It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firms defraud government but get new US contracts.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushi

On that I agree with you 100%, money is good specially when the economy is so hard on everybody else but for now contracting is good business and well funded.

It seems that it will stay well funded under Obama as he is now planning to get into Afghanistan in full force and also something is going on with Pakistan.

My husband said that already Marines has been told that they will be deployed to Afghanistan and our local base is to support them with equipment.

So that is good business for private contractors.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It seems that nothing is going to change....

Regardless of who is President. I am thinking we just need to get our military back to the way it was. When I could order you to fix this and it would happen, regardless of if it was your"job" or not. Its alot better then having contractors doing what I am doing right now. BSing on Forums...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushi

At least you are telling the truth. the military now in the hands of private contractors is good business for the profiteers of war.

They are in full charge now and they will never let go the milking cow that they military has become to them.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I will definately give a star for that one because you are absolutely right. I think the last time I looked (back in early 08) the government gives out over 500 billion in contracts every year for military, 10 Billion of that is for minority owned small business. Any contract over 1 Million must have Congressional approval, however adding to said contracts does not require it... and that is where we are getting hosed.

I have also seen former military members milking the system to extend the life of the contract by citing BS regs that have no bearing in what they are doing.

I can honestly say that my employer dont like me to much because I still hold the belief in what we do as military members and treat my job as if I am still in. This got me into alot of trouble in the past and present, and certainly will in the future...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushi

In my husband case their contractor even when one of the largest in the nation leaves their employees to do their job with nobody watching over their shoulders, they have a Civil service worker boss that as long as he is happy with their supporting jobs (keeping the money flowing for projects) he doesn't mind what they do.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yeah, well I am the one that goes up to said GS employee and tells him that most of what he hears in his briefings are either direct lies or such stretches on the truth that he is being nothing but BS'd either way...

Of course that doesnt help me much either...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join