It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General says president's eligibility needs proof

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've been reading, even commented a few times....but, now I have a general question for all of the 'anti-Obama' folks:

What, exactly, are your goals in this?

IF (and, a big IF) it is proven beyond any and all belief that Barrack Obama is NOT a natural-born citizen, then under that kind of heat, what? Want him to resign? OK, so he resigns....now, Joseph Biden is President....

Is that what you want????

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Quite honestly, who would be President or what exactly would happen to the country should have no weight in this legal matter. The law should, after all, be viewed objectively.

What I find hypocritical in their position is that they wrap themselves in the flag and claim their only goal is to uphold the Constitution and the law, and yet they're willing to ignore that very own legal system in order to get what they want.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I've been reading, even commented a few times....but, now I have a general question for all of the 'anti-Obama' folks:

What, exactly, are your goals in this?

IF (and, a big IF) it is proven beyond any and all belief that Barrack Obama is NOT a natural-born citizen, then under that kind of heat, what? Want him to resign? OK, so he resigns....now, Joseph Biden is President....

Is that what you want????

There comes a time - (and the time is now) - when we have to tell the truth and have find our integrity. If he lied about this - he is a liar -

I know that they are mostly liars - but this one in particular has been very careful to make us feel that he is not like the others. So this would have a serious effect on whether the rest of what he says is true.

So yes - bring on the next guy. It's the right thing to do.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

spinky, converge, and others, this IS about finding truth, under the law.

I agree.

Is there ever going to be enough proof?? Or will this issue never die, ala 9/11?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Is there ever going to be enough proof?? Or will this issue never die, ala 9/11?

There will always be a fringe minority who will not accept any form of evidence. You see, they already decided Obama wasn't born in the United States, so there is nothing that will change their minds.

If Obama allows someone to look at his original records, they will claim that someone was biased or paid off. If a Court asks to inspect his records, they will claim the Judge is not impartial. If the Supreme Court orders it, they will say the Supreme Court is in on the conspiracy because Obama is the President after all!

So to some extent it will not go away anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by spinkyboo

spinky, converge, and others, this IS about finding truth, under the law.

I agree.

Look, if the guy would have done what they made McCain do for similar reasons, NONE of this would be happening! I was once a supporter of Obama until I couldn't understand what the hell the BIG DEAL is in showing us his Vaulted BC! It is soooooo simple, so inexpenisve moreover, if he wasn't lying, then, he wouldn't be disclosing information he hasn't already show us other than where he was born, what hospital, who the doctor was etc. This isn't some fringe as consierge would have you all believe. Many are asking this same question and Ill tell you, it is very un-characteristic of a President to refuse we the people of such a compulsory requirement of the Office he holds.

He has not explained why and the answeres he HAS given were through third party websites that have lied through their teeth infuriating the public even more because IT IS such a simple thing to do and their really is no excuse for not satisfying us with the real document. Even the COLB deliberately does us no good as no Doctor is mentioned nor is there a Hospital mentioned. I mean everything about this issue stinks to high heaven and he is losing more support all the time.

he now stands as the President with the fastest falling and lowest approval rating among any this long in office.

He has loaded every single taxpayer with a $25,000 debt if you were to just make this about taxpaying Americans. He has asked us to to be more patriotic and pay higher and more and sacrifice when he and his Friends Oprah and people so filthy effing rich it is vulgar when they talk about "giving back to the community" . People are hurting out there and they want to know more now than ever, is this guy someone we should trust? Should we be saying "Yes we can" or Hell No we won't! .

While some of you are here defending him, I ask, for what? What is it to you ? What do you have against anyone seeing this document? Is this personal for you as well? Wouldn't it be great if he did it foro YOU who support him so?

Some say it wouldn't matter if he did show it, we still wouldn't believe it.

Perhaps some wouldn't, but speaking for myself ,, we have unemployment at an all time high, job layoffs, foreclosures with people losing their homes. He wants us to say yes we can.

