It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s approval ratings plummet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
why the hell are the rich hated so much ?
they busted there ass to get where they are.
they bust their ass to stay rich.
if we all could be rich we would be the reality is jealousy give me what i didnt earn blah blah blah..

the rich make jobs for people like u and me and u wanna take away that.

is there no common sense left is this country

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
I get tired of repeating myself but I think it's extreamly important so I'll say it over and over if I have to:

While I take responsibility for my vote, one thing we weren't privy to during the campaign is how Obama would completely and with almost 100% saturation fill his cabinent with Trilaterals, Bilderbergers, and CFRS. Many of these cabinent members have dual and triple memberships in these shadowy 'clubs.'

Obama is probably not concerned about his approval rating. It's all part of the plan. For all we know the whole birth certificate thing is also part of the plan to institute marshal law/civil war when the 'truth' is revealed. As is this whole stimulas package bs I mean look, I'm a tree hugging liberal and I'm mad as hell about all this. How must the right feel? They probably anticipate we'll all start finger pointing at each other rather then point our fingers in unity at the top. I submit to all of you that we not get into the blame game and find the common denominator which is we are all Americans (no offense to the many non-us ats memebers.)

I think You will get Your answers if He tries to take the guns or draft our kids.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
double post

[edit on 2-3-2009 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I don't think the election was rigged.

I just think that most people are uneducated in Government civics and tend to vote for the person who is the most popular.

I also think Obama ratings have dropped drastically because it is getting harder and harder for Obama to promise things. Now he has to fulfill those promises. Pretty difficult job with all the promises he made.

This may also be a little off topic, but I would like everyone here to contrast the way people opposed to Obama look at this election versus the people that were opposed to Bush. Those folks could never get past thinking (and endlessly posting) that Bush "stole" both elections. While here we see conservatives not claiming the election was stolen at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
C'mon now - where all that smugness and the 'holier than thou' attitudes now that they've realized Obama was just as everyone else said - another politician and the only thing different about him is his skin color and the fact that he ran a campaign a little differently.

Yep, welcome to the real world, he is just another politician, and every democrat already knew this...

I have feeling that 'holier than thou' and lots of money was absolutely necessary attitude to defeat fear mongering winning strategy of republican party. I guess ya all have been owned by democratic propaganda, lol.

Democrats, as a party of no ideas and Republicans as a party of the bad ideas cannot bring the REAL change, the only REAL change here is them switching places

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I knew this very thing was gonna happen. Just members of the microwave generation thinking he was gonna wave a magic wand and have everything fixed on the second day of the job. Though he said over and over it takes time and it isn't perfect. But no one wants to read the directions do they? They just want it now. But until things do change, the layoffs are gonna keep happening and things are sinking. If Americans can finally learn anything, it is to stop expecting everything , RIGHT NOW.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Frankly I don't care, I just get tired of the spin and BS comming from the GOP. Obama and everybody else knew he was stepping into a historic cluster*&$*.

Given the state of the economy it is incredible that his approval ratings remain this high. I have to assume that the American populace keeps thinking...well it's better than letting Rush Limbaugh run the country.

It's strange to see the same folks who complained that the presidency wasn't a popularity contest or a job awarded to celebrity are now so eager to seize on a 63% approval rating as if that number was damning...

And it was all about the uneducated electorate when he won the election. How the average American was unqualified to vote? Remember..but now when his approval ratings drop you sieze on polling numbers.......but whatever propaganda serves the spin....affirms your world view...facts and logic be damned..right?

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...
But be careful if you're trying to draw a dramatic conclusion about this slight downward tick. The only group of voters that has moved away from Obama are Republicans, who went from 41% approval in January to 30% now. However, Democrats' approval has remained steady (88% then, 89% now). And -- perhaps most importantly -- so has approval among independents (63% then, 63% now).

www.gallup.com...
Historic one month approval ratings...Reagan at 55%, GB Senior at 63%, GWB at 62%, ...so I am not so stunned that Obama is at a 63% approval rating by Gallup...nor do I care...not at a time like this. I am actually suprised it is not worse given the mess he inherited.

In order to navigate the course Obama will have to PO both the GOP and his own party so I expect his numbers to drop more than this (oh so dramatic) 63% and could care less.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 3-3-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I knew this very thing was gonna happen. Just members of the microwave generation thinking he was gonna wave a magic wand and have everything fixed on the second day of the job.

C'mon now - where all that smugness and the 'holier than thou' attitudes now that they've realized Obama was just as everyone else said - another politician and the only thing different about him is his skin color and the fact that he ran a campaign a little differently.

Originally posted by loam
But now that people are starting to rub the adoration from their eyes concerning Obama,

Originally posted by jam321
I also think Obama ratings have dropped drastically because it is getting harder and harder for Obama to promise things. Now he has to fulfill those promises. Pretty difficult job with all the promises he made.

now it looks like they are realizing that the party is over and Obama isn't the anointed one after all.

I am going to thorough enjoy watching those approval number plummet and watch all of the Obama supporters try and squirm their way out of this and make excuses for voting this useless man into office. You Obama shills are getting EXACTLY what you deserve!

LOL. You guys crack me up. All of this “hey, look..the democrats don’t like their President anymore”

AGAIN…look at the poll you are citing.
The only folks that Obama’s approval ratings have dropped with is the GOP! Not the Democrats...Not the independants. Just the GOP. No wonder with Rush Limbaugh’s rhetoric now leading the party.

