN suggested we should. With respect for my fellow MANKIND.
I will also show faith and respect for the ARCHITECT and CREATOR of the universe we live in.
Why?
Because I do not have all of the answers. But I do have common sense.
Somehow, something had to get the ball rolling on the universe.
WHO, WHAT, or HOW is something I doubt humanity will ever answer.
At some point you need to make a leap of faith.
It's the only way to get somewhere you could have never gone before.

JESUS, savior, prophet, teacher, carpenter, man, preacher, human, son.
Pick your Noun.
Anyone willing to die just to get their point across is pretty special to me.
But again this requires faith.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You are assuming people idolized him. They don't. Worshiping is a very humble activity.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
People do idolize him.

Why?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe have a look at this thread posted less than 1 day ago regarding another downplaying of Jesus' importance:

Jesus giving his life is no big sacrifice

Rather than copying & pasting my reply - read through those posts for more on both sides of the discussion. My opnion carries over.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Could not help but notice way too many jesus topics , if , and what if , and how come. Is this a normal occurrence or am i seeing a distinct pattern here, or maybe im just paranoid.
But in all honesty, if you or others have so many questions on such an epic topic, i would suggest you yourself research the matter, rather than expecting a post to answer what all humans have been pondering of the century's.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
....So why is it that some revere him as GOD? Jesus taught he was the son of God. So why is it that some people worship the image of Jesus (man) and worship Jesus before God? Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

If this helps, Jesus was like a regular person, outside of the virgin birth, for the most part, until he was baptized by John the Baptist. At that point, is when the Holy Spirit descended upon him. Hence the Holy Trinity, of Father, Son, Holy Ghost. All 3 became 1.

By the way, I don't believe in the worship of images, either.

So if Jesus was just a man and only a man, what makes you think that worshipping this man would save you? Why not save yourselves?

See answer above!

Jesus also said that there is no way to God, except through him. That is where faith comes in.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Sorry, but virgin births are impossible. That is unless of course he was born of a hermaphrodite. Faith? Yeah lots of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Furthemore if Jesus was the one and only son of God, then that would make his father the great architect of the universe would it not?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by 12.21.12]

God is an entity, an all encompassing spirit. God is not a Man nor a Woman, but rather God is ALL.

Jesus was a Mortal Man on Earth, but once he became Resurrected he was then, and only then, recognized as a Spiritual extension of God.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I was just answering your questions.

Whether or not you believe in virgin birth is up to you.

Personally, I don't think anything is impossible.

Edit to add:

I've actually known a person who did not have sex, but fooled around by way of heavy petting with no penetration, and got pregnant with her hymen intact, making her a virgin when she got pregnant. So, like I say, nothing is impossible.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Sorry, but virgin births are impossible. That is unless of course he was born of a hermaphrodite. Faith? Yeah lots of it.

So says you. I assume that you are the authoritative one who knows every mystery and unknown within our Universe? There seems to be little point in arguing with you, as your mind remains closed like a Clam Shell.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
No but if a virgin birth is not impossible.
Prove it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
God made Jesus to atone for the sins of all of humanity

He's part of the Christian trinity (The Father, The Son and the "Holy Spirit")

I'm convinced that he's merely a metaphor, and not a real human.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Prove it.

Look back at my post. I edited it.

My friend was 15 at the time, and did not know she was pregnant, because she had not had intercourse.

Good swimmers will find a way, I guess if they are determined to.

Other than giving her phone number to you, I can't prove it. All I'm saying is I have seen an example. Women are considered virgins until their hymen breaks.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Jesus was not a real person. All characters in Bible are fictional. Go to [SNIP] and get out of Matrix.

Mod edit: Removed "free advertising".

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The only other way I know of Virgin births is in the case of certain abductions. This has occured to many women and is absolutely terrifying to them. What is even a bit more frightening is that so many will never even know that its happened to them.

Not to get off subject, just wanted to throw that out there.

Peace be with you.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It's all symbolic

The "virgin birth" is birth by the naive (optomistic?) Virgo. She is guided by Satan, her opposite (who is Pisces the Fish). The baby, then, is technically the "spawn of Satan."

The Little Mermaid has nothing on Virgo the Virgin

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Prove it.

Look back at my post. I edited it.

My friend was 15 at the time, and did not know she was pregnant, because she had not had intercourse.

Good swimmers will find a way, I guess if they are determined to.

Other than giving her phone number to you, I can't prove it. All I'm saying is I have seen an example. Women are considered virgins until their hymen breaks.

Yes, well once sperm penetrates the egg it is not a virgin birth. Fair enough?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Asmus

Yes. Humans have long been the subject of genetic manipulation. I would agree and would not say wether Jesus was the subject of genetic manipulation or not. I am saying simply that virgin births are impossible. Unless of course there was manipulation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join