It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Human being has caused the most deaths?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Xeven

hmm , why does this seem like a string of capricious and LEADING questions and an arbitary 30 year cut off date - all deliberatly chosen to " engineer " the response GW Bush ???????????

why dont you just OPENLY start a bush bashing thread - many others have doe - they are ussually quite popular

why the shenanigans ?

Hi ignorant_ape,

I may have missed it, but the multiple post before yours I did not see Bush mentioned once asides from him being one of my original list.
Bush's decisions certainly have caused a lot of deaths, but I do not know if he would be the highest in the last 30 years.

I choose 30 years because I am 40, I wanted to exclude Veitnam, WWII etc...and since this site often reveals information through its many members that we do not see in main stream media that it would shed some light on the subject. Mostly, I wanted the answers to focus on what has happend in my liftime, since I was old enough to understand the world.

Seems to have generated some great information so far. Some of the names and atrocities commited I had never heard of and that is the intent of this post. To ask and learn while at the same time enjoying the controversy, conspiracy, and perspective of people from all around the world.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Xeven, this is fascinating!

I apologize for missing, at first, the '30 year' parameter.

Working on a thesis, are we????

(kidding....but, you have to admit, ATS is a great place to mine for ideas....)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Though he just missed the 30 year mark Pol Pot has got to be up there, anybody that can kill a quarter of his countrymen has got to have a seat at the Captains table of Hell.

The leaders of the Rwanda Genocide deserve mention, though it's hard to single out one person for that.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Stalin made Hitler look like a pansy and Mao made Stalin look like a pansy.

As far as the last 30 years I don't know their names but several Africans should probably be on this list. Some mean Schtuff going on over there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In the past 30 yrs id say g-bush senior, remebering that he is responsible for giving us gw bush.
All time - if he ever exsisted which i doubt it has to be jesus! if he didnt then the bloke that made him up

[edit on 2/3/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I haven't seen any nominations for the successors of Mao Tse Tung, like Zhao Ziyang and Li Peng.

Everyone agrees that Mao killed millions with the Long March, the Great Leap Forward, and the Cultural Revolution.

We hear much less about the genocides that are continuing in China.

The Second Cultural Revolution, Tianamen Square, the construction of the Three Gorges Dam, and the relocation of millions for the Olympic Games, to name a few.

Not to mention the execution of political prisoners to harvest their organs, the slave labor factories, and forced abortions.

I am sure that years from now some young Chinese author will win the Nobel Prize for Literature by writting about the slaughter that is China today.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I vote for the despicable United Nations, whatever they do, action (when it is not need) or inaction (when action is needed) it always seems to lead to the most deaths possible.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ask the same question in three years,H.Obama will be an easy win.Good luck folks.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It is very difficult to argue against the UN nomination. They have indeed caused much human suffering in their very short history.

My favorite UN action was the Korean War, where you had 3 of the permanent members and the UN on one side, and the other 2 permanent members and their slave states on the other side. The UN pretended the whole time that the USSR and China were not fighting against the UN forces. Anyway, millions of people died on both sides and the UN showed everyone just how inept that it really was.

The UN is a Fairy Tale for the "Can't We all just get along" crowd.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Heh and where is everyone getting their numbers from? US media links? LOL ...oohh yah I'm sure every single word and number written is sooooo accurate. Pfff . It's prob not something that can be counted anyways for opinions will differ on direct relation. ....As none of them actually pull triggers etc.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

The leaders of the Rwanda Genocide deserve mention, though it's hard to single out one person for that.

Which Human being has caused the most deaths?

a number of elderly Russian planes were supplying arms to the extremists responsible for the Rwandan genocide

Source
One man made this and other wars possible by supplying arms to all sides. He didn't pull the trigger. But these conflicts wouldn't have been so deadly if he didn't supply these arms. He has delivered arms to most conflicts for the last 15 years. I'm not sure about the total number of dead, but it's a lot of people...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Sounds like a character from a James Bond movie. I am sure he is a good candidate. There are probably a couple more like him too.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Karl Marx. His philosophy keeps killing even today.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It is very difficult to argue against the UN nomination. They have indeed caused much human suffering in their very short history.

My favorite UN action was the Korean War, where you had 3 of the permanent members and the UN on one side, and the other 2 permanent members and their slave states on the other side. The UN pretended the whole time that the USSR and China were not fighting against the UN forces. Anyway, millions of people died on both sides and the UN showed everyone just how inept that it really was.

The UN is a Fairy Tale for the "Can't We all just get along" crowd.

During the Korean "Conflict", China was represented in the UN by the Nationalist Chinese government in Taiwan. The Nationalist Chinese definitely supported stopping the North Korean aggression.

The Communist government in mainland China was not in the UN until Henry Kissinger and Richard Nixon sold out the non-communist Chinese.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Hi ignorant_ape,

I may have missed it, but the multiple post before yours I did not see Bush mentioned once asides from him being one of my original list.
Bush's decisions certainly have caused a lot of deaths, but I do not know if he would be the highest in the last 30 years.

My guess was GWB a page or two back. Check it out.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Saddam Hussein
Bill Clinton
Osama Bin laden
Vladimir Putin
George W. Bush
George H. W. Bush
Mahmoud Akmadinijad
Omar al-Bashir
Slobodan Milosevic

Contrary to popular believe, people such as Bill Clinton and George W. did not directly order the mass killings of any culture/nation/ethnicity. I noticed you used the word "caused" which is fair enough, but there are people on your list who have ordered the direct slaughter of civilians, and others who have ordered the occupation of a foreign land - there is a difference.

Originally posted by pavil
Though he just missed the 30 year mark Pol Pot has got to be up there, anybody that can kill a quarter of his countrymen has got to have a seat at the Captains table of Hell.

Agreed. The Khmer Rouge were brutal and Pal Pot was very, very severe to many civilians.

[edit on 22/3/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'd vote the guy who invented to add lead to petrol to make engines less 'clunky'. He is the same fellow who then went on to invent freons to be used in refridgerators. Can't remember the guys name though, saw this on QI which is a show about weird facts.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I have to wonder how many future deaths will happen because of the last 8 years of Bush Stem cell laws. The science was delayed therfore any breakthrougg cures for death and ilness that come from this reasearch was possilby delayed by Bush. Thses deaths could include you you and your family that do not yet have one of the ilnesses the stem cells may cure.

Bush legacy will continue to cause deaths in the future due to the scientific delays he cause in stem cell reasearch.

I hope it is not me or my familiy his delays have caused. Stem Cells might have been a better and longer lasting alternative to his own mothers recent hearth problems. Maybe he shortened her life also.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

To correct your post. George W. Bush was the first President to authorize Federal Funding for adult stem cell research. What W. limited was the funding of embryonic stem cell research.

So far, the major breakthroughs have all come from the adult stem cell research. As it turns out the embyonic stem cells can't be controlled like the adult cells and they end up causing cancer or mutating into other undesirable cells.

So, it looks like W. was correct to promote research into adult stem cell lines. He may actually have saved lives by directing funds in the direction that has shown the most potential.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If you think about it, the guy responsible for the most deaths would be:

Adam

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join