* The only group of voters that has moved away from Obama are Republicans, who went from 41% approval in January to 30% now. However, Democrats' approval has remained steady (88% then, 89% now). And -- perhaps most importantly -- so has approval among independents (63% then, 63% now).
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Mr. Obama knows his time is short,

I believe so too, this is why he is in such a hurry to get all this passed, I heard he even cried when it passed,

I doubt he last four years, if they find he lied to get elected, can they reverse all these policy changes he has made?

[edit on 033131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
While I take responsibility for my vote, one thing we weren't privy to during the campaign is how Obama would completely and with almost 100% saturation fill his cabinent with Trilaterals, Bilderbergers, and CFRS. Many of these cabinent members have dual and triple memberships in these shadowy 'clubs.'

I beg to differ on this one. Plenty of members here at ATS warned of this. In fact, you can probably find one or two that originated on the day he announced his candidacy. There were tons of threads, clearly illustrating his ties to nefarious individuals in nefarious organizations.

Aside from that, my sentiments have been summed up already in this thread. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that "hope and change" actually mean "hype and charge(s)".

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
why the hell are the rich hated so much ?

I don't see a lot of folks "hating" the rich?

they busted there ass to get where they are.

Yes...most of them did. But many make there wealth through fraud, stealling and ponzi schemes and are ruled purely by greed.

No problem with wealthy folks earning or even inheriting money...stealing from the rest of us though?

they bust their ass to stay rich.

Sometimes...and sometimes they utilize tax-loop holes and move money off-shore, sometimes they bully the SEC like Madoff did, to avoid being investigated for their crimes...sometimes they take their money and run like Stanford did when discovered....so yes sometimes they "bust their ass to stay rich" and sometimes they lie, steal and cheat and generally screw the rest of the US population to stay rich.

the rich make jobs for people like u and me and u wanna take away that.

Sometimes...and sometimes the utter fraud they commit in their feverish greed is so ubiquitous and pervasive that it nearly causes our entire economic system to collapse and the unemployment rate skyrockets.

I am not feeling the whole "rich people create jobs" thing right now.
Reagonomics failed by the way.

No one hates rich folks. They live the American Dream.
We would just like them to not engage in massive fraud or steal from us or drive our economy into the ground....oh and pay taxes like the rest of us too. That's all.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
First Obama won the elections, plain and simple.

While I disagree with his cabinet appointees and has been screaming foul play from the beginning I don't fall into the inexperience rhetoric he have enough big wigs to be able to handle the presidential position with not problems.

That is what every president does they surround themselves with advisers

Sorry to burst everybody's bubble but the same way that many here in ATS including me were telling what nobody wanted to know about the economy, no matter if McCain was the president the economy and nation was already heading rolling down the hill.

So the same policies been enacted by Obama now would have been McCain's policies with not difference at all.

As the so call financial advisers are the ones actually calling the shots.

Obama's ratings will indeed plummet as the months and year goes by and the economic situation deteriorate.

But that is neither his fault is the fault of presidents and policies before him.

Our nation and our government has become too big and complicated for our economy to sustain.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
thats a blanket statement say all rich are that way

so i disagree with your statements

just cause someone is rich tax the # out of them. how can you see how not right that is.

that is punishing the "achievers" of this country

lower and middle will be taxed its only a matter of time.

btw result of obama in office for 1 month:

over 3 trillion dollars spent
tried to hire people who can even pay their own taxes
a myriad of other stupid ass crap
dow WALL STREET HAS LOST TRILLIONS

whats happening right now its on obama especially when he says dont pay attention to the dail ups and downs of wall street

last thing all that spending will hit home cause if your a smoke and you probably arent cartons of cigarettes are going up $7 bucks a carton

thats not raising taxes on the rich thats taxing millions of middle and lower incomes

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiMmIeThEtRuTh
I am so happy to hear that his approval ratings are on the decline and hope it continues. He should not be our President. He acted like a kid running for grade president or something; promise everything they want and you will win.

yeah right...obama's in for six weeks and he hasn't fixed the nation...SHOCKER!!! bush and the republican controlled congress had six years to take clinton's surplus and create massive economic disaster. how can all you republicans on this thread ignore that???? those were YOUR GUYS IN OFFICE FOR 6 YEARS!!!!!!! THEY HAD COMPLETE CONTROL FOR 6 YEARS!!! they trashed this nation and made it into a third world nation after giving trillions to the wealthy. cutting the hell out of any program for the middle class and poor.

yeah, he should not be our president...you want another REPUBLICAN IN TO FINISH US OFF AS A COUNTRY!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey, even Rock Stars have their peaks and valleys. We build up our "heroes" to tear them down. Not even the Obama star is immune to this theory.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Scary, 1 month in and you guys are wantin a party led by Rush Limbaugh to take over !!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
do you people even know a real republican? do you even know what a real republican stands for?

not those washington yahoos

lay off rush democrats hear what he says but they dont listen to him

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thats is call party favoritism as long as the party doing the deeds is not the party that the person favors they see not evil and hear not evil.

The decline of the nation started not 8 years ago no even 18 years ago it has been gradually backed by bad policies due to corruption and big interest favoritism.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
and now obama is trying to bribe russia by getting rid of the defense shield to get iran to stop making nukes-----ANOTHER JOKE THAT IS OBAMA

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join