It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall wants Manilow music to drive out unruly teens

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'd just like to state the following:
I am 17 years old (18 this month)
I LOVE shopping at the mall
I also LOVE Barry Manilow!!!

So, haha, oops...
/ Didn't notice this had turned into a Manilow-bashing thread.

*ashamed*

[edit on 3/3/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
/ Didn't notice this had turned into a Manilow-bashing thread.

It started out as a Manilow bashing thread.

*ashamed*

As you should be...that was for you Mynaeris.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Originally posted by Chevalerous
But!.. what if it backfires and starts a Barry Manilow cult among the unruly teens?

You are twisted and evil for thinking such thoughts.

Everywhere we go teens playing Manilow at full volume. Manilow or is it that Man-is-low?

Parents tearing their hair out because the teens in the next room "at the copa...copacabana" parents begging please you little Satan spawn stop playing that music...its killing my soul!!!

Does the world have to be so cruel? Oh no...now the song copcacabana is in my head.
Oh God make it stop...

Yeah! sing it out loud brother! don't resist it - it's Manilow time!

-Copa...Copacabana the hottest spot north of Havana
At the Copa CO!, Copacabana!
Music and passion were always the fashion
At the Copa....they fell in love!

-Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl
With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there
She would merengue and do the cha-cha!

Copa. . Copacabana
Copa Copacabana Copacabana, ahh ahh ahh ahh!

Ahh ahh ahh ahh Copa Copacabana

Talking Havana have a banana

Music and passion...always the fash--shun!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ugh if they keep this kind of thing up before you know it the electronics department will have Full House episodes all day long on the flat screen TVs

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yeah, honestly i could totally see this tak off.

Yo yo yo, this my homie right chere, gonna lay it down for his shawty

I remember all my life yeah yeah
Rainin' down as cold as ice cold baby it's cold
Shadows of a man
A face through a window
Cryin' in the night nah cryin for girls
The night goes into

Mornin', just another day
Happy people pass my way so i bust out my chain and beat them
Lookin' in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Mandy yeah girl, we love the mandy, yo let's hear it for mandy yo, come on kids, jump around. manilow is the man

Dude, they might have just made easy listening "Good" Manilow is gonna get so much little kid money.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Love him or hate him, Manilow was a master of the hook. I could shop to Barry Manilow no problem, even if he does look creepy now. Dude's face is pulled tighter than it was when he was ten years old.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What's wrong with this?

I have Barry Manilow on my i-pod.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Oh you are a sadistically evil person, I finally got it out of my head and replaced it with a nice Shania Twain ditty and I came back and read that!

Now I'm gonna go all out and buy the CD.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Love him or hate him, Manilow was a master of the hook. I could shop to Barry Manilow no problem, even if he does look creepy now. Dude's face is pulled tighter than it was when he was ten years old.

Peace

Your a TEXAN!! Man Dr. Love please dont shop to Barry.

He is a funny looking dude lately, an elf with too many face-lifts and not enough nose-jobs.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wait until they start using Rick Astley.
"Never gonna give ya up! Never gonna let ya down!"
Yes! Rickrolled everyone here.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Oh you are a sadistically evil person, I finally got it out of my head and replaced it with a nice Shania Twain ditty and I came back and read that!

Don't worry! Good ol' Karma just punished me for being evil, now I can't get this darn song out of my head myself!

Crap! it's awful!

I'm trying to replace it with something else, but it won't go away!

Heck! I could die for a nice Shania Twain ditty right now!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And yet Dj's/producers remix Copocabana & Mandy at least every second year, and the younger crowds dance to it anyways. I am serious, google it. This is my line of work.

The next thing is Manilow's music to get blamed for some awful shooting.

@ spec_ops_wannabe, they have remixed Rick Astley to certain death as well and the kids love it.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by qonone]

[edit on 3/3/2009 by qonone]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

Don't worry! Good ol' Karma just punished me for being evil, now I can't get this darn song out of my head myself!

Crap! it's awful!

Oh God thats too funny! How can Karma be so cruel and uncaring?

Go grab a cd of your favorite artist quick and listen to your favorite tune over an over until that evil song is excised from you. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
One type of music has been a source of torment to me since I was very young.... I think that it has a lot to do with the memories of my grandparents having toddies after supper, turning on the boob toob to The Lawrence Welk Show, dancing around and groping each other. _javascript:icon('
').... Even without the mental images that I have I believe music of that genre would be more alienating than Barry Manilow.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
think that it has a lot to do with the memories of my grandparents having toddies after supper, turning on the boob toob to The Lawrence Welk Show, dancing around and groping each other. _javascript:icon('
')

OMG that is horrible. I know friend that is a good psychologist that may be able to help you with those images that must be burned into you poor psyche. She is damn good looking too.
Groping grandparents...wow.

Lawrence Welk...my parents used to subject me to that. Maybe they could alternate between Very Barry Manilow and Lawrence Welk. It would be like a left hook followed by an upper cut. BAM!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If they need anymore help on this front, I know quite a few DJs who have emptied out their fair share of nightclubs. These guys are absolutely ruthless and will not quit until the final lonely sole has stormed out of the establishment. If these kids equate it to a bad nightclub experience, they will never return.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The teens will just turn up their ipods and go deaf quicker, then it doesn't matter what they play.

And who ever said they guy looks creepy is right, he can't stop smiling because of all the botox. Must be doing something right though, he is worth millions.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Lock somebody in a room and blast in Barry Manilows greatest hits and withing 35-45 minutes they will be begging you to waterboard them just so they wont be able to hear the music anymore

Cruel and unusual punishment for sure, but also very effective.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Lock somebody in a room and blast in Barry Manilows greatest hits and withing 35-45 minutes they will be begging you to waterboard them just so they wont be able to hear the music anymore

Now that is stepping way over the line. 35-45 minutes? My god man have you no mercy! What about the Geneva rules? Where is your sense of fair play?

You should work for the CIA with those ideas!

Botox Barry rockin the house.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Clockwork Orange ehh!

Personally I would really twist the knife in and remix Manilow to hip hop beats. It would certainly make me walk!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join