It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck, not such a bad guy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm starting to like him kinda, Making a nice replacement for the role Tim Russert was serving before his passing.

www.foxnews.com...

America, I want to talk straight to you now. There is a lot of bad news out there. Our economy is tanking and does not show signs of improving. People are losing their jobs 500 million a month according to Nancy Pelosi and there are more cuts on the way. People around the world are taking to the streets. Our government responds to problem with "bailouts." When you reach out to them you get no response while Ponzi scheme crooks get away with millions and tax cheats get promotions. Terrorists are on the run, and you just want to keep your family safe. It is enough to make you want to just give up! But I am here to tell you something important: You are not alone, and if you believe in a majority of these nine principles then keep watching because I am going to prove it to you to.

1. America is good place, not perfect, but good.
2. I believe in God and He is the center of my life.
3. I must try to be a better, more honest person than I was yesterday.
4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority.
5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and not a guarantee of equal results.
7. I work hard for what I have. I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
8. It is not un-American for me to disagree or share my personal opinion.
9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them. They answer to me.

If you believe in those things then I have a project for you. Believe me, this will be worth your while. I want you to take a picture of yourself — keep your clothes on, please — and e-mail it to me at [email protected]. I am going to ask you every day for the next two or three weeks. Please, if you agree with these principles then help me fight for them.

Other links:
www.foxnews.com...
www.glennbeck.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is no Tim Russert.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I never said he was...
I said

Making a nice replacement

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I agree with awake_awoke,

he's no Tim Russert.

I too have enjoyed him lately, but very doom and gloom, frustrated almost kinda like Lou Dobbs on the Amero and NAU, very unusual for an anchor to step out of the "Norm" MSM and say his peace, but he and fox are up to something, as discussed before, it's a desensitizing of the public of whats to come, and it scared the hell of of us i think, and with intention.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nifron

You can't desensitize the public on concentration camps. You can make them aware of them and that seems to be what he did today. Bold statement, before he was just bashing and predicting. Today he exposed something 90% of Americans had no clue about.

Curious to see where he goes with everything he has been ranting about for the last few months. If you watched him at all you can clearly see his slow slide towards our "dark side" since the elections began. I think Ron Paul got to him

Ron reached a lot of people. A lot here too. Not such a stretch to believe his message got to someone in the media who was forced to hear Dr. Paul out. An open mind is like a parachute, works better open then closed.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron
I agree with awake_awoke,

he's no Tim Russert.

I too have enjoyed him lately, but very doom and gloom, frustrated almost kinda like Lou Dobbs on the Amero and NAU, very unusual for an anchor to step out of the "Norm" MSM and say his peace, but he and fox are up to something, as discussed before, it's a desensitizing of the public of whats to come, and it scared the hell of of us i think, and with intention.

He's speaking of doom and gloom because of the times we are in. Do you think we are in happy times?

You say it's unusual for him to "say his peace" but isn't that what everyone on here has been whining about? And when he does say the truth you bash him? Some people are just never happy uh.

Ciphor never said GB is Tim Russert, but what he did say was he is Making a nice replacement.

Please Deny Ignorance.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by Nifron

You can't desensitize the public on concentration camps. You can make them aware of them and that seems to be what he did today. Bold statement, before he was just bashing and predicting. Today he exposed something 90% of Americans had no clue about.

Curious to see where he goes with everything he has been ranting about for the last few months. If you watched him at all you can clearly see his slow slide towards our "dark side" since the elections began. I think Ron Paul got to him

Ron reached a lot of people. A lot here too. Not such a stretch to believe his message got to someone in the media who was forced to hear Dr. Paul out. An open mind is like a parachute, works better open then closed.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Ciphor]

you are right on! I totally agree that rp got to him. As i recall, when i first became an active member of ats, it coincided with when i first started liking glen beck (or even watching him, essentially). I would come on here and people would be hatin' on him after i'd just heard him giving some talk about immigration (i think that started his ascent) or rp or whatever. The guy sounded extremely "real". when you look in his eyes you can see a certain....childishness??? I dunno. He seems innocent of corruption to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have watched Glen Beck for a couple of years now. I find it disturbing that many people are trying to say he is towing some "FOX" line as he has not changed a bit.

He is actually slightly calmer on FOX than he was on CNN in my opinion. I take it FOX wouldn't let him adorn the stage with Pitchforks sent in by viewers as a "protest" to the politicians (both parties) in Washington as he did when he was on CNN.

Of course most people saying this crap neither watched him on CNN or listen to his radio show and that is obvious.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That's right the pitchforks!! I guess the guys in the mailroom actually got mad at him cause they wouldn't stop sending them in. haha. Recovered alcoholic too. I dunno. Betchya life's pretty precious to him cause of that, and it changed his outlook he went off on it one time. Real guy, I'm tellin' yooze guys.

top topics

join