It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s approval ratings plummet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Wow! Only a month ago, Obama’s popularity rating stood at 78%. Now, after only one month in office, tripped up by nominating ethically-challenged cabinet officers and promoting the pork laden porkulous bill, his popularity is down below 63%. Obama’s political capital is falling almost as fast as the stock market, which is scared to death the inexperienced Illinois legislator has no clue, which is, in fact, true.

Only 31% of us think the heavily controlled Democrat Congress is competent, which represents most of the Democrat base, but the rest of us know better. Only slightly more Americans, 33%, think the country is on the right course, which accounts for a bit more of the Democrat base of wishful thinkers. Obama is now rated just one point higher than President George W. Bush was, after his first month in office, which is pretty shocking, considering the fact that Obama rode in on such a wave of “hope and change” hype.

Cullman Times

Well it was bound to happen...

Obama is now rated just one point higher than President George W. Bush was, after his first month in office

While this was expected by anyone with any political savvy at all, it is still mildly disappointing to anyone that truly wants the system to change.. For the better I might add..

Still we only have to survive for the next year and a half, then wake the rest of the country back and get some of our core values better represented in the House and Senate.

Semper

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Your source may have his approval ratings too high. The TV news this week reported that Obama's approval is now at 59%. Down 20 points since inauguration.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mr. Obama was brilliant! Run with no specifics, promise all things to all people, and campaign on hope and change. Uniformed people ate that up! People actually thought Mr. Obama was going to put gas in their vehicles and pay their rent or mortgages.

Now that he got elected people are realizing that he is a big-giverment (not a typo) guy, and he is showing his massive inexperience, and is actually hellbent on destroying the America we know.

Mr. Obama knows his time is short, why else does an 1,100 page pork spending bill get 2 days to get voted on, followed by another massive ear-marked budget gets presented a few day later? He knows he has less than 2 years to get his agenda activated, because in 2010 his free ride is over.

The thing to look forward to is seeing how many Democrats run from Obama when his approval ratings sink to Bush levels?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Just wait until it comes out that he is not even eligible to hold the office of President!
Then what!?!? It will take years to undo the massive spending programs that they have put into place over the past 30 days!

You think the approval rating are low now??? Just wait... this house of cards ain't seen the hurricane yet!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This doesn't suprise me at all.People are finally opening their eyes. All these huge bills being passed.Huge amounts of borrowed money.

You can't build true capital through credit debt. Even third grade kids know you can't subtract 2-3. 2-3= debt capital. No savings,just debt.

Mr. Obama's plan isn't sound,it will just delay the pitfall,and extend the misery. However his plan long term is a great way to redistribute wealth,which may have been the plan all along.

His numbers will continue to slide as long as he disreguards the working people.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
what delusional world are those 33% of people living in that think we're "on the right course"

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What is really distressing to many of us who really did want change is that Obama's false promise wasn't apparent to everyone from the beginning.

Of course, that is not to suggest McCain was much better of an option.

But now that people are starting to rub the adoration from their eyes concerning Obama, perhaps we will see more sober demands for real change and accountability.

Here's to hoping that is the case.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by oldgoat
what delusional world are those 33% of people living in that think we're "on the right course"

They are Obama kool aid drinkers. They believe that now Obama is president, all is fine and dandy and will save the Titanic.

They are hooked on a powerful drug called the cult of personality.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
At this rate, the midterms are going to be a bloodbath...assuming of course, that the electorate aren't lulled back to sleep between now and then.

I hate being a pessimist...

As FF said, those rating might be a trifle overblown...most people that I have casual convesations with recently most opinions are along the lines of "WTH is he doing?" meaning Mr. Obama, or "WTH are they doing?" meaning Congress. Unhappiness with WashingtonDC is at epidemic levels, that I've not seen in my lifetime, save perhaps the early 80's just prior to Mr. Reagan.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Approval ratings are stupid. In reality what does this mean for anyone? If obama's approval ratings dip low enough does that mean that democrats will lose house and senate seats? That's really all it means? I'm definatly more liberal then conservative and feel like having democrats at the helm for a while isn't a bad thing...it goes in cycles. But would it really be a bad thing if Nancy pelosi and harry reid lost their jobs? I think not!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I get tired of repeating myself but I think it's extreamly important so I'll say it over and over if I have to:

While I take responsibility for my vote, one thing we weren't privy to during the campaign is how Obama would completely and with almost 100% saturation fill his cabinent with Trilaterals, Bilderbergers, and CFRS. Many of these cabinent members have dual and triple memberships in these shadowy 'clubs.'

