It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Protestors Snowed Out.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I'm sorry but LOL!

I find this highly amusing. A group of global warming protestors were snowed out the day of their big protest in DC.

Ah... gotta love irony.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
lol, that is absolute brilliance!

It just seems so silly to be protesting about Global Warming during a snowstorm!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh my, this is a good find!

And though I do find the irony in it, I would like to just say on thing to kinda balance this out...

A warming trend will put more moisture in the air, moisture which will eventually fall is precipitation. A sure sign of global warming would be higher rainfall and snowfall levels.

But anyway... I'm printing this article up for framing!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Brilliant. That kind of irony brings a smile to my face. We have just had the coldest winter in years and everytime I hear someone say 'heatwave' or 'global warming' it makes me laugh at the insanity of such comments. Earth will do her own thing and if we humans annoy Im sure we will be shook off like fleas.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BigC2012

Although it has to be said that other parts of the Northern Hemisphere have just had their hottest winter on record

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
What other areas of the northern hemisphere have just had their hottest on record, could you provide a source for that because that seems a bit new to me?

I do know that warming/cooling affects different areas differently due to ocean circulation and air currents but the trend for warming seems to have slowed down and could possibly be turning towards a cooling, as is the continued trend on this planet.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
That's fairly ironic isn't it

Global warming protesters snowed out.
Could there be a message in this

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigC2012
What other areas of the northern hemisphere have just had their hottest on record, could you provide a source for that because that seems a bit new to me?

Well there have been recording breaking temps in places like California
But also the likes of India and Hong Kong.

In the S Hemisphere the main weather stories of the 'winter' have been the drought and heatwave in Australia and the drought in Argentina.

I'm not drawing any conclusions - but it's easy to assume because one place is colder that it's globally significant. It's not. But I suspect some will try and cry foul when it's announced that overall winter 08/09 was not especially cold - because they look only at their own backyards and don't consider the global view.

Fact is, somewhere or other will always have a warmest/coldest/wettest/driest day, week, season or year and there's nothing climatically significant in it, unless we see over a period of decades a trend towards more of one and less than another.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan
That's fairly ironic isn't it

Global warming protesters snowed out.
Could there be a message in this

Actually, wasn't this also a scene in The Day After Tomorrow?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I know you had 'winter' in quotes, but you do know that when it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere, it's Summer in the Southern, right?

Just curious.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Ohmy, do Ieven need to say anything to this? I saw this on the news the other day an was cracking up. Irony? I think that is an understatement.
The al mighty came down and shut them bastards down! hahahaha

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It's nearly as if Gaia was telling them to get a life...

I'll go with 'save the rainforests' or 'use more renewable energy' (due to economic reasons, when oil and coal run out). But leave me alone with the global warming scam, sry.

I bet they were wishing for 'global warming'! I'ld feel so stupid!!!

BB,
Samuel

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
LOL,

I'm not going to lie - it had me rolling when I saw it.

Can you imagine being part of the people who ACTUALLY believed it enough to get out there and when the day came - couldn't go protest because...... it was TOO COLD!!!!! BAA HAA HAA!!!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I might be wrong and there is a good chance that I am but, isn't there something in the global warming theory about colder continents but warmer seas? I'm not certain but i think that i have heard that somewhere. Has anyone else?

top topics

join