It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Advocate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
What if the govt isn't as bad as we think they are.All I seem to be seeing lately is that the govt is trying to massively reduce the population and/or destroy our current economy. And Aliens of some kind are coming for some reason.

If aliens were evil then whatever state our economy is in now doesn't matter. When they get here they win. But If they are benevolent then won't we need a new economy when they get here?

Maybe our current systems were purposely built to only last for so long. Then when "they" get here we can reboot to whatever system they are running.

So in short maybe the guys who want to keep the old are the enemy and guys who destroy the economy are the good guys.

Nobody ever said change is easy...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
If they is, aliens you refer to, we are smoked

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ScRuFFy63

You bring up a good point when we think of the government we think of every single person who works for the government, though my mailman is kinda rude I dont think he is trying to take over the world.

It isnt everyone in the government who is the enemy, rather a few bad seeds in key positions of government. More people are good than bad in this world people want to help other people out, but with years and years of propoganda and force fed beliefs that help means making insane laws that srtip us of our rights you realize that they are only doing what they think is right.

Its not just the government either its the public, like when there is a school shooting the public demands stricter gun control not realizing the implications.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I disagree. I believe the way people act is very easy to point out. Those who oppose change are very easy to spot. Figure out a way to group them together and the rest may live. It would be that simple.

If I put myself in an aliens shoes I wouldn't want to deal with those people who would shoot first, just to protect their way of life.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

While what you are saying is very true, I'm talking about those that most people what consider evil. Is it that they are evil or is it that they are looking at a bigger picture in which many lives must be lost for the greater good.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
True let me give it another go.

Many politicians out there that are the cause of so much trouble, lets say bush and the Iraq war, are only interested in personal gain.
Bush started a war with a peaceful, yes peaceful they didnt attack us and we arent world police, country all for profit. They werent linked to 9/11, there is no conclusive proof that 9/11 wasnt an inside job but still he went head first into a peaceful country and killed thousands of innocent people for money.

Thats pretty much the way they think. I would give them props if they were in it for the greater good, but in there quest for more and more money they keep adding up this enormous human toll going against any good to humanity.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by caballero

The problem with your statement is that you say they are in it for the money. Thats what I used to think. I now think it has to be more than that. The money has to be a byproduct of their real plan.

Think about it this way. In a utopian world where there is no more evil our current global economy does not work in the least bit. So that means when it's time for the new economy (possibly 2012) we better get rid of the old one. How else would we comfortably get rid of it.

If we just up and change it one day the amount of protesters would be... well a lot. So a better method would be to drain in until it doesn't work anymore proving to the remaining people that it's time for big change. Of course you can't drain the global economy without all the money going to a few rich people.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Is it cool to bump my own thread? Just looking for more insight.

new topics

top topics

join