Well I am not feeling to secure about this man and as much as he is asking of us with most of us worried sick about our families and our future's, what little we have left he wants us to give and as they take and take and take and take, we are so weary from 8 years of bush fatigue and now price sticker shock with Obama scaring the hell out of people with more of his gloom and doom and we are asked to step up to the plate with Obama giving us all this expensive reputation to live up to as Americans who have risen to any occasion to make this country strong,, and we want to,, really we do,, but would it is too much to ask,,

that he show US what we wanted to see all along so that when we give our lifes blood literally and financially, we can at least know of the many things we barely know about this Harvard Lawyer and the one we have all been waiting for. Well,, many of us are still waiting, and many of us don't care how much he knows until we know how much he cares,

I don't think we are asking for anything more,,

than to know just who he is and,,

is he really, one of us, or

just out for himself.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

Forty days in office, yet he has "the fastest falling and lowest approval rating of ANY president so far into his term"??? Support for this claim, or just your word?

AND, um....have you been only watching 'Fixed News'?? A tax rise? Well, Oprah had better hold to her Billions, because she gonna get a tax increase!!! AND, she can well afford it!!!

So, if the top 5% of wealthy Americans get a slight tax increase....it will affect them, how? They've already squirreled away the money they saved during the Bush Admin tax cuts....time to pay the Piper!!! Oh, and don't get me wrong, they won't be hurtin' anytime soon!

Oh, and your $25,000 per man/woman/child? Pure 'republican' twalking points.....must you be reminded that in the Year 2000 there was a Budget SURPLUS?

Numbers can be fudged any way you wish, in order to make whatever point you want.....just ask Bernie Madoff.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

well converge...you're wrong again.

mccain declared citizen

i showed you mine ,now show me yours
who's paying you for this disinfo?
its getting old

if we ask him to prove citizenship,it is his DUTY to do so ,as he is the only one with access to these documents.

what do they call a phobia about the constitution? have you been diagnosed?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

is there ever going to be ANY proof? of course a good obamatron will ignore even the questions he has looming over his head.

C'MON,JUST A LITTLE PROOF? PRETTY PLEASE?

INDONESIAN CITIZEN???/

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
oops

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
ONE QUESTION:didnt he say it was going to be the most transparent administration ever?

then why wont he show the required documents to be potus?
why does he spend money to hide the past?

why am i trying to reason with obamatrons?

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Spectre.....I'd LOVE to see this issue get some legs, and traction!!!!

Come on!!! We all saw Clinton get raked over the coals for nothing....A Blow Job????

WhiteWater???????

Sen. Larry Craig, caught.....swept under the rug, the 'Rebublican' rug....don't try to deny it!!!

Seriously....IF, big IF.....this gets legs, I'll be one of the first to swallow, and say, I was wrong.

This reminds me, a bit, of the attempt, failed as it was, to explain that in the year 2000, GWB, presumptive Number 43....well, wasn't the ACTUAL elected 'president'. hmmmmm....similar jeans, different colors....AND I would NEVER wear red jeans....only blue jeans....but, I can see hyprocisy when it stares me in the face!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
with clinton ,it was more than a bj.
you need to check this out it was underclinton's admin

101 reasons vince foster was murdered

i wasnt for what bush pulled either. things like signing the american borders away,nafta hwy(which runs about 1/4 of a mile from my house) etc.,etc.
i trust no politician---ever.
all i want is proof. nothing more. evry american should want and need this. it is the basis of our gov. it is not asking too much.

p.s. you'll like the link. but its long,and worth it

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Ya know wha? I don't even have to linky....to know where YOU stand on this issue.

But, again.....look at the TITLE of the thread. IT IS NOT about Clinton, though you may hope to make it so....it just isn't.

The POINT here, on THIS thread, is about our current President's eligibility.

