It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo skeptics does it really matter what you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
`cgi`

`bird`

`weather baloon`

`chinese lantern`

some of the many debunks we hear for ufos.. yes granted a big percentage are actual hoaxes or the people genuinely mis interpurted what they saw, but COME ON... there are so many genuine cases out there, so much footage
yet skeptics continue to sit their on their little keyboards and scream `cgi` `baloon`

so guess what

I DONT CARE WHAT SKEPTICS THINK ANYMORE

I KNOW MY TRUTH AND THATS ALL WHAT MATTERS!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zeta1991

Hey Zeta...

Welcome to ATS...

Your views, at the moment, are ignorant...

I too find screaming "it's a lantern" quite annoying...but what of all the 'believers' that scream "smoking gun!", when it was nothing more than a - lantern..?

These individuals do more harm than the skeptics...

I believe man, but I take in the good and disregard the bad...we need skeptics as much as they need attention...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Indeed the rational [skeptica;] approach some of us take to ufo's shouldn't stop you believing however it does matter if any for of action is to be taken...

What you believe, how you live your life doesn't concern me but then if you wanted to stop spending tax money on R&D, Science, etc because aliens will give us technology if we can manage to communicate - thus the potential of humanity would be being wasted on a pipe dream.

Also if we just accepted the unproven answer then we might be missing the truth - if all wind turbines were said to be broken by UFO's then the heating devices and bolts wouldn't be upgraded and they would keep breaking or if everyone accepted that the big light in the eastern evening sky was a ufo thenwe prepare to meet the aliens rather than deal with the credit crunch / depression.

So no it doesn't matter what skeptics think to you, however it DOES matter in the real world.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Don't you get tired posting the same threads over and over again, getting the same responses every time, then getting banned, then creating a new account just to do it all over again?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So you create a thread about skeptics to tell the world that you don't care about them?

There's something wrong isn't?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

your theory is full of swamp gas

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeta1991

Hi Zeta
Welcome to ATS.
As other members have stated all over this forum, skeptisism is desperately needed to weed out hoaxes and hoaxers as well as misidentifications, and attention seekers.

How many times have you seen footage that you thought was real, then changed your mind when a skeptic showed PROOF to what it really was?
Happend to me with the infamous "Star Wars Escape Pod" footage back in the day.

I know you said all that really matters is your proof.
But since, dispite tons of evidence, there has`nt been any real accepted proof that has convinced the masses yet, is`nt your PROOF still just speculation?
Or do you have any proof that has`nt already been presented?
If you do, please present it and let the ATS members look it over. There`s alot of smart people here.

Once again welcome to ATS.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

You're quite mad! In fact your as mad as a huge mad thing which has pencils stuck up it's nose who has gone to a fancy dress ball as a pencil case!
I've noted your views, processed them and confined them to the dustbin. For gods sake, get a life.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore

So you create a thread about skeptics to tell the world that you don't care about them?

There's something wrong isn't?

Hehehehe....

Why don't we have a "skepticism" vs "ufologistics" forum

but seriously - (to the TC) - I am happy for you that you feel so strongly; but please keep the scientific method at heart, don't jump to conclusions, and always follow procedure, or else you will else up "drinking alot of snake oil pills" and nobody will ever take you seriously.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Zeta... go away. Seriously.

You, and those like you, ruin any chance UFOlogy has to be taken seriously.

Get some mental help, please.

Here, I'll just quote myself from one of your 'OMG undeniable proof, debunk this??!?!?!!' topics...

It is people like Zeta that give all UFO believers the bad stereotype.

It is one thing to believe in UFOs, I do, but it is an entirely different problem when someone believes every single misidentification and hoax on film.

There has been some 'UFO' photos and videos lately that are debunked so easily, yet some diehard believers won't let go and admit they were wrong and then once again you have the outside observers muttering 'damn UFO nuts'.

Like the seagull image the other day, that was shown to be a seagull by about 4 or 5 different members, yet some posters either ignored the explanation or attacked them as 'disinfo agents'.

Please. Grow up and be big enough to admit when you are wrong.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think skeptics can bring reality back down to earth, everyone is a skeptic in one way or another.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hi, weneedtoknow.
Bye, weneedtoknow.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes,skeptics can be annoying. However, much like athiests, they serve a purpose. Look, a skeptic and atheist are in the same league. Most have a unique attitude. It's simple really.

Skeptic, i.e atheist: "I want to believe. However, until you show me some verifiable proof of what you are claiming is true, I cannot,without being intellectually dishonest,believe."

So, I have a bit of advice.... Why don't you change your attitude. Instead of viewing them as being annoying ignoramouses, or whatever, view them as motivators. View them as being people who are trying to motivate you to show legitimate proof.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, skeptics can be a bit radical sometimes but so can believers, espesically when they post a thread, entitled: 'undeniable proof of aliens/ufos' but instead they come up short with a blurry video which can easily be identified as something else.

To be perfectly honest without skeptics this forum would of detoriated long ago and I'm happy they are here, makes for fun arguments.

[edit on 06/21/2008 by diamount]

top topics

join