It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we eat lab made meat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok i read an article i cant find it again

it was about some scientists had created fish meat in a lab, they werent allowed to try eat it by the goverment, i donnu if they gave it to animals

What do you think should we produce all our meat in a lab?

or should we stick to the harsh way by killing animals.

Reply reply

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Greys]

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Greys]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
absolutely NOT. sure it might be touted as being safer coming from a controlled environment, but I wouldn't trust it at all.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. All we need to do is stop the factory farming and return to the natural way. Its the greedy corporations that have caused this crap. People have lived for thousands of years without factory farming so why do we need it now ?
The answer is - we don't.
And we certainly don't need cloned meat. The original cloned sheep died far earlier than a normal one so feck knows what would be in this lab-made stuff.
You can count me out of that. I'd rather become vegetarian (but with all the insecticides and stories of GM crops infecting natural ones, we don't really know if thats safe either).

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is this the article, Greys?

www.cnn.com...

www.sciencefiction.com...

abcnews.go.com...

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by parrhesia]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd eat it....hell, I'll eat anything.

But really, lab grown food is a way of feeding everyone in the world. It's an unlimited suppy of food This technology has the possibility of ending hunger in all the starving nations....maybe.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Is this the article, Greys?

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by parrhesia]

it could be but im not too sure

thx 4 finding the info parrhesia btw

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
no problem, greys.

I think the research is really interesting.. I don't think I'd eat it, though. No doubt it'd be better than eating food out of tubes in space
But as with anything manipulated as such, long term implications aren't known.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ever eat a "chicken" mcnugget from McDonalds?

I'd take my chances with lab meat.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hehe. I'll stay away from both, thanks!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If the lab meat is my test tube brother or if its a chicken cutivated thru cloning and steroids.

There is already proof that "free range" and "wild caught" meat and fish are far more healthy for us to consume.
The animals eat properly in the wild and are fed their dead brothers sisters at the farm.
Cattle and Pigs are fed meat products and grains that they would never come across in the wild.
An organic egg has 20xs the omega 3 as a "mass produced"
It is a known fact that fruits and vegetables lose much of their "goodness" due to farming engineering.
The fact is mass produced food lacks greatly in nutrition, but they look sooo much perrrtier and bigger than the organic raised and farmed
So you can bet lab food is going to fall short against against naturally raised chow.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Definitely not !. The very thought makes me feel ill. It is not natural and we don't know what the side effects could be.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Is a cow eating other animals natural? Are artificial bovine growth hormones natural? Are antibiotics pumped into cows natural?Are cows that are kept in stalls their whole life natural? Did you know that when you consume meat, you are going to be eating an amount of feces too? I would eat meat grown in a lab before I ever ate a cow.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. All we need to do is stop the factory farming and return to the natural way. Its the greedy corporations that have caused this crap. People have lived for thousands of years without factory farming so why do we need it now ?
And we certainly don't need cloned meat. The original cloned sheep died far earlier than a normal one so feck knows what would be in this lab-made stuff.
You can count me out of that. I'd rather become vegetarian (but with all the insecticides and stories of GM crops infecting natural ones, we don't really know if thats safe either).

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Pisky]

I should have known Pisky would beat me to this reply. Well, we agree on so many other important issues, I don't see why this should be any different.

Lab-created ANYTHING is just plain old gnarly and disgusting and most importantly, totally unnatural. Therefore it's not for me or my husband.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We all most realize that science is a baby. We have so much more to learn. When they perfect lab meat it will have the original taste but it will be healthy for us. They can take out all the things that are bad. WHy does natural always have to be better than artificial? It is just that natural is what we are used to. When science starts progressing we are going to have to start getting this natural stuff out of are mind. Natural meat is normal. Artificial meat will be made just for us. Having specialized meat without out all the evil junk in it will be good for us.

Since the meat will be so good for us i say shut down the labs. Our meat can't become clean. If the meat becomes clean people will be healthier, they will live longer. A lot of diseases would go down. You know how much money we would loose from insulin. All more people will do is take up resources kill forest, animals, and are own earth.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yes we do. It's not the greedy corporations forcing us to eat meat. People demand meat, and the farms are doing all they can to keep up. It's our fault, not theirs.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Yes we do. It's not the greedy corporations forcing us to eat meat. People demand meat, and the farms are doing all they can to keep up. It's our fault, not theirs.

Actually, we can easily say 'No' to the corporations. There are alternatives.
www.themeatrix.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You ever had American cheese? How about Sunny Delight? Ever put toothpaste in your mouth and swallow a little? Healthy Healtherton can make bacon out of birds.

I'm a human being, which pretty much makes me an omnivore. Pass the test tube pork loin, I'll have a slice. I've eaten things I think could be worse, and I'm not dead, so why not. It just better taste like the real thing before they go replacing my London Broil with a CALTECH Slab...

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Actually, we can easily say 'No' to the corporations. There are alternatives.
www.themeatrix.com...

Not if we want all the meat we have now.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want the same amount of meat, you need factory farms.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
Definitely not !. The very thought makes me feel ill. It is not natural and we don't know what the side effects could be.

Gastrointestinal distress? Puckerface as you realize what you're eating tastes more like plastic than porcine? If you've ever eaten a Twinkie, I don't think you have any reason to freak out about a little synthetic fish...

DC

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
Lab-created ANYTHING is just plain old gnarly and disgusting and most importantly, totally unnatural. Therefore it's not for me or my husband.

And yet you'd consign yourself to the risks inherent in eating at Tony Roma's? I got news fer ya! You might as well opt for the lab meat, 'cause LABS ARE CLEAN!!!

DC

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join