It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you fearful of 2012? Well don't be!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

We are all gods’ children, we are all equal beautiful and unique, most of all we all have our own minds and free will. Let people be what they want to be, let people dream what they want to dream, please don’t try to change that, you only create resistance against what is. I can tell all of you people on ATS right now “You are perfect just the way you are” and I will tell you the same thing again in 2012, 2013, 2014….

Thank you I agree.

I have had time today to play your video link you provided yesterday

www.youtube.com...

Its very good. I can see a lot of truth in what he says. He also delivers his message in a very humorous and uplifting way.

I know see that there is a difference between information and awarness.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't fear 2012, but I do wonder about all the people who are so wrapped up in the hype. How many people do you think are going to get so nervous, worked up, it's going to cause big health problems. Ever hear the phrase, "Worry yourself sick?" I would wager the closer it gets to 2012, more people are going to drop dead from worry.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Clark W. Griswold]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Clark W. Griswold

Indeed, some will stress out about it and may correlate the stress-related symptoms as proof for some 2012 apocalypse and there he goes into some negative spiral

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Loved that video on Anthony De Mello. I watched another one and he had a great quote. "That is what spirituality is all about, waking up. You are moving around in a drunken stooper, you are hypnotized, your drugged and you don't know what your missing."

I am discovering this more and more and every day. Waking up takes work and focus every day and I believe it will never end. Its all about the ride. I love it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
Loved that video on Anthony De Mello. I watched another one and he had a great quote. "That is what spirituality is all about, waking up. You are moving around in a drunken stooper, you are hypnotized, your drugged and you don't know what your missing."

Yes it was really good, cant say Ive seen a lot from him but I found him very good. He was trying in a nice way to get people to face up to their fears, especially of death. Like he says it happens, its reality, get used to it! This message was delivered very well. I think to loose the fear of death enables us to live, just as he states. I mean the main fear around 2012 has to be at the end of it, the fear of death. Be it death from an asteroid, commet, red dwarf, polar shift or even death from an alien, its all still fear of death. Loose your fear of this then you can start living your life here and now.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It’s sure nice to have somebody come across the way Anthony de Mello does, I love the simple yet effective method he uses for delivering his message. Like Eckhart Tolle he is not telling or trying to teach you anything different, he is just reminding you that life can me much more simple. I think his words tie in so well with this topic because keeping it simple is keeping it in the now. When you fast track to the future or events in the future you then live in the future. All you end up doing is projecting the future into the now; you then construct a beliefs structure based on the scenario playing through your mind.

Coincidences seem to happen as your beliefs get rooted deeper and deeper, everything seems to fit so well into this new beliefs structure and you think to yourself “Surely this must be the truth” when in reality all you are doing is manifesting or projecting your beliefs into the now. Everything you want to see you now see, although all you are doing is creating resistance against the natural flow of life. I have experienced the above and it can take away the whole mystery in life, some of these belief structure are so deeply rooted that it can make one feel “Robotic” their beliefs become there software, their minds like a computer running and analyzing information none stop. Don’t you think it’s time this computer had a rest, don’t you think it’s time ease the load on the amount of information analyzed by the mind.

Slow down, hit the power off button from time to time and connect with nature it will recharge you like a battery and bring you into the now. 2012 is 3 years away, so much can happen in that space of time, you could find the love of your life, have children, win the lottery or simply rediscover life. Anything can happen let life be the mystery it always has been, take a chance; in the words of Anthony De Mello “Life is for the gambler” Don’t destroy your life in the now with something that may or may not happen in the future.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
2012 is True But its the Beginning of End times! Shift from 2007 -2012 is when will see their lies with a global movement.... from 2012 - ???? will be the days of reckoning. From what i know about the past is for us to cherish life because the dragon will come and devour us...

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

2012 is True But its the Beginning of End times! Shift from 2007 -2012 is when will see their lies with a global movement.... from 2012 - ???? will be the days of reckoning. From what i know about the past is for us to cherish life because the dragon will come and devour us..

