It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-RBS ( Royal Bank of Scotland) boss 'must give up pension'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Ex-RBS ( Royal Bank of Scotland) boss 'must give up pension'

uk.news.yahoo.com

Chancellor Alistair Darling has urged failed banking boss Sir Fred Goodwin to give up his £650,000 pension - threatening legal action if he fails to act voluntarily to end the controversy.

The Treasury has been angered by the revelation that the former chief of Royal Bank of Scotland, which has announced a UK record £24.1 billion annual loss, is already benefiting from his £16 million pension pot even though he is only 50
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I added the name clarification to the title - as most non UKbased ATS`ers wont know who RBS are.

Well - i hope they sue his ass and make a precedant - and go after all of the problem makers - starting with the biggest one of all Rothschild.

these meddlesome fools have cost the planet and sit laughing on there own romanesque empires.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Goodwin deserves a massive slap across his stupid smirking face.

It takes an astonishing amount of ineptitude to take a bank that has been profitable since the 1700s (RBS posted a profit for every single year for about 250 years until today), and turn it into a massive loss making entity (£24bn annual loss for 2008, announced today).

Or maybe I'm just annoyed because the man's actions made me personally lose money...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Its ridiculous.. these bank bosses should be locked up or fined for detrimental economic circumstances arising from gross incompetence.. or something along those lines.

#in idiots - how could these people not see this coming. It was obviously coming to a head in the US.. that was between the lines in economic news for a full year before the Lehmen collapse. These guys were still throwing out money for property developments that were OBVIOUSLY going to become toxic when the property market slumped.

The same is happening here in Ireland and people are also fuming about it, the bonuses that some of the main bankers are walking away with after this fiasco is absolutely ridiculous.

Crash your bank head first into the ground.. resign.. get a half million € in bonus's along with your €3.5 million you got payed to wreck the bank in the first place.

# # #!!

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I remember how smug and cocky he was when the RBS bought ABN Amro by outbidding Barclays. He taunted John Varley (Barclays CEO) for not closing the deal. It was really school playground stuff. Varley must be laughing his socks off.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Fat chance of him ever giving up that pension, got me earlier when Darling was on sky claiming he only found out two weeks ago about the size of this pension and yet the details have been on the web since at least 2007
just goes to show how incompetent our government is

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah I know who RBS is.
In fact during recent years they have become one of the more trusted payment processors online through some of there subsidiary's.
I have used there services many times and never found a fault.
And I would expect from what ive read, that this guy would almost get his head beaten in if he doesn't give this up.
The loss is just to much, we are talking alot of money here not just trivial stuff.
If he wants to keep his cash then he better hire some good security.

new topics

top topics

join