It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Paradox

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wrong ...you have misunderstood relativty. Einstein stated clearly that we can approach, and go beyyond the speed of light, but we can not reach the actuall speed of light!!!! Dont you remember those exponential diagrams from high school!!!!

Relativity does not state that we can not go faster or slower than the speed of light!!!!....

Look into a good college physics book..Tipler, Nolan...read before you speak!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
ha excellent
man thats guys a genius
oh heres 1
if u go backl and murder ur grandfather u will not have exsisted BUT how could u kill him if u didnt exsist ?

You got that idea from a Futurama! The answer? You didn't kill your grandfather, you killed the man your grandmother said was your grandfather. In reality, you are your own grandfather! Eeeeewwww! You did grandma!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaselink
Wrong ...you have misunderstood relativty. Einstein stated clearly that we can approach, and go beyyond the speed of light, but we can not reach the actuall speed of light!!!! Dont you remember those exponential diagrams from high school!!!!

Relativity does not state that we can not go faster or slower than the speed of light!!!!....

Look into a good college physics book..Tipler, Nolan...read before you speak!!!!

To put that into more layman's terms, relativity states that if you're going less then the speed of light, you're going to continue going less then the speed of light. You can't cross the border.

However, you can start out faster then the speed of light, in which case, you'll never be able to go slower then the speed of light.

It is interesting to note, however, that in his declining years, Einstein reassessed his relativity work, and spent quite a bit of time trying to disprove it. He may have, too, had time not been a factor

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think all you guys should wake upto the reality of the namy world Hypthesis:
Read-Professor David Deutsch
many worlds-www.qubit.org...

and take a little time to research the experimental confirmation of his work all over the world!

I've quite a bit about the Many Worlds Theory actually. Personally, I find it to be a much more probable answer than any Single or Universal Type of theory. It solves all the Paradox Problems for one. But also seems to comply and make sense out of the 'Mysterious' discoveries within Quantum Physics/Mechanics. It also allows for a variety of other theories and things as well.

In fact, I guess the only problem with The Many Worlds Theory is the fact that it works so well and by its own nature allows for so many 'Potential Problems' to exist without being a problem, it doesn't allow for much 'Testing'. It is one of those theories that validates and proves itself while also not allowing for any possible holes to be found. But, I guess that is also what makes it so good too. Ok, well I'm starting to babble now, so I'm done...

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Im in on this one.

I have one thing to add though, its possible to travel into the future as much as you want to, but its not possible to travel back in the past.

But to the people in the future, we would be coming from the past, and going back to the past. Unless you're refering to relativity, and time slowing down as you approach the speed of light, then that's an accurate assessment.

No, we wouldnt be going back? Unless I dont understand what you mean.. (English inst my first language)

Originally posted by Spiderj

I have one thing to add though, its possible to travel into the future as much as you want to, but its not possible to travel back in the past.

Okay, but which future would you travel into?
Spiderj

Originally posted by Ringwrath
heres a simpler one:

You build a time machine and after admiring it for a few hours and getting up the courage to use it you set it for a few minutes earlier. When you arrive you invite youself to go back another few minutes and so on untill you have an army of yourself.

I think that this is good examples of how there has to be several timelines/dimensions/paralell universes if timetravel is possible!
And timetravel have to be possible, if Einstein was correct...

Funny.. Never thought about the fact that we could go faster than light, as soon as we got past the actual light speed.

Thanx... I think I was stuck in Star Trek vs. Einstein theories... Time for some philosophy now!

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

ha excellent
man thats guys a genius
oh heres 1
if u go backl and murder ur grandfather u will not have exsisted BUT how could u kill him if u didnt exsist ?

You got that idea from a Futurama! The answer? You didn't kill your grandfather, you killed the man your grandmother said was your grandfather. In reality, you are your own grandfather! Eeeeewwww! You did grandma!

no dude stole it from a stupid film and see for that u deserve to be castrated then shot then burnt then your ashes pissed on
with all due respect

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

no dude stole it from a stupid film and see for that u deserve to be castrated then shot then burnt then your ashes pissed on
with all due respect

Ok, but then you deserve worse for not taking it from Futurama!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

with all due respect

a fate worse than a fate worse than death that preety bad

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

with all due respect

a fate worse than a fate worse than death that preety bad

That would be a date with my sister!

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Um... I'm sorry to be rude, but you're quite incorrect. If you look in any college textbook, you'll discover that the Lorentz transformations simply do not work at speeds above light (all of the denominating terms in the Lorentz equations become imaginary, meaning that duration and length will be imaginary).

If statements from authority turn your crank, I'll quote p. 41 of "Relativity: The Special and General Theory: A Clear Explanation that Anyone can Understand" by Albert Einstein(emphasis mine)

From this we conclude that in the theory of relativity the velocity c plays the part of a limiting velocity, which can neither be reached nor exceeded by any real body.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by AlexKennedy]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join