It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is all the Republicans fault!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am a Conservative Republican, I hate the fact that Obama is in office, I think that if the voters had another choice for the Republican party things would be different. I always hear people talking about Ron Paul, I personally would love to see him have a chance. What I cannot understand is why the hell won't the Republican party back this guy? If they did, the media would have no choice but to give him air time. With the way things are, once the public was able to get to know how intelligent and insightful the man is, not to mention HONEST, how could anyone not want to give him a shot. It could not possibly be worse than it is now.

I am someone who is more concerned about freedom than money. I feel if we correct the problems with this part of the issue, the economy will follow. We have the problems we do today because of the govt. being able to hide the criminal acts they do in the name of "national security" I say bull @#$%. This year when they thumbed there nose at us over the bailout issue said it all. In essence they were saying you and I are not smart enough to have a say in how our money is spent but then would not release the documents to be reviewed? I AM TIRED OF BEING TREATED LIKE A CHILD!

We all talk about our rights being taken away, well I don't think you will find anyone who will fight more for us than Ron Paul.

I ask again to the Republican party, please put Ron Paul or someone with the same integrity on the ticket next time, I bet you would be supprised the difference it would make!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The GOP will never endorse anyone that cares more about the personal freedom of the individual over their corporate masters.

The GOP is toast, Obsolete, because there is class warfare in the offing because the Taxpayers now see how they were screwed by the outsourcing of jobs, sellout to the companies that have put us in the mess we are currently in. This all took place under Bush and will not be forgiven or forgotten nor should it be.

I used to be a republican.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a quack...a very old quack. Any respect for this guy went out the window when he didn't support the Iraq War.

The Republican Party is great when the are out of power, but when they get power they want to do everything they can to get the media and liberals to like them. No leadership!

George Bush was a great foriegn policy leader, but to get his foreign policy he wanted, he had to compromise with Democrats and their wild spending. Bush got his and Democrats got way too much in return...hence the huge budget deficit. Now that Democrats control everything, we now see how much they love to spend and waste our money.

John McCain was a joke, and still is. But the answer to Republican leadership is not a feeble old man who is only right half the time, like Ron Paul. We need fresh leaders like Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Mike Pence, and get rid of the backstabbers like McCain, Arlen Spector, the two whackos from Maine, and definately Ron Paul.

The Ron Paul Fantasy is over............

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Are you kidding? No I mean really? You supported the war in Iraq? How is that even possible? What motives would have to do such a thing? And for you to say that George was capable of doing anything but dancing on the steps of the Capitol is just ridiculous.

Come on now, great foreign policy? Here's a look at his great policies:

Food For Oil Program
No Bid Government Contracts
Blackwater
Hundreds of thousands civilian casualities
The Patriot Act (domestic surveillance)

Need I go on?

And how you could you say that Ron Paul is a old quack? He's the most honest politician I've ever heard speak. He is against the war in Iraq because it did nothing but kill innocents and further the NWO's agenda. He's against the federal reserve and the IRS because they are un-constitutional and should be removed.

And you want Sarah Palin to run? The woman who when asked what the Vice President did answered wrong....4 times. The woman who was fooled by two french Canadians into thinking she was speaking with the Russian PM, and has more foreign policy experience because she can see Russia from her hom state.

Sure, great leaders, much better than and old quack who would like to follow the constitution.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The GOP will never endorse anyone that cares more about the personal freedom of the individual over their corporate masters.

The GOP is toast, Obsolete, because there is class warfare in the offing because the Taxpayers now see how they were screwed by the outsourcing of jobs, sellout to the companies that have put us in the mess we are currently in. This all took place under Bush and will not be forgiven or forgotten nor should it be.

I used to be a republican.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by whaaa]

So won't that help put someone in office who cares?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
come 2010 congress will be back in republican hands
come 2012 white house will be back in republican hands

republicans are not obsolete and never will be

the love hate relationship democrats and republicans will never die because noone wants 1 party rule

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

"Ron Paul is a quack...a very old quack. Any respect for this guy went out the window when he didn't support the Iraq War."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well it now seems he was right! I mean all you hear is people pissed about the troupes that are still over there.

The other thing is that Ron was against the war because he does not think that we should be the world police. I think a lot more people are starting to feel that way as well. As long as it does not affect us, let them kill each other. Instead of pouring millions of dollars over seas to people who have nothing nice to say about the US is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
We need fresh leaders like Bobby Jindal ...

Oh, yeah.

We need more people in government who support PATRIOT Act and teaching of intelligent design in public schools. Wohoo

Why ?

Because we are Americans, and if there is anything we like more then destruction of others is to self-destruct, that is how we roll, baby

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Come on now, great foreign policy? Here's a look at his great policies:

Food For Oil Program
No Bid Government Contracts
Blackwater
Hundreds of thousands civilian casualities
The Patriot Act (domestic surveillance)

Need I go on?