You sound so sure, is this something you predicted; are these beliefs yours or is it something you read. I find it hard to step into that way of thinking, I’m not saying you are wrong and I’m not saying you are right. What I am saying is what impact do you think these beliefs are having on your life, do you feel you now have a time limit to fulfill your dreams and goals in life. Or is it just fulfillment you find out of posting things like that, do you understand the consequences when saying something like that. This way of thinking drives/manipulates people into making unnecessary changes within their life, changes taking them out of the now.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nibirusight
2012 is True But its the Beginning of End times! Shift from 2007 -2012 is when will see their lies with a global movement.... from 2012 - ???? will be the days of reckoning. From what i know about the past is for us to cherish life because the dragon will come and devour us...

The dragon will come and devour us.....is this your understanding, your belief or is it the belief of another you have read about? You say you base this on your understanding of the past, but the past is no longer and bears no relation what so ever to what will happen. I read things like this every day and I just think well fine I'll deal with Mr Dragon when I see him but today he is of no concern to me whatsoever.

If this is infact something you believe in and give energy to, can you see how this can over time build fear up in your consciousness. Three years is a long time to spend thinking about a dragon devouring you! This is why it is so dangerous to read and believe all these crazy predictions of 2012, they are not your belief they are some one elses and by believing them you actually forget what YOU actually believe.

Jn

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Yep, people are getting carried away on all the hype they read, it seems to get more into the realms of fantasy.

This 2012 stuff is based around the Mayan Calendar and Astronomy, so a bit of research on this and things arnt as fantastical imo.

New Ages as Months of the Great Year

To repeat the technical information: Aquarius is one of 12 'Ages of the Zodiac' or 'Months of the Great Year'. 'Great Year' refers to the fact that the Earth, which spins on its axis like a top, also wobbles like a top, but the 'wobble' is very long-term - a 26,000 year period. The Great Year has seasons, and can be measured as follows: when on a solar year equinox or solstice (the 21st or 22nd of June, September, December or March) a line can be drawn from the center of the Earth through the center of the Sun and arrive directly at (or very nearly so) the Center of the Galaxy, then we have begun a new Great Year Season - about every 6300 years. We are at such a time right now, as we move into 'Aquarius'. The preceeding Season, three Ages or Great Months earlier, began with the Age of Taurus, approximately 4300 BC. That, in very, very brief outline, is an explanation of the Age of Aquarius in terms of Astronomy.
www.johnsacelli.com...

THE REAL MAYA PROPHECIES:

"The Maya knew the exact length of the true solar year as 365.2420 days, that is, with a minus error of 0.0002, while our present Gregorian calendar has it at 365.2425, or a plus error of 0.0003." (William Gates, The Yucatan before and after the Conquest).

How did they do it? Help from ET? Secrets from Atlantis? No. In our technological age we have just forgotten what can be achieved by careful naked-eye observing. Learn how they did it at Maya Sky Watchers.
www.members.shaw.ca...

MAYA SKY WATCHERS

Maya astronomers determined astronomical constants with remarkable accuracy. In our technological age, their feats seems incredible, if not impossible, without telescopes, clocks and measuring devices. But we have forgotten what can be achieved by careful naked eye observation using simple instruments, or even no instruments at all.

There is some debate about Maya measurement of the solar year. For calendrical purposes, the Maya used a 365 day year, the haab. Since they observed zenith passages of the sun , and aligned buildings to equinox and soltice points, it is clear that they knew the solar year is close to 1/4 day longer. The case for very high accuracy rests on an inscription from Palenque which records two dates 1508 haabs = 1508 x 365 = 550420 days apart. This is very close to 1507 solar years. The alleged Maya estimate of the solar year is thus 550420/1507 = 365.242203 days. (More about Maya measurement of the year. . . . )
members.shaw.ca...

Sky Watchers who recorded the movements of Solar Bodies Planets etc.

[edit on 28-2-2009 by Jn]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jn

Hi yes I agree 2012 does have fact and science at its core. Unfortunatly many myths and stories have arisen around the facts that you have posted.

People just need to stay grounded, being grounded I found was the one thing that helped me as I became consumed with these fabels. I just took a reality check one day, I had to it was all becoming too much, my life was more in 2012 than 2009. My head was in a constant vortex of stories and fear around the nightmarish predictions of this date.

