It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out With A Shiver: Global Warming Protest Frozen Out By Massive Snowfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

Global warming activists stormed Washington Monday for what was billed as the nation's largest act of civil disobedience to fight climate change -- only to see the nation's capital virtually shut down by a major winter storm.

...."I admit, it's hard to tweet with cold hands!" wrote the author of the Capitol Climate Action Web site, who said the activists were "staying warm with a chant: 'Clean coal is a dirty lie.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
LOL, Just listen to the IMMENSE amount of Irony in the Second of the Aforementioned Statements within the News Story.

Not to mention how Representative Pelosi failed to make her appearance at the Protest, due to her flight having been cancelled due to "Severe Winter Weather".

Also, President Obama's spokesperson this time even admitted that the President considered this a "Significant Storm". Yes, even almighty Obama decreed this storm to be of a Substantial Severity.

BTW, do not forget about Al Gore's "Global Warming" speech "On The Hill" this past January, which coincided with a MAJOR Ice Storm in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area.

As a Note: The Night of this Protest the Temperatures Hit a Low of around 8 Degrees Fahrenheit, with Wind Chills of 5 Degrees Fahrenheit Below Zero. During the Day Today (Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009), even with the Sun out and Clear Blue Skies, the Temperatures Only Topped Out at 25 Degrees Fahrenheit, with Wind Chills of 0 to 5 Degrees Fahrenheit Below Zero, all from "Only" an 11 MPH Arctic Wind from the North (Record Setting).

www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This has already been posted.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This is the news that makes me lol.

talk about irony.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

www.foxnews.com

Global warming activists stormed Washington Monday for what was billed as the nation's largest act of civil disobedience to fight climate change -- only to see the nation's capital virtually shut down by a major winter storm.

...."I admit, it's hard to tweet with cold hands!" wrote the author of the Capitol Climate Action Web site, who said the activists were "staying warm with a chant: 'Clean coal is a dirty lie.'"

I thought this was the single most blatant act of stupidity I had seen in a while.

With 18 or so inches of snow in the ground in the Northeast we had people complaining about Global Warming, and I had to sit there while trying to clear snow off my car to wonder why they were saying that it was getting warmer when this has been the worst winter on record in a while.

Those -12 Wind chilsl must be freezing brain cells...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know what really gets me?

IDIOTS. That's right... Idiots.

Who thinks that a local and short term weather phenomena is in anyway associated with the validity or invalidity of Global Warming?

My God people, get a grip. It's about aggregates, and trends. A snow storm racking the east coast is in no way support or lack thereof for Global Warming...

This is simply playground banter trying to make people look stupid, when in fact those who bring up this so called "irony" are the real idiots.

top topics

join