It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A dream with a name I still remember

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
BFO

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I have no doubt that evil does exist. Just at look at people like Madoff or Jeffery Skilling. Those dudes are contemporary examples of living, breathing evil people. However, when we dip into the well of subconscious mind, so long as we do not fall completely into it, what we bring up to examine can yield helpful insights.

Getting obsessed with Satan, like fundamentalist Christians and Muslims both do, does not seem to be a very helpful mental activity.

Whether powerful dreams do anything more than help us resolve subconscious conflicts, fears and/or hopes (that is actually what Freud said they do), or if they have a spiritual meaning (that is what Jung said they did in addition to the Freudian part) can be discussed ad nauseum.

I tend to think that spiritual things can happen in dreams. Can daemons visit us as well as angels? Can people who have passed on visit us? How about extra-terrestrials? How about God him (or her) self? I would say, "all of the above". Also, I think we can have dreams ABOUT all of the above that are complete fabrications of our individual subconscious minds with no "external" links

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Check this out

books.google.com... ScT0AY3BtgfVuZjDBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=7&ct=result#PPA1014,M1

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
wow that was heavy cool , you should use it to inspire a short story while it's still fresh .

<< 1   >>

join