Oil for Food was a UN program that kept Hussein (not our President) in power, and lined the pockets of alot of UN honchos along the way...including Kofi Anan.

Who could even attempt to do the job better than Haliburton? Who else was going to bid?

Blackwater was good enough to protect Mr. Obama himself when he went to Iraq and cancelled his visits with wounded troops there.

Civilian caualities? Or potential terrorists?

The Patriot Act was a great thing. No telling how many lives were saved because of this. Terrorists made the US a battlefied, and battlefield surveillance is part of war.

Need you go on? No! You embarrassed yourself trying to pin "Oil for Food" on Bush. Kindly stop!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just like they want! Squabble back and forth, while
the banks continue to run the show! Perfect!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So then you agree with illegal surveillance on innocent American civilians? You think that stripping away your constitutional rights for the sake of "protection" from "terrorists" is ok?

Terrorists made the US a battlefield? You're government made the US a battlefield with their failed policies and procedures. Greedy hand in the cookie jar always gets a slap from mom my friend.

And ok maybe I was mistaken with the Oil for Food program, still makes no difference, I could come up with tons, and so could anybody else who isn't sleeping to pin Bush to a wall.

He's lied to you're face on multiple occasions and you still trust this man? You think he was a great leader. I suppose you think it's ok because it was in the name of "National Security".

The George administration was a single almost decade of economic ruin and constitutional destruction.

No matter what rationalization you put forth in this argument, the fact of the matter is they ruined your country, RUINED it. And it will take a long time for anybody whether it be Obama or Ron Paul to fix it.

Either way really I'm a Canadian, so I see it from the outside perspective, and our Government following the leadership of the US ruined our country as well.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

He votes based on the constitution. He is the only true Conservative politician in Congress.

It's not The blowhard Rush Limbaugh who spends most of his show talking about himself.

The Republican party is a fraud.

Ron Paul is the true Conservative voice. He's the only one who comes anywhere near to actually standing by his principles.

You can blame Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity for pushing the wrong candidates. You can blame them and Fox News in general for putting us in the position we are in.

They screwed up our country and in turn made people angry....and this is why we are all in the position we are in today.

Too many people vote based on a party line....

Republicans are too blame. I agree with the OP.

They had total control for 6 years and completely blew it.

The fact that you insult Ron Paul is the MOST HYPOCRITICAL thing i've ever seen.

rr(Conservative)?? Conservative is in your profile name and you call the most "conservative" politician in congress a quack?

I call BS.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree, this thread is inflamatory too, designed to draw hate speech also.
I was not even sure whos side the OP was on but I was gonna jump in and help him out no matter who and I'm not even with the GOP!

The repubs had their chance, they need to pipe down after the last eight years. They started the current crisis with the rich only tax cuts and their war.
Already it doesn't look good for the dems though! They better pull it off or they'll be crapped on next time. Like watching a circus and rush is the clown! LOL Their just mad cuz a black man gets paid this time to clean up the mess a white man made! LOL Theres no way we will ever be happy in this country. We're in trouble.

P.S. Like I say, it's all a game to make you think you are in charge!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

Originally posted by RRconservative
We need fresh leaders like Bobby Jindal ...

Oh, yeah.

We need more people in government who support PATRIOT Act and teaching of intelligent design in public schools. Wohoo

Why ?

Because we are Americans, and if there is anything we like more then destruction of others is to self-destruct, that is how we roll, baby

Hate to break this to you, chum, but Obama voted in favor of the Patriot Act's second version and he also believes in intelligent design and that it should be taught in addition to evolution in school. Where have you been?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
if you spent $1000000 a day for 2000 years you wont even come close to what obama has spent in his first month as "president"

HOW CAN WE STAND BY AND DO NOTHING AND LET THIS CONTINUE?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Money is power.
Thus, power is granted by the corporations.
Obama is owned. McCain is owned.

Ron Paul? Probably owned, but not by the best companies.

Freedom, liberty, and happiness have nothing to do with it. In fact, the amount of money and greed that is present in our leaders is inversely proportional to how much freedom, liberty, and happiness is present in our country. It doesn't pay to be good.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Neo67,
Fall in line, cooperate and be patriotic, what else?
Oh, ya and don't complain.
Oh, one more thing, bend over and say baaaaaaaang me to breakfast.
Thats what it feels like no matter whos in charge.

sadisticwoman you are exactly right and explains our system perfectly

I'm gettin' less taxes taken out and more in my paycheck now,
I'm not gonna complain!
Better than giving it to my bank....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The true problem here is a major breakdown of a system which is quite flawed to begin with. It is much larger than this politician or that politician.

People as a whole have to come together and take responsibility to steer the ship in a different direction. Relying on Government to right the wrongs is a lazy and easy way out, which will lead to more senseless bickering and self-destruction. Without philosophical change coming from the real grass roots, maybe even the underground, do not expect any miracles.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I totally agree whole heartedly with you, but
I think there are laws against that here nowdays!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join