It is, really, THAT simple.

'proof' is being asked for.....simple. WHY is this getting mis-directed??????

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I came across this site with loads of information on this subject. Lots of infornation to check upon yourself. indeed he doesnt sound like a man to be trusted.

theobamafile.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

suelouejo, I will look it up, when I have the time. Thanks....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

potential issues with fact check, as well as indonesian citizenship (loss of u.s. citizenship), are brought up in this youtube video. i don't care if he turns out to be a natural-born citizen and all checks out, but this should be determined in a court of law, not some website.

i'm not holding my breath on that court case, though.

-rick
(harbaughisback)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by converge

Agreed. Which is why I have said repeatedly that he should release it to an unbiased-third party for verification, not that he should make a copy for anyone who wants to see it. He posted a copy on his website, how would it infringe on his right to privacy to submit it to a court or someone chosen by the courts to verify it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Which is why I have said repeatedly that he should release it to an unbiased-third party for verification, not that he should make a copy for anyone who wants to see it. He posted a copy on his website, how would it infringe on his right to privacy to submit it to a court or someone chosen by the courts to verify it?

If you go by the theory the certificate he posted might not be legit then the Hawaiian officials who certified and vouched for it are lying and committed fraud.

Factcheck.org said they inspected his certificate in his campaign headquarters. You are assuming no other unbiased-third party went there and verified it.

I'm guessing that, since factcheck.org inspected the certificate, for someone else to do so wouldn't even require a court order. It's just a matter of asking Obama or his people, to inspect it.

Has WND or any other unbiased-third party (lol...) even attempted to inspect his certificate?

[edit on 2-3-2009 by converge]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
well converge...you're wrong again.

mccain declared citizen

What the Washington Post article talks about is a Senate Resolution they passed expressing their sense that John McCain is a natural born citizen. It's a non-binding resolution, meaning that it has no legal effect.

Here's the Senate Resolution.

WASHINGTON (Thursday, April 10, 2008) – Sens. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) and Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) today introduced a resolution expressing the sense of the U.S. Senate that presidential candidate and current Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) is a ‘natural born Citizen,’ as specified in the Constitution and eligible to run for President.

Don't take my word for it, take the Washington Post's word since you apparently accept them as a credible source:

The bad news is that the nonbinding Senate resolution passed Wednesday night is simply an opinion that has little bearing on an arcane constitutional debate that has preoccupied legal scholars for many weeks. source

i showed you mine ,now show me yours

You said there was a court decision stating McCain has proven his citizenship. If you don't remember, it's in this post of yours.

This isn't a court decision, this is a Senate Resolution with no legal value.

Only the Supreme Court could decide whether McCain qualifies as a natural born citizen or not, and the Supreme Court has never ruled on that.

According to certain interpretations McCain doesn't qualify as a natural born citizen, because when he was born there was no legislation ruling the citizenship of births in the Canal Zone.

There's a good analysis of it by Gabriel J. Chin, Professor of law at the University of Arizona.

Because the Canal Zone was a “no man’s land,” in the words of Representative Sparkman, in 1937 Congress passed a statute, the Act of Aug. 4, 1937 (now codified at 8 U.S.C. § 1403(a)) granting citizenship to “[a]ny person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904” who had at least one U.S. citizen parent. This Act made Senator McCain a U.S. citizen before his first birthday. But again, to be a natural born citizen, one must be a citizen at the moment of birth. Since Senator McCain became a citizen in his eleventh month of life, he does not satisfy this criterion, is not a natural born citizen, and thus is not “eligible to the Office of President.” source

if we ask him to prove citizenship,it is his DUTY to do so ,as he is the only one with access to these documents.

He has proven his citizenship. He has a legal document proving it. It's not Obama's fault that you either don't feel the document is real, or haven't had it in your hands.

The part about making you comfortable with the evidence about his citizenship isn't a Constitutional requirement.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by converge]

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join