Living in fear of 2012 is no way to live!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I believe this is because people really want change in the world, like everyone I also would like change in the world. Unfortunately trying to make change based on future predictions “based on New Age beliefs” isn’t the way to make that change. Because peoples beliefs differ in quiet a big way, so we are always going to have a huge number of future scenarios or predictions playing out through different belief structures telling people how to live.

Humanity does not need separating any more; humanity needs to unite to overcome the obstacles we all face ahead. We have been separated long enough through religion, power, race, color, wealth and so forth, take a look at the history of humanity, there are very few times “if any” where humanity united. The only uniting I have seen is in times of great suffering. Take a look back at 9/11, do you think the brave people of New York cared about whom they were pulling out from the rubble, rescuing or giving aid to. Do you think they questioned color, race, religion or wealth?

We need to learn from the mistakes of the past Not! Repeat them, separating “Does not work” with all these predictions on 2012 we are separating humanity even more. There are literally 100’s if not 1000’s of different New Age groups all claiming to have seen the bigger picture through there higher self, wisdom or through some form of channeling, all claiming they know what’s best for you and your future. Is this how you are going to live your life, having people tell you how to live. There is nothing hard about living all you have to do it realize “Now” is all you ever have.

Please don’t think I am trying to take away your beliefs, all I am trying to do is make sure you doubt them from time to time; you don’t have to but the more you become attached to your beliefs the harder it is to let go. And how long do you have to believe in something before it becomes fact or fiction, Have you ever tried letting go of them beliefs for 1 day.

Believer of 2012 (The End, Or New Beginning) let go of your beliefs for 1 day, let go of attachments, let go of the urge to share your beliefs with others. Imagine 2012 was never mentioned and 2012 is just another normal year, have a day off you can always go back to your beliefs the next day. Give your mind the quiet break it needs away from compulsive thinking. I suggest taking a walk in nature, does not have to be anything special just somewhere with a few trees and wildlife. The moment a thought arises about your beliefs say to yourself “Today is my day off” even if it’s the urge to get online and post something “Push it aside” you can deal with it the next day “Today is your day off” feel present in the moment and take in all the natural beauty around you, if you feel any form of negativity arise in your emotions, thoughts, feelings walk over to a tree and place your palm against it “Let me know what happens”

If you feel nothing then you are far too attached to your beliefs, so attached you missed the beauty of the present moment. You have now created resistance against life’s natural flow; you have now created a wall between you and the tree. The only way to break down that wall is to break the attachment, the more attachment the tougher the wall.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow

Believer of 2012 (The End, Or New Beginning) let go of your beliefs for 1 day, let go of attachments, let go of the urge to share your beliefs with others. Imagine 2012 was never mentioned and 2012 is just another normal year, have a day off you can always go back to your beliefs the next day. Give your mind the quiet break it needs away from compulsive thinking. I suggest taking a walk in nature, does not have to be anything special just somewhere with a few trees and wildlife. The moment a thought arises about your beliefs say to yourself “Today is my day off” even if it’s the urge to get online and post something “Push it aside” you can deal with it the next day “Today is your day off” feel present in the moment and take in all the natural beauty around you, if you feel any form of negativity arise in your emotions, thoughts, feelings walk over to a tree and place your palm against it “Let me know what happens”

Very well put! Ive had yet more 2012 stuff thrown at me this week on ATS, very fear filled indeed and I had started to feel it was effecting me, so I went for a walk on Sunday and it all just vanished, all the rubbish about aliens coming to eat me (dead ones at that LOL dead aliens were actually surfing the net to seek me out about posting anti 2012 stuff about their live relatives...yes folks this is how crazy this 2012 stuff is getting these days) but even so when you have people directly telling you stuff like this it is so easy to see why people become consumed with fear and anxiety. But yes a walk in the outdoors in the sun is an excellent way of getting rid of these thoughts.

I actually saw a member post on his 2012 related thread a mass apology to all those that had U2U him saying how anxious they were alien reptiles were coming to eat them. He issued a post saying sorry , and that no such man eating alien was actually proved to exist.

To most readers its just a joke that people say discarnate reptiles are surfing the net tracking their posts down or that an alien space reptile is coming to eat them, its the readers that think.."Oh I wonder if thats true" I worry about. That one thought then sows a seed for more thoughts and before you know it you believe it.

Good post thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join