Obama is probably not concerned about his approval rating. It's all part of the plan. For all we know the whole birth certificate thing is also part of the plan to institute marshal law/civil war when the 'truth' is revealed. As is this whole stimulas package bs I mean look, I'm a tree hugging liberal and I'm mad as hell about all this. How must the right feel? They probably anticipate we'll all start finger pointing at each other rather then point our fingers in unity at the top. I submit to all of you that we not get into the blame game and find the common denominator which is we are all Americans (no offense to the many non-us ats memebers.)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I haven't noticed any miracles done by him yet....except to stay alive. If we only had a choice of whose face and voice we had to deal with for the next 4 to 8 years, who else would you have picked? Maybe another actor would make sense, since that's what they are anyway. Obama said he doesn't have a crystal ball, but someone's been using a magic 8 ball.

"We look for things that make us go"

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Off Topic a little but to answer your question..

I would have liked to see it come down to Clinton and Romney

I could have lived with either of them..

I still think this election was set up and rigged... I can't prove it, have no idea how, but the whole Obama beat Clinton and McCain from nowhere stunk to high heaven...

Semper

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't think that the election was rigged.

I think enough people bought into the Obama song and dance to get him elected.

A whole lot of those people did not understand then what ideological forces were running his campaign and have become far too prevalent in the Democrat party.

Sometimes a nation needs a reality check.

Let us be glad that our leaders and representatives are elected and in some cases there are term limits.

Hang on to your hats folks!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't think the election was rigged.

I just think that most people are uneducated in Government civics and tend to vote for the person who is the most popular.

I also think Obama ratings have dropped drastically because it is getting harder and harder for Obama to promise things. Now he has to fulfill those promises. Pretty difficult job with all the promises he made.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I am so happy to hear that his approval ratings are on the decline and hope it continues. He should not be our President. He acted like a kid running for grade president or something; promise everything they want and you will win.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Well, we all know that anyone who bucks the status quo tends to get "taken out" don't we? So you may have a point.

Honestly, it is going to take a couple of years before I form any type of opinion about the man. The richeys are raising all kinds of hell, but it's time that they felt the burn that the poor, cowed down masses have felt for centuries.

So mote it be...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If Obama accepts PM Browns plan that Americans and the British need to
spend massively on a global scale ....

Story Here

His approval will be down to the teens ... just those still drunk on massive koolaide intake will be left ... and there will be riots on the White House front lawn.

[edit on 3/1/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I never understood the Obama phenomenon and his high ratings as a public speaker, I've never found him particularly eloquent and his elevated chin always puts me in mind of Mussolini.

Without a doubt we were told he was this things without actually having any evidence that he was and now it's time for buyers remorse. I can see a Brown/Blair situation arising where people may actually start thinking "the last guy wasn't THAT bad."

But who else is there? In the whole of the US there's got to be at least a few people who are more than soundbites?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Whatever. The Obama supporters had their fun every time they pointed and laughed at John McCain and the stupid, hateful news stories about him and Palin. They reveled in the SNL skits that depicted Palin as a complete moron, forgetting the fact that she's got well over an 80% approval rating running her own state. And they praised the likes of John Stewart and Keith Olbermann everytime they opened their huge orifices and let out all that hot gas about Obama.

I do hope they enjoyed the hate-fest while it lasted because now it looks like they are realizing that the party is over and Obama isn't the anointed one after all. C'mon now - where all that smugness and the 'holier than thou' attitudes now that they've realized Obama was just as everyone else said - another politician and the only thing different about him is his skin color and the fact that he ran a campaign a little differently.

I am going to thorough enjoy watching those approval number plummet and watch all of the Obama supporters try and squirm their way out of this and make excuses for voting this useless man into office. You Obama shills are getting EXACTLY what you deserve!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join