It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS must be shut down!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm quite annoyed with myself recently, I found this site randomly while looking up a physics thing on the internet and was completely overwhelmed by it's content and for the past three of four weeks it has absorbed a lot of my spare time.

For me this is quite a nuisance as I have my final exams in three months and have done little work, people say to me "Man, just turn it off" but I say "How can I? The sheer volume of new information that can be learned from this site is incredible it'd probably benefit me more than learning about the themes in Huckleberry Finn. As well as that with so many sources claiming "THE WORLD IS ****ED!!!" and "THE ****'S REALLY GONNA HIT THE FAN ANY DAY NOW" how could anyone merely ignore it...

So for the sake of my further education I am asking that this site be shut down until the 16th of june 2009. Thank you.

Why does this site have to be so damned interesting...

:shk:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yea I lost two weeks of my life when I first stumbled on this site.

there's H.R. 34592 in the works now that is going to classify ATS as a dangerous drug and strictly prohibit it's use.

There's also ATS Anonymous for addicts who can't get enough. But just like many other paranoid groups no one knows where the meetings are.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You guys seem to have a bit of restraint...I have lost 4 years and several months since discovering this site...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The reason this site should be shut down is becasue we're all sat here, incriminating the buggery out of ourselves. All the feds have to do is tick us all onto the list for that first fema train into the mountain.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I sat down here over 2 years ago, I have not left the seat yet, I think the chair has become part of me now.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Star and flag for making me laugh out loud.

Try sifting through the archives sometime. You should have someone check on you from time to time to make sure you haven't grown into your chair.

Woman dies after years surfing ATS!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Irishwolf
Yep I too am an addict but after a few months of ATS my brain was definately on overload and I had to escape over to BTS to stay sane for a while.And I get NO housework done-----I'ts gonna cost me my marriage at this rate.Oh what the hell, if my hubbie leaves I can spend even more time doing this!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You made me smile hunny...I'm an inch shorter, with raging sciatica, and a body like a bag of potatoes since I discovered ATS and prompty failed to get out of my seat again....no exercise, no decent food most days...and I'm all crumpled up, or so it feels. Maybe we need a Wii Fit version of ATS so at least we can remember what bones and muscles are for...would someone like to suggest it to the Overlord please?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Thats all you have lost? Just a couple weeks now?

You know how much time I have spent on this site? I have been on this site ALMOST every day for atleast on hour since I first joined just over a year ago.

The info on this site, and the people that provide the info is what makes this site so great. The people and the content is addictive and that is why I cant stop comming back (not that I want to)

I love this site and I hope that some of my posts have helped encourage some one to join and participate in this great website.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Maybe we need a Wii Fit version of ATS so at least we can remember what bones and muscles are for...would someone like to suggest it to the Overlord please?

I think this is the best suggestion I've seen for the future of ATS ever.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
I sat down here over 2 years ago, I have not left the seat yet, I think the chair has become part of me now.

Uh, er...were we supposed to get out of our seats and, uh, do stuff besides surf ATS? I don't recall seeing that in the rules when I signed up. No one told me! It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There's also ATS Anonymous for addicts who can't get enough. But just like many other paranoid groups no one knows where the meetings are.

OMG!!!

Hahahahaa... I didn't expect that, you cracked me up... my ribs hurt...

... no one knows where the meetings are...

GOLD!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Ha ha! I can see it now...we'd have to do 10 minutes of yoga to check our u2u's and 20 minutes to be allowed to send one. We could earn points for jogging, and lowering our bmi, and any lapse in performance might be punished by a block on log in on for a few days....or hours...

Bad manners and sweary words would result in Mods issuing demands for 50 push ups on the spot, or those really impossible advanced stretchy yoga things that make your muscles burn....hmmm....on second thoughts....please no one mention this to the Great One.....

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

hmmm....on second thoughts....please no one mention this to the Great One.....

Too late.

Your attempts at a pre-emptive circumvention of the new policy has resulted in the issuance of a requirement for 10 push-ups. In the future, please do not assume what the "Great One" needs to know.

If you feel this action to be an error you may contact another Staff member or file a complaint/Suggestion to gain the attention of the entirety of Staff.

Thank you.

MemoryShock

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

No, NO!! I WONT DO THEM!! And you can't make me...**stamping little feet in the build up to an almighty tantrum**

I don't remember no special u2u about a change in policy, hmmm? Can you prove it? I don't think so...

So no, Caitlinfae won't be doing 10 of anythink, and no nasty yogurt poses either. Lets just all be little happy bags of potatoes and pass the cake please, so I don't have to get out of my chair again....

Love you, 'Shock, love you...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

No, NO!! I WONT DO THEM!! And you can't make me...**stamping little feet in the build up to an almighty tantrum**

Dogs everywhere will suffer for your resistance to the new policy. This is the first one...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed4b53907d1a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

NOOOO!!!! Look what you've done to my German Shepherd....how could you!!....he used to look like this.....

What kind of guard dog do you think he'll be now? All the sheepdogs round here will be laughing at him and writing rude messages about him on the barn walls....all because you tried to make his Ma do "push up"...what ever they are...(I'm sure its underwear, isn't it? Weird...)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nope. ATS won't shut down. It's useful to kill time while looking for a job. For us shut-ins, this site is truly addicting, only the line is fed electronically (phone and such) and not intravenously (medically speaking, of course).

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I can walk away from ATS/BTS anytime.

Rush

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, I tried.

Rush

top topics

<<   